Frazier believes Ragland can play outside.

Oh God.

I believe this kid will try hard but the entire NFL passed on him except for Rex. What are the odds Rex was right and everyone else was wrong?

The entire NFL passed on him?? He was a 2nd round pick. You act like he went undrafted. Do you think every single player who isn't a first round pick is unwanted by every single team except the one that drafted him? By your reasoning, for every good pick in rounds 2-7, there is one team who thought the player would be good, and everyone other team thought he would be a bust. For every bad pick, there were 31 teams who knew he would be a bust and 1 team that thought he would be good.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He might have gotten drafted in later rounds as some sort of flier a team was taking but he would not have been part of any team's plan like he was with Rex. Rex had an antiquated scheme that no longer worked in the NFL. Ragland describes himself as a throwback. I have nothing against the kid....I kind of like him....but antiquated scheme throwback LBs do not typically go high in the draft. Every team passed on him.

Reading between the lines, Frazier is basically saying he has no idea what to do with him. Shaq and Ragland are not really of any use and Washington's college coach rolled his eyes when he was selected.

Everyone complains about Sammy and EJ, but the Rex draft is the one that set us back.

Reading between the lines often just reinforces ones own biases.

I listened to the give and take between John Murphy and Frazier. Just because Frazier said "potentially" when JM asked him about Ragland at OLB, I don't assume he's giving us his true opinion.

Would you really expect him to answer "hell no, he's not athletic enough to play outside"? I don't think coaches make statements like that unless they're really put in a corner.

I listened to the give and take between John Murphy and Frazier. Just because Frazier said "potentially" when JM asked him about Ragland at OLB, I don't assume he's giving us his true opinion.

Would you really expect him to answer "hell no, he's not athletic enough to play outside"? I don't think coaches make statements like that unless they're really put in a corner.

exactly... he said he doesn't know yet until he sees him out there in pads but is it a possibility.... of course it is

Oh God.

I believe this kid will try hard but the entire NFL passed on him except for Rex. What are the odds Rex was right and everyone else was wrong?

I am curious on why you feel that the "entire NFL passed on him"

The bills moved up to get him in the 2nd because they believed he would not have made it through the 2nd round....and word is right up until the unthinkable happened he was killin it in camp.

Not everyone has to be a first round pick in order to be a really good NFL player....:)

We'll just have to wait and see.

Ragland certainly isn't a "perfect" fit at SLB, but he could be at least adequate there for the time being. The Bills really don't have any true fits for the position, so they'll have to make do with what they have until an upgrade is brought in.

later rounds as a flyer? He was almost universally projected as a 1st round pick across the board. Maybe some had 2nd rd. Up until draft day. Why do you think he would have suddenly dropped down to the later rounds as a flyer?

He does now.

Remember when we got rolled for 200 yards by Ajayi (twice), and Bell.. and just generally had one of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL? I do...

This guy can tackle, and this guy can hit. His pass rushing abilities aren't bad for someone who traditionally played MLB. He will be a useful player.

It's due to the bbmb refugees. Not that I agree with that sentiment but it will be said none the less.

Dont lump me together with people like that ever.

That guy is the exact definition of a troll.

Edited by BillsFan17

I'm interested to see what weight they have him at. The kid was tearing it up at camp before getting hurt last year. He's a football player and I believe he can make the transition if asked.

Bingo. He can play outside but sounds like he is playing the middle

And then what happened?

He was a great college player that does not fit in the NFL. It is what it is. I don't want to hate on the kid so I will stay out but it was a bad pick that no other team made. It was Rex being Rex.

He has yet to play a single NFL down lmao. You really can't claim he is a dud until you see him play.