What are your plans for this weekend?

mead107

I've found that Guitar Center lets people do that and leaves them alone.

Funny enough, that's what I hate about Guitar Center. They're understaffed to begin with, and essentially ignore you unless you're coming in with bells and whistles on. God forbid something with breasts walks in at any point, you're totally SOL then.

I've gone in there for sticks in a pinch and actually had to look around for an opportunity to check out. Could have walked out with all kinds of gear if I were the sort.

The problem with the $1 oysters is the $14 glass of wine that accompanies.

Actually, our local oyster bar has $7 Prosecco on tap...goes well with the briny oysters

Still better than the $3.50 per oyster places usually charge. BTW no booze for me so I'm a cheap date

Funny enough, that's what I hate about Guitar Center. They're understaffed to begin with, and essentially ignore you unless you're coming in with bells and whistles on. God forbid something with breasts walks in at any point, you're totally SOL then.

I've gone in there for sticks in a pinch and actually had to look around for an opportunity to check out. Could have walked out with all kinds of gear if I were the sort.

A friend posted this picture of Julian Assange and asked how long he's been working at Guitar Center. :w00t:

Buttons-JulianAssange-1.jpg

new Holland t4.75

And a ford 3930

Over to 100 acres. And different species of stuffs. No row crop.

Family owned ? Hard to make a living on a small farm. You need to grow some medicinal weed. I couldn`t do it here,these rednecks would rob you blind.Anyway any farming is a hard ,time consuming life. Mother nature can bring you down also. Only half or less of my tree`s or bushes make it.I`ll be planting till I die. Good luck ,not many of you guys left. People have become lazy.

Scallop app and then Braised Short Ribs with mash tonight. Maybe a few fine micro brews and a couple whiskies. Tomorrow smoked pork ribs, bbq corn and maybe a repeat of tonight beverages. Not sure of Sunday yet.

In order...Taking our new puppy to the vet, yard work at Moms house, yard work at my house, a round of disc golf, burgers and dogs, fishing.

Whats up with the puppy?

Edited by Dante

Scallop app and then Braised Short Ribs with mash tonight. Maybe a few fine micro brews and a couple whiskies. Tomorrow smoked pork ribs, bbq corn and maybe a repeat of tonight beverages. Not sure of Sunday yet.

Whats up with the puppy?

Thanks for asking! Nothing wrong. Just getting shots, worming meds, having her fecal sample tested, general wellness checkup. She is eight weeks old. We have had her only for a week and I got a two week health guarantee from the breeder, so just want to make sure she is in good health. Edited by BUFFALOKIE

I'm off today through next Thursday. I spread 5 cubic yards of mulch today and will probably be doing the same tomorrow and or Sunday. Already feeling it and took a few Advil. Need to pressure wash the deck and shed at some point. Picnic Monday and hopefully some hiking and r&r Tuesday -Thursday.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

College buddy went home yesterday after a brief visit. Use the weekend to rest up! Would LOVE to do a cookout, enjoy the holiday thing. Just agreed to a major backyard makeover to start next week. Maybe have a "before" party?

Family owned ? Hard to make a living on a small farm. You need to grow some medicinal weed. I couldn`t do it here,these rednecks would rob you blind.Anyway any farming is a hard ,time consuming life. Mother nature can bring you down also. Only half or less of my tree`s or bushes make it.I`ll be planting till I die. Good luck ,not many of you guys left. People have become lazy.

it was my grandfathers, well, his fathers and his fathers fathers. we know how far back it went though cannot fully put it in to title. we are certified as a century farm for over 138 years but the land goes back 7 generations at the very least. at one point the land amassed something like 8000 acres if some really old maps could be interpreted right. it got broken up a lot through generations. one part of the family still has over 700 acres, would have had more had they not sold some to the county.

anyway, i'm a part owner along with my siblings and mother. my sister doesn't do anything to help except order me stuff on her amazon prime. my brother flies in at least once a year for a week to help me with hay season and hopefully spending that week able to help with hay. if its raining he can't do much because you can't do hay so we do other ****. my mom is somewhere between 65-68 and can only do so much with her second knee replacement only 4 months in. but she has a little UTV that's pretty badass she's learning to drive. so that helps. my dad is as useless as they come and without direct instruction cannot even unzip his pants. so he's good to run errands and open his checkbook. i do most of the work on top of a full time job. but none of it is work because i love evertthing i do. its never work if you enjoy what you do.

oh, and weed. the price to just get in to the weed agriculture business is absurd. it is beyond ridiculous and controlled so far beyond a level of monsanto style bureaucracy that it's insane.

Edited by Boyst62