Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Ha. Lol. Lmfao.

So tell me ... how does it make sense to you, for the Bills to overspend on a 29-year-old receiver, when the Bills' GM has done, said and not said everything that points to him not wanting TT as the QB.

Do you think the Bills are one WR away from being a contender?

Do you think that a team going into a season with a rookie HC and a rookie GM legitimately has a shot to win in the NFL?

Do you think the Bills have replaced everyone they cut with equally talented players? Or did they replace with the draft, AKA unproven players?

You tell me how Jeremy Maclin makes the offense better than last year. And also tell me how the defense is suddenly better ... but give me more than, "they got rid of the Ryans."

Well, how do you know they are overspending for him? There isn't any numbers released.

Are we one WR from being a contender? Not Super Bowl but playoffs...yes. We may not be one WR from being a Super Bowl contender but that doesn't mean you don't try to improve a position.

The Miami Dolphins just last year made the playoffs with a rookie HC and GM.....with their starting QB missing a lot of the season. Yes, it can happen.

We don't know if the Bills have successfully replaced they didn't retain. The season hasn't started and it's not like they cut anyone that was vital to us last year.

How does Maclin help the Bills? Well, Maclin has been a #1 WR for the last few years and he would come in and be our #2. That's a pretty good #2.

Well the players are more comfortable in a 4-3. Communication was a big issue the last two years. Our front 4 can attack like they did in 2014 when our defense is really good.

We only had Lawson for 6 or so games and didn't have camp. Ragland didn't have camp or the season.

Another big issue was we gave up too many big plays. Our new zone based, 2 deep defense is designed to prevent that. Let's hope that changes since our corners won't be exposed to an island all the time.

Our safety position was in shambles last year. Williams missed almost the entire season and Graham was ineffective. We've got more athleticism at that position.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget about Hunter.

The ones who played the most were open ALL SEASON LONG. They did their jobs.

Charles Clay led the team last year with 3 drops.

Open receivers just didn't get opportunities.

Now everyone wants a more expensive open receiver ... who won't get opportunities.

Come on man. You're trusting your eyes over common sense. In what universe are Walt Powell and Justin Hunter getting open all the time? We had an awful receiving corps last year which everyone but you seems to get.

Wow, if true McD and the boys have been busy. Instead of overpaying guys like Zach Brown, we were conservative, stuck to our guns and ended up finding Hodges. KC cutting Maclin is just another reason why being patient pays off. This would be a huge pick up. Sammy, Maclin, Zay, Holmes... and the rest. That is a much better WR group than we have had in a very long time.

WTF are you talking about? LOL. You're overanalyzing this. Why would you want a far superior player to a mediocre one hit wonder? Makes no sense! If you want an average player over an above average player, that's cool.

40 some catches last year is superior??

Both players have similar stats past 2 years. Again signing Maclin as a hedge against Watkins getting injured is fine and makes sense. However, it is a short term fix and gives us some leverage in case Watkins is not re-signed next year.

Barnidge

16 79 123 1,043 13.2 40 9 52 0 0 2016

16 55 81 612 11.1 43 2 34 0 0

Maclin

15 87 124 1,088 12.5 61 8 49 2 1 2016

12 44 76 536 12.2 44 2 29 0 0

Edited by billieve420

Both players have similar stats past 2 years. Again signing Maclin as a hedge against Watkins getting injured again is fine and makes sense. However, it is a short term fix and gives us some leverage in case Watkins is not re-signed next year.

Barnidge

CAREER STATSMORE Season Team Receiving Rushing Fumbles G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost 2016 Cleveland Browns 16 16 55 612 11.1 43 2 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 2015 Cleveland Browns 16 13 79 1,043 13.2 40 9 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Maclin

Maclin was hurt last year so he production was down

Do you think that a team going into a season with a rookie HC and a rookie GM legitimately has a shot to win in the NFL?

No I think they're good coaching away from being a contender for the playoffs. And assuming the coaching is good, another couple years away from contending for the Super Bowl.

There isn't an offense in the league that Maclin wouldn't make better. Even ignoring the whole Tyrod debate, better receivers are better for the passing game. I'm sure you've seen Tyrod's stats with Watkins and Woods both in the game. Not sure why some people need numbers, to me it is incredibly obvious that the passing offense looks better with quality receivers on the field.

According to Shady, TT texted him the news as he was landing in Rochester for his charity softball game and told Shady to "get on the phone with Mac". Im hoping this HuffPost report is true

I like that TT was able to take a leadership role for once.

"Maclin for Buffalo, Buffalo for Maclin"... Sounds desperate if you ask me. I hope they sign him, just curious as to how healthy his is. I hope he doesn't pull a Watkins and miss more than half the season.

