Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff,

You have got to learn how to qualify statements.

Your global declarations regarding the HC's coaching style, performance, approach to team-building, and game management philosophy are heretofore entirely unfounded. The guy has not presided over a single game as a HC yet.

Is it too much to hope that you wait for a scintilla of evidence before you makes leaps and bounds toward preset conclusions?

Andy Reid stuck with Alex Smith for 4 years before bringing in real QB competition. McDermott hasn't even coached one year with Tyrod yet. After Reid's 2nd year the Chiefs went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. He went two more years with Alex Smith after that season. The Bills are ahead of schedule with Tyrod, I mean if we're trusting the ultimate QB guru's opinion anyways.

Jeff will ignore this point until the end of time.

Yo guys I've been eating Austin BBQ all weekend. How's everyone been eatin'?

It's not Austin BBQ, but I eat good all the time. We like to try at least one new restaurant each week. More in good weeks. Plus my wife is a wiz in the kitchen and always trying new recipes from around the world.

Who needs Jeremy Maclin when you eat like a king?

I made Mexican street corn for the first time yesterday, I was pretty happy.

We're barbecuing at home with some friends from Mexico and South America on the 24th. I'm guessing we'll have some Mexican street corn that day. Good stuff!

In an attempt to re-rail the thread, let's say Maclin becomes a Bill. With 23* FB's on the roster and a steep WR price paid for 2nd Rounder Zay Jones, what will the offense look like? I've read where Dennison/McD like 2 TE's as well.

At this early stage, it seems we'll give away our intent just by the personnel groupings in the game at the time.. Mac, Sammy & Zay? 6DB's. 2TE's & a FB? 5 DB's and run stuffer MLB. 2 WR's, 1 TE & a FB & RB? Base D.

No?

I am thinking we will not keep all these fullbacks.....maybe like...one...but the main fullback is also a pretty good pass catcher.

My thoughts on Logan Thomas are well known.....I know that it does not mean a lot right now but I read that Logan Thomas was catching touchdowns from C. Jones......if Logan Thomas can make the transformation I think we are really well set at TE....

But getting Maclin would allow Zay to work the slot which is probably his best spot.....and if TT can form that bond with Zay I think we will see a lot more over the middle stuff

I am thinking we will not keep all these fullbacks.....maybe like...one...but the main fullback is also a pretty good pass catcher.

My thoughts on Logan Thomas are well known.....I know that it does not mean a lot right now but I read that Logan Thomas was catching touchdowns from C. Jones......if Logan Thomas can make the transformation I think we are really well set at TE....

But getting Maclin would allow Zay to work the slot which is probably his best spot.....and if TT can form that bond with Zay I think we will see a lot more over the middle stuff

....maybe it is a stretch, but I would think (and hope) that he has some pretty good hands as a collegiate QB.......the thought of him rumblin' down the seam with the rock like a runaway FREIGHTLINER is intriguing......

....maybe it is a stretch, but I would think (and hope) that he has some pretty good hands as a collegiate QB.......the thought of him rumblin' down the seam with the rock like a runaway FREIGHTLINER is intriguing......

His athletic measurables either met or surpassed the top TE in this year's draft......just saying. Probably not the blocker but as a receiving TE opens up all kinds of possibilities.

Denver used their TEs

Doubt it. I think JP will get to his first practice at Clemson, flash talent like when Dennis Quaid pitched for that HS team in that movie, get encouraged by the Clemson players, get a call from NE after Brady goes down with Spiral Vaginitis and you know the rest. UGH.

I think I read somewhere that we still have 3 or 4 comp picks from the Clemson/CJ Spiller ruling (the NFL ruled that we were the victim of a bait and switch back then and awarded us 3 comp picks which we kept in our rollover comp bank). Why not use them all and take JP back when he shows his maturity. Would love to see a Bills (JP Losman) vs Raiders (EJ Manuel) AFC title game.

Yeah, I was exaggerating it, but the new Brass sought out and signed both of them while letting Felton walk. Seems obvious to me they look to employ the FB consistently. Being a better than average pass catcher is definitely a plus!

His athletic measurables either met or surpassed the top TE in this year's draft......just saying. Probably not the blocker but as a receiving TE opens up all kinds of possibilities.

Denver used their TEs

Clay is a 3-down TE. Logan T could be the pass catching TE. Let's hope. Edited by YoloinOhio

Clay is a 3-down TE. Logan T could be the pass catching TE. Let's hope.

I would like to see Logan Thomas in the wildcat. He's a big guy that can run and the threat of the pass is always there to keep the db's honest

I wonder if we will ever see TT effectively throw up the middle. We almost never see TT climb up in the pocket, and until he starts to do that consistently, I think he'll continue to have issues up the middle. I hope Zay can have better success in that part of the field than Clay has.