Leonard Williams keeps Darron Lee from more trouble w/woman

NFL investigating incident involving Jets LB Darron Lee

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000813513/article/nfl-investigating-incident-involving-jets-lb-darron-lee

Jets are investigating video of Leonard Williams, Darron Lee in dispute An eyewitness video from a concert captures Williams de-escalating an argument

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-are-investigating-video-of-leonard-williams-darron-lee-in-dispute/

Williams (a very good last name for a defense lineman) did the smart thing a intervened. He apparently treated LB Darron Lee, not a small man, as a minor obstacle.

As I was leaving the festival tonight, I saw a man shouting at a woman, mid-argument. He then started to manhandle her and call her names.

Basically did a loop, then came back and grabbed the woman as soon as people had dispersed. Started dragging her away with him.

Again a few people got rid. She was obviously shaken and in tears. Aggressive guy went away again and security came and went.

Aggressive man was trying to get to the woman but the big dude was just in the way. So calm just like you're not getting through.

I've heard some think he's mentally unstable. Others think it's drugs/alcohol. He's still only 21 and that's no excuse but I'm not sure he has a support system. No father, his mom is back here in Cbus after living with him for awhile in NJ, and not sure if there are any mentors left on the team since they are clearing out all the vets.

I've heard some think he's mentally unstable. Others think it's drugs/alcohol. He's still only 21 and that's no excuse but I'm not sure he has a support system. No father, his mom is back here in Cbus after living with him for awhile in NJ, and not sure if there are any mentors left on the team since they are clearing out all the vets.

Bottom line, time to grow up

mental illnesses begin to arise in early 20's.

NFL investigating incident involving Jets LB Darron Lee

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000813513/article/nfl-investigating-incident-involving-jets-lb-darron-lee

Jets are investigating video of Leonard Williams, Darron Lee in dispute An eyewitness video from a concert captures Williams de-escalating an argument

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-are-investigating-video-of-leonard-williams-darron-lee-in-dispute/

Williams (a very good last name for a defense lineman) did the smart thing a intervened. He apparently treated LB Darron Lee, not a small man, as a minor obstacle.

Leonard Williams looked pissed...he was aggressively lifting and pushing him back giving him several shakes likes "What the Fvck is wrong with you dude??"

Lol, the CBus...lived there for 6 years

mental illnesses begin to arise in early 20's.

The desire to make excuses for people is staggering. An adult knows right from wrong, period. One who has attended college (we know he was at least on a campus for practices and games), been through the NFL's rookie symposium, seen countless others do dumb ****, I am sure has had people talk to him and people still make excuses. Time to grow up, get help if you need it. If you refuse, hit woman, and act like a social menace, you are a sh!tty person, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Anything else you sound like Chris "You Can Sit on My Lap" Collins trying to defend Drumpf for indefensible statements, comments, and attempts at rational policy. Or Sal "The Jock Sniffer" Capaccio who yesterday said on the radio he went to school with Qadry Ismael... yeah so did thousands of others you tool.

I get my news here and an occasional stop at other sights but didn't follow this one. But I long ago stopped being addicted to this league full of murderers, rapists, sexual assaulters, women beaters, robbers, and other miscreants. Just another nail in the coffin for me. One game a week during the season and then tune it out. These guys are animals.

Edited by zonabb

interesting. His behavior was so bizarre/appalling on a recent OSU charity cruise with thousands of alumni, coaches, players, fans that the couple who organizers it every year have told him he can't come back next year. There were too many complaints. He apparently got in a couple fights with former teammates over stupid things, refused to interact, was wasted the whole time, people said they thought he was on something. This is a cruise for cancer survivors that he goes on for free as an appearance. he refused to sign autographs, wouldn't take pics with kids. Prior to that he claims that he was "jumped" outside a Columbus bar and attacked for no reason. He put a video out about it and then deleted it. He has since deleted all of his tweets, from all time. I'm not saying it didn't happen (the attack) but it seems very odd to me unless he provoked them. He's well known and liked here (or was), even grew up and went to HS here. No details have ever come out either. No one saw it? His mom was an anchorwoman in the local news until last year when she abruptly quit to move to NJ with him when he got drafted ... another thing I thought was a bit odd. Just one of those situations where it feels like it's a constant drip.., drip... drip... and you hope the next thing isn't worse than the last. Edited by YoloinOhio

Good for Leonard. Without him, I dread to think how this ends for the other parties.

Lee needs to get his **** together. He's really not good enough to keep getting chances if he persists with acting like a dickhead.

i thought he had a lot of talent and potential but I did not think he was a 1st round pick and he needed another year of college and experience playing the LB position. Edited by YoloinOhio

i thought he had a lot of talent and potential but I did not think he was a 1st round pick and he needed another year of college and experience playing the LB position.

