Favorite movie about High School?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porky's

It was stupidly funny and makes me laugh even today. I must admit to liking The Breakfast Club. I saw it when it came out and promptly forgot about it. My son discovered it 12-13 years later and watched it over and over.

Never got the Fast Times love, but then I am not a guy and don't really care about Phoebe Cates boobs.

The Shootist

45481.jpg

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

my bad, read in to the title wrong and posted my fav when in highschool...omg.gif

that said, American Graffiti.

220px-American_graffiti_ver1.jpg

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Love that movie. Never realized they had fraternities and sororities in high school back then. Imagine the outrage these days if a kid was paddled or girls were covered in mustard/ketchup?

Great movie.

Breakfast Club is my favorite for this genre.

Mark Vader will appear soon with a list I'm sure.

Sorry I don't have a list, because I'm not a fan of High School movies.

Never liked "The Breakfast Club" or "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". I think "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" is overrated.

If I were to pick a movie that I enjoyed that had Matthew Broderick in a High School setting it would be "Wargames".

These movies are just not my thing.

American Graffiti hands down. It captures the essence of what adolescence in rural/small town/suburban America in the 1960s was like.

This counts as a High School movie?

Yeah, American Graffiti is a " High School movie". It's about kids who are either in HS or just out of HS. It's also about decisions HS kids had to make -- and still have to make -- about their futures.

Sorry I don't have a list, because I'm not a fan of High School movies.

Never liked "The Breakfast Club" or "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". I think "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" is overrated.

If I were to pick a movie that I enjoyed that had Matthew Broderick in a High School setting it would be "Wargames".

These movies are just not my thing.

they were in high school so it could still be considered and imo is, a high school movie.

HS to me was:

vision quest

rudy

the program

but also the genre people think are more HS to them:

can't hardly wait

american pie

they predate me being not a child of the 80's mostly but hot tub time machine and take me home tonight are high school-ish

Carrie.

was waiting for that one.

or heathers.

Dazed and Confused

Fast Times At Ridgemont High

Can't Buy Me Love(such an underrated movie)

Good call on Can't Buy Me Love.

Heathers was great.

Fast Times is the gold standard. Breakfast Club the high point for the brat pack. Both classics.