Do McD or Beane want Maclin ?

That's the ultimate question.

Tedy Bruschi: "The motivation of Maclin comes into this too. Do you just wanna go somewhere with your friends? The Buffalo Bills, new head coach, not gonna win the division with the Patriots being there. Or do I get an offer somewhere where I can possibly win a championship?"

#OneACLTearAway

Edited by Wayne Arnold

He's had great receivers for the two years he's been starting. He's also had one of the best running backs in football.

Have to join in on the meme parade

22014frank.gif

Ha. Lol. Lmfao.

So tell me ... how does it make sense to you, for the Bills to overspend on a 29-year-old receiver, when the Bills' GM has done, said and not said everything that points to him not wanting TT as the QB.

Do you think the Bills have replaced everyone they cut with equally talented players? Or did they replace with the draft, AKA unproven players?

You tell me how Jeremy Maclin makes the offense better than last year. And also tell me how the defense is suddenly better ... but give me more than, "they got rid of the Ryans."

Playmakers make plays sir......I will leave it at that...:)

Tedy Bruschi: "The motivation of Maclin comes into this too. Do you just wanna go somewhere with your friends? The Buffalo Bills, new head coach, not gonna win the division with the Patriots being there. Or do I get an offer somewhere where I can possibly win a championship?"

#OneACLTearAway

He makes a good point. Not sure how many contenders are showing interest or are willing to sign him. If the Bills do sign him, I would have to think there were no decent offers from playoff bound teams.

Maclin>Barnidge

Reasons?

Maclin has vast experience in the West Coast under Reid.

Is only 29 and we don't have a bonafide #2 WR opposite Sammy.

Dude skipped his own honeymoon to attend Chiefs OTA's.

Barnidge would be nice BUT we already have Clay as our #1 TE and coach already said DeMarco will be a H-Back type FB, so expect him to be running routes with Clay in "21" looks.

Maclin would instantly make us much better. IMO, we jump the Dolphins and grab the last seed with this move. If he doesn't sign here then we are even with the Phins.

Edited by r00tabaga

Maclin>Barnidge

Reasons?

Maclin has vast experience in the West Coast under Reid.

Is only 29 and we don't have a bonafide #2 WR opposite Sammy.

Barnidge would be nice BUT we already have Clay as our #1 TE and coach already said DeMarco will be a H-Back type FB, so expect him to be running routes with Clay in "21" looks.

Maclin would instantly make us much better. IMO, we jump the Dolphins and grab the last seed with this move. If he doesn't sign here then we are even with the Phins.

You know I completely forgot about Dimarco and his ability to catch......

Yeah....TE is not as big a need

Both players have similar stats past 2 years. Again signing Maclin as a hedge against Watkins getting injured is fine and makes sense. However, it is a short term fix and gives us some leverage in case Watkins is not re-signed next year.

Barnidge

Maclin

but a number 2 wr plays alot more than a number 2 te will.

I cant believe some people dont want maclin as our number 2, almost like they want the bills to continue to be bad so they can keep complaining

Edited by Pbomb

In 2016 we had 8 different receivers start at least 1 game and 0 of them played in all 16 games. Over the past 2 years, the only WR to play in 16 games in a single season on the Bills was Chris Hogan.

Here's every WR over the past 2 years:

Robert Woods - 19 Starts, 27 Games Played

Sammy Watkins - 21 Starts, 21 Games Played

Marquise Goodwin - 9 Starts, 17 Games Played

Chris Hogan - 4 Starts, 16 Games Played

Brandon Tate - 1 Start, 15 Games Played

Marcus Easley - 0 Starts, 13 Games Played

Justin Hunter - 5 Starts, 12 Games Played

Walt Powell - 2 Starts, 9 Games Played

Percy Harvin - 6 Starts, 7 Games Played

Greg Salas - 1 Start, 4 Games Played

Great is a very poor word choice. But they also aren't close to as bad as some folks think they are. Clay was a top 10 TE. Sammy, when healthy, is an elite type wr. Woods is very solid. Hogan was a key member of the Pats and had more YAC last year than Watkins has had in 2 seasons.

I'm all for Maclin and seeing if Tyrod steps up. But there has been talent around him, especially 2 years ago. He is a flawed passer.

Barnidge

Maclin

Most things are short term fixes...can't look 4-5 years years in the future...

Barnidge

Maclin

Ask anyone here and anybody that follows football who's far superior in talent. Maclin or Barnidge. Come back at me with the responses. And include the ones that laugh at you and ones that ask if you're serious.

You're a joke

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83