We both know that I wasn't his biggest fan during that draft process but I never thought he would fail due to off-field issues. Honestly, I thought the mother would be the biggest hurdle to deal with :D

Growing pains were bound to happen last year and he's in a really bad environment to develop with the Jets going full-on tank mode.

We both know that I wasn't his biggest fan during that draft process but I never thought he would fail due to off-field issues. Honestly, I thought the mother would be the biggest hurdle to deal with :D

Growing pains were bound to happen last year and he's in a really bad environment to develop with the Jets going full-on tank mode.

totally agree. He was always a project - and not in the best situation to develop.

Also his mom was so critical of the team last year (shocking I know) that she made her twitter account private. Her judgment is whack.

bipolar and such issues come out in college age and upper age high school when they're diagnosed by the time anyone begins to notice its not just kids being kids.

All my psychologists explained this to me growing up.

The desire to make excuses for people is staggering. An adult knows right from wrong, period. One who has attended college (we know he was at least on a campus for practices and games), been through the NFL's rookie symposium, seen countless others do dumb ****, I am sure has had people talk to him and people still make excuses. Time to grow up, get help if you need it. If you refuse, hit woman, and act like a social menace, you are a sh!tty person, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Anything else you sound like Chris "You Can Sit on My Lap" Collins trying to defend Drumpf for indefensible statements, comments, and attempts at rational policy. Or Sal "The Jock Sniffer" Capaccio who yesterday said on the radio he went to school with Qadry Ismael... yeah so did thousands of others you tool.

I get my news here and an occasional stop at other sights but didn't follow this one. But I long ago stopped being addicted to this league full of murderers, rapists, sexual assaulters, women beaters, robbers, and other miscreants. Just another nail in the coffin for me. One game a week during the season and then tune it out. These guys are animals.

mental illness isn't an excuse. Its an illness. I stopped reading after the first sentence because nothing you could have said after that would have changed what you opened with because mental illness, depression, bipolar, anxiety attacks, manic episodes, schizophrenia, etc are all serious issues that go unnoticed in a lot of people.

Clearly the guy has this or a dependency that has effected him.

Its more than just being an ass

bipolar and such issues come out in college age and upper age high school when they're diagnosed by the time anyone begins to notice its not just kids being kids.

All my psychologists explained this to me growing up.

The onset of schizophrenia tends to be late teens & early 20's. I'm fairly sure that at least a few young players that have gone off the rails have would be likely candidates for it.

Adam Muema being the most likely one.

Coaches will be pretty proud of Williams, this is right out of the Pete Carroll "protect the team" playbook...

Number 1. Protect the team: At practice realize you’re going up against your own guys. Or when you’re out drinking it’s your responsibility to take his keys away and find him a way home, almost more than it is his.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

The onset of schizophrenia tends to be late teens & early 20's. I'm fairly sure that at least a few young players that have gone off the rails have would be likely candidates for it.

I'm goes yove seen first hand the transition of a person enter this state. Its incredibly tragic

I'm goes yove seen first hand the transition of a person enter this state. Its incredibly tragic

Bills took Shaq just before Lee , starting to look better now. I thought Lee would have been a good pick , good thing I'm not GM.

I also thought EJ would be a good starter. Don't let me any where near the draft board set up. :cry:

Good for Leonard. Without him, I dread to think how this ends for the other parties.

Coaches will be pretty proud of Williams, this is right out of the Pete Carroll "protect the team" playbook...

Number 1. Protect the team: At practice realize you’re going up against your own guys. Or when you’re out drinking it’s your responsibility to take his keys away and find him a way home, almost more than it is his.

I gained more respect for Williams after this. Both for what he did and for how damn strong he looked doing it.

That was my take on it hence subject I selected to emphasis good head on Williams in this situation.

interesting. His behavior was so bizarre/appalling on a recent OSU charity cruise with thousands of alumni, coaches, players, fans that the couple who organizers it every year have told him he can't come back next year. There were too many complaints. He apparently got in a couple fights with former teammates over stupid things, refused to interact, was wasted the whole time, people said they thought he was on something. This is a cruise for cancer survivors that he goes on for free as an appearance. he refused to sign autographs, wouldn't take pics with kids. Prior to that he claims that he was "jumped" outside a Columbus bar and attacked for no reason. He put a video out about it and then deleted it. He has since deleted all of his tweets, from all time. I'm not saying it didn't happen (the attack) but it seems very odd to me unless he provoked them. He's well known and liked here (or was), even grew up and went to HS here. No details have ever come out either. No one saw it? His mom was an anchorwoman in the local news until last year when she abruptly quit to move to NJ with him when he got drafted ... another thing I thought was a bit odd. Just one of those situations where it feels like it's a constant drip.., drip... drip... and you hope the next thing isn't worse than the last.

Damn. That's not good. Thanks for the insight.