Whaley goes out with class. Buffalo Media...not so much.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then don't read it, my God, who cares! Do you have a life? Go enjoy it!

Ironic considering you are on an internet message board yelling at a fellow poster.

The media is by definition meant for public consumption. This 'dont read it' statement does not hold water. Accolades and critiques are always justified (as long as made respectfully).

A person's opinion regarding Whaley is immaterial in this conversation. The thread title says it all.

Say what you want about the Buffalo media, but they did give Whaley a free pass on claiming responsibility for the draft day trade with the Chiefs. That was uncharacteristically nice of them.

that was only so they can turn around and blame him later when Mahomes wins the SB. Smart!

Yea still have no idea who made what decision this offseason.

Just how the Bills like it so if **** hits the fan they can blame it on the guy who's no longer here.

Whaley had nothing to do with the draft. I will never believe that he did. The Bills are publicly doing him a favor. We drafted multiple players that visited Carolina but not us. We drafted from schools that Whaley didnt typically draft from, and ignored schools that he typically liked (FSU, Clemson). We drafted a QB with a relatively weak arm. It was nothing like a Whaley draft, and we are better off for it.

that was only so they can turn around and blame him later when Mahomes wins the SB. Smart!

Yea still have no idea who made what decision this offseason.

Just how the Bills like it so if **** hits the fan they can blame it on the guy who's no longer here.

Haha, good point!

Whaley had nothing to do with the draft. I will never believe that he did. The Bills are publicly doing him a favor. We drafted multiple players that visited Carolina but not us. We drafted from schools that Whaley didnt typically draft from, and ignored schools that he typically liked (FSU, Clemson). We drafted a QB with a relatively weak arm. It was nothing like a Whaley draft, and we are better off for it.

Agreed, If Whaley was in charge of this draft he prob would have taken Mahomes. We will see how this turns out in the next 3-4 years.

Whaley's press conference was embarrassing. Yeah he took some heat, but he deserved it with his ridiculous answers. Whaley wasn't a good General manager and i am glad that he is finally gone.

It was embarrassing for the Buffalo News, I agree. They had an agenda. They don't have a good relationship with the owners, and all their old connections to the franchise are gone...so they beat up on Whaley. DM tried to get through that PC like most people in sports (except Rex Ryan perhaps) by talking in circles, and not revealing too much. If anyone should have taken heat for the press conference/press conferences (the Lynn PC was pretty bad too), it was ownership... not the guys who were sent out to the firing squad to take their bullets. These aren't elected officials, they are employees of a private company. Ownership, obviously, didn't want them revealing too much about what went down with the Ryan firing (it was their decision to hire and fire him, not Dough Whaley's)...honestly, if I had been Whaley in that PC I probably would have stood up and said "how old are you guys? You know I can't and won't tell you anything" If Whaley made a mistake with that PC, it was in staying at the microphone too long. We can quibble about how good or bad a GM he was, but I suspect that the Buffalo News complete ganging up on the guy after that PC kind of prompted ownership to fire him... after that, they wouldn't let him speak to the press, and hired PR people...they obviously were concerned about how that was perceived.

This is how rumors slowly turn into misremembering masquerading as fact.

I get your point, but I think it is logical to assume, had Whaley actually been in charge of this past draft, he would have taken a QB early.

It was embarrassing for the Buffalo News, I agree. They had an agenda. They don't have a good relationship with the owners, and all their old connections to the franchise are gone...so they beat up on Whaley. DM tried to get through that PC like most people in sports (except Rex Ryan perhaps) by talking in circles, and not revealing too much. If anyone should have taken heat for the press conference/press conferences (the Lynn PC was pretty bad too), it was ownership... not the guys who were sent out to the firing squad to take their bullets. These aren't elected officials, they are employees of a private company. Ownership, obviously, didn't want them revealing too much about what went down with the Ryan firing (it was their decision to hire and fire him, not Dough Whaley's)...honestly, if I had been Whaley in that PC I probably would have stood up and said "how old are you guys? You know I can't and won't tell you anything" If Whaley made a mistake with that PC, it was in staying at the microphone too long. We can quibble about how good or bad a GM he was, but I suspect that the Buffalo News complete ganging up on the guy after that PC kind of prompted ownership to fire him... after that, they wouldn't let him speak to the press, and hired PR people...they obviously were concerned about how that was perceived.

Interesting that One Voice didn't seem to last very long, McD and Beane are all over the place.

Most media members are losers who never played in a sport in their life. Think about their jobs: criticize people who are doing a job. Whaley received a CEO type job for a billion dollar business. I'd say he achieved slightly than a sports writer for the Buffalo News. So bitter.

This is how rumors slowly turn into misremembering masquerading as fact.

This is somewhat true as several media outlets say Whaley was fired for not drafting Mahomes in the 1st round as that is who Pegula wanted.

What ever I guess the past is now the past.

Most media members are losers who never played in a sport in their life. Think about their jobs: criticize people who are doing a job. Whaley received a CEO type job for a billion dollar business. I'd say he achieved slightly than a sports writer for the Buffalo News. So bitter.

Whaley was embarrassed, openly mocked nationally, castrated and then fired. Such a success story.

Edited by jmc12290

Whaley was embarrassed, openly mocked nationally, castrated and then fired. Such a success story.

He made millions. He was a general manager of a billion dollar company. A team that hadn't made the playoffs in 15 years won as many games as it lost under his lead, while having a horrendous head coach for 2 of those years. Your view of success is a bit off imo. yes, he was fired and ridiculed. That doesn't mean he isn't a success story.

Edited by NewEra

He made millions. He was a general manager of a billion dollar company. A team that hadn't made the playoffs in 15 years won as many games as it lost under his lead, while having a horrendous head coach for 2 of those years. Your view of success is a bit off imo. yes, he was fired and ridiculed. That doesn't mean he isn't a success story.

I'd pay millions to ensure my kids never hear that their father, role model, and caregiver is an incompetent buffoon and a joke all over the TV and radio.

Maybe millions are worth that to other men.

Guest NeckBeard

I'd pay millions to ensure my kids never hear that their father, role model, and caregiver is an incompetent buffoon and a joke all over the TV and radio.

Very interesting. Do you have millions to spend on this? Have you watched the news lately?

his kids will never hear that. He won't be living in buffalo and no one outside of the BN or this message board will ever utter those words. Your overreaction is laughable. If you'd pass up millions because of this, you're a much bigger buffoon than he is, and it's not even close. Your kids won't read it anywhere so it's ok Edited by NewEra