Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor is better than Flacco at this stage.

Yeah, who wants a true number two WR that is good.

LOL, your Tyrod homerism is killing me JM.

Flacco's 2016 year was the one of his best yrs in his career.

Edited by Real McCoy

n 2015 and 2016 combined, Joe Flacco has completed 64.7% of his passes. Tyrod Taylor has completed 62.6% of his. That’s the only passing statistic in which Flacco > Tyrod since the latter became Buffalo’s starter.

Tyrod has a better:

• TD %
  • INT %
  • Yards Per Attempt
  • Yards Per Completion
  • Adjusted Yards Per Attempt
  • QB Rating
  • Pro Football Focus QB Rating
  • ESPN QBR
  • Football Outsiders DVOA

Flacco has thrown the football more often than Tyrod, which has led to higher passing-yard totals. And, yes, the current Ravens quarterback can flash a Super Bowl ring. But as it stands today, Tyrod is a more efficient signal-caller. And most wide receivers consider quarterback quality when deciding which team to join.

and they were 8-8 and the Bills were 7-9. Both teams have about the same record the last four years.

Hard to not take this as either a slap in the face or the Bills being trying to lowball a position of need.

A two year deal doesn't hurt us in whatever rebuild we are doing. Between Sammy's injury history and Jones being a rookie, I feel like Maclin would've helped this team out a lot. Considering the press McCoy and TT put on him, it'a hard to think he wasn't wanted here.

So again, our offer was crap, which is a crap job by McDermy or he was never considering us.

Hard to not take this as either a slap in the face or the Bills being trying to lowball a position of need.

A two year deal doesn't hurt us in whatever rebuild we are doing. Between Sammy's injury history and Jones being a rookie, I feel like Maclin would've helped this team out a lot. Considering the press McCoy and TT put on him, it'a hard to think he wasn't wanted here.

So again, our offer was crap, which is a crap job by McDermy or he was never considering us.

Leroi said during the visit that they were pretty far apart #'s-wise

As far as best years go it was pretty sad... Ravens had the #1 overall defense in the NFL last year and he couldn't even get them to the playoffs in a weak division. Bills offense from last year with Ravens defense from last year is a serious contender.

As far as best years go it was pretty sad... Ravens had the #1 overall defense in the NFL last year and he couldn't even get them to the playoffs in a weak division. Bills offense from last year with Ravens defense from last year is a serious contender.

He won't respond.

I think people are jumping to conclusion here a bit. Sal also reported that Maclin had not been in touch with the Bills and that they reached out proactively to him today to up their offer. This would suggest that the Bills were interested, but Maclin was not. The offer obviously did not blow him away enough to change his mind and raise Buffalo from third to first. I think he would have been a great addition at this point, but would not blame the Bills at all for not overpaying him. That is part of the problem we need to fix.

Baltimore was 7th in yards and 9th in points. Still decent but not #1 overall defense. Flacco's play didn't do them any favors.

I think people are jumping to conclusion here a bit. Sal also reported that Maclin had not been in touch with the Bills and that they reached out proactively to him today to up their offer. This would suggest that the Bills were interested, but Maclin was not. The offer obviously did not blow him away enough to change his mind and raise Buffalo from third to first. I think he would have been a great addition at this point, but would not blame the Bills at all for not overpaying him. That is part of the problem we need to fix.

Too. Much. Sense.