That GM search was embarassing

Which is why change is neccesary.

So your theory is that the Bills suck because people hate being Bills fans? We are one of the most loyal fan bases in the NFL, no big surprise that there are vocal, negative fans on a team message board. You were right the first time... People from Boston are bad.

Can we just hope for the best instead of putting a negative spin on everything.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work for a large engineering company and it works like this 75% of the time. If a new Plant Manager or GM is hired at a plant...they bring people with them they know and trust. They are comfortable working with them....

Dude we're not building freaking toasters here.

Dude we're not building freaking toasters here.

But they are building a team. THAT is very important.

Will it work? Be ideal? We will know more in a few years. Let's hope we are rolling, and not starting over.

And once again we realize the Bills would a much better team if only the owner let message board fans run the front office.

Dammit, Pegs! These people can complete full sentences! And even log in properly! Why aren't you putting them in charge of your GM search?!?!? :lol:

Sweet fancy Moses, you people are nuts.

No they can't

Interviewing only 3 people? And ending up going with the guy who the head coach pretty much told the Owner to hire.

What kind of team structure is Pegula running here? is this a joke? What NFL team lets a rookie HC run the entire team?

Pegula is either going to strike gold here or plummet harder than when he hired Rex. If this doesn't work out he will go from beloved savior owner to on par with Dan Snyder as a complete fraud.

Once again the Bills prove they don't know how to conduct a proper search for a GM. Good luck the Brandon Beane b/c he sure as hell will need it.

You are crayonz back when crayonz was crayonz. You. Are. AWESOME.

Ahh, the old "but we're in the Pats Division!" whine. Somehow since the start of the Pats dynasty (2001 season), the Jets have made the playoffs in:

They were, in fact, all wild card appearances, but remember: they got a wild card even though they played the Pats twice every year!

And the Dolphins?

I stand by my comment that, for once, the statement that "any idiot could have done better" is literally true here.

We do have a full inventory from which to chose.

I'm in the minority but side with the OP, regardless of 3 vs 4 interviews or this thread dedicated to bashing those that bash.

This felt underwhelming and predictable, and whether or not that's a bad thing is to be determined. Youth, energy, versatility, and attention to detail are all positives in our new HC and GM and it's refreshing compared to what we've recently seen, especially with two guys pulling the rope in the same direction.

With that exact reason, I'm sure many more candidates weren't swayed to interview with us due to an arranged marriage with our HC. I recall the colts having at least twice as many as us with all the 'big' names that pop up on the mundane articles, but a similar dilemma. I just couldn't help but wonder why.

Maybe it's just me preferring a larger quantity to show larger initiative. Beane's second interview reported before Gutekunst's first was just odd timing and rather quickly after the Rooney rule.

I'm in the minority but side with the OP, regardless of 3 vs 4 interviews or this thread dedicated to bashing those that bash.

This felt underwhelming and predictable, and whether or not that's a bad thing is to be determined. Youth, energy, versatility, and attention to detail are all positives in our new HC and GM and it's refreshing compared to what we've recently seen, especially with two guys pulling the rope in the same direction.

With that exact reason, I'm sure many more candidates weren't swayed to interview with us due to an arranged marriage with our HC. I recall the colts having at least twice as many as us with all the 'big' names that pop up on the mundane articles, but a similar dilemma. I just couldn't help but wonder why.

Maybe it's just me preferring a larger quantity to show larger initiative. Beane's second interview reported before Gutekunst's first was just odd timing and rather quickly after the Rooney rule.

I don't feel there's a specific number of people who must be interviewed for a search to be "legit", but I didn't feel that this search met the sniff test. I felt they were set on hiring Beane and just wanted to pick a few brains or see if there was someone who really lit them up as being a better choice.

Are there any experts in here on hiring an NFL GM? IF so, who should they have hired and why?

Pegula said there would be a thorough search, that obviously wasn't done. I think that's the basis for the criticism. How many of us could have predicted this choice? Pretty much everyone.