That GM search was embarassing

I will give Beane the same benefits given to Whaley from much of this fan base-- especially since he is clearly the cause of our constant pattern of failure. Sheesh, what a joke this guy is!!! HANG HIM!!!

Don't we have to wait until after the press conference? Oh well, never hurts to get ahead to the crowd.

I think that was just directed at the haters. Hard to be sure.....

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interviewing only 3 people? And ending up going with the guy who the head coach pretty much told the Owner to hire.

What kind of team structure is Pegula running here? is this a joke? What NFL team lets a rookie HC run the entire team?

Pegula is either going to strike gold here or plummet harder than when he hired Rex. If this doesn't work out he will go from beloved savior owner to on par with Dan Snyder as a complete fraud.

Once again the Bills prove they don't know how to conduct a proper search for a GM. Good luck the Brandon Beane b/c he sure as hell will need it.

4 people. Shut up.Quit bitchin. My God!!

how many did you want them to interview? 10 , 20 , 50?

A person that has billions of dollars did not get to that point by hiring azzholes. You hire them they don't work out you fire them. What the heck are you looking for? Who would you have hired seeing you know so much?

Well, he did hire Rex.

Well, he did hire Rex.

Dumb response.

There is no structure.

And what do you have to offer about organizations and there dynamics? It can't be much because anyone who works in an one knows there is a structure!

Don't we have to wait until after the press conference? Oh well, never hurts to get ahead to the crowd.

I think that was just directed at the haters. Hard to be sure.....

This is a perfect example of the Cryin' Game thread.

Edited by horned dogs

So you want to intentionally hate on the guy because you don't think Whaley was given a fair chance? Odd.

Very odd. Whaley was a proven chump and failure, while Beane might end up doing a great job. Time to embrace the positive change & give the new regime a chance. :thumbsup:

Say what you will, but we've come a long way from hiring a guy from down the hall because our owner & President don't recognize any of the other names. Love their new Costanzaian approach of doing everything the opposite of how they did it before.

Teams wouldn't stumble into the playoffs with the Patriots in their division. You'd see the same thing happening in those other divisions. We've been awfully unlucky and IMO unfairly criticized. You're numbers are wrong because they should be calculated based on only the opportunity to win a wild card birth.

Ahh, the old "but we're in the Pats Division!" whine. Somehow since the start of the Pats dynasty (2001 season), the Jets have made the playoffs in:

They were, in fact, all wild card appearances, but remember: they got a wild card even though they played the Pats twice every year!

And the Dolphins?

I stand by my comment that, for once, the statement that "any idiot could have done better" is literally true here.

Its not like there are a lot of people that are qualified for the job to begin with. If you expected some big name hire you were always going to be dissapointed. They could have lined up 50 people from across all the teams and you would probably know 2 names if any. I mean seriously... how many people here know anything about any non already GM front office position on teams around the league? Or maybe I am one of the few that doesn't really pay attention to other teams front office personal.

Its not like there are a lot of people that are qualified for the job to begin with. If you expected some big name hire you were always going to be dissapointed. They could have lined up 50 people from across all the teams and you would probably know 2 names if any. I mean seriously... how many people here know anything about any non already GM front office position on teams around the league? Or maybe I am one of the few that doesn't really pay attention to other teams front office personal.

Correct. I'd bet 99% of Bills fans had never heard of this Beane guy 2 weeks ago. He seems like a perfectly ordinary typical hire. Many of those guys turn out very good. Most don't. Nobody knows. Me? I would've preferred a completely outside the box hire like, umm, Billy Beane? (As in the Browns and DePodesta).

Interviewing only 3 people? And ending up going with the guy who the head coach pretty much told the Owner to hire.

What kind of team structure is Pegula running here? is this a joke? What NFL team lets a rookie HC run the entire team?

Pegula is either going to strike gold here or plummet harder than when he hired Rex. If this doesn't work out he will go from beloved savior owner to on par with Dan Snyder as a complete fraud.

Once again the Bills prove they don't know how to conduct a proper search for a GM. Good luck the Brandon Beane b/c he sure as hell will need it.

Not a chance in this world that happens. He kept both teams in Buffalo. He will be the beloved savior to many forever. It doesn't matter what the teams do.

Just because they only interviewed 4 doesn't mean they didn't do a bunch a research and pre-work on other potential candidates.....when I hire new managers for my company I keep the interview list to less than 5, but my HR VP and myself do a lot of research and investigation on candidates.

As for Pegula moving into Snyder territory: we should be so lucky! Snyder bought the team in 1999 and they've gone to the playoffs in:

- 1999 (ring a bell, anyone?)

All the while, Snyder appeared to be literally trying to do everything wrong. Big bucks old celebrity coaches (twice!). Trading away the future for a QB, and having it work for all of one season (RG3, playoffs); drafting a second QB in the same draft and having it work again (Cousins). You name it, he did it wrong. And still they've been better than us, and project to be better than us this year. Again.

the offseason has become the most exciting part of the buffalo bills

season, the actual season is usually over by week 7.

Which is why change is neccesary.

Wow, I thought boston people were bad. F#%* people hate being bills fans. No wonder the team suck

So your theory is that the Bills suck because people hate being Bills fans? We are one of the most loyal fan bases in the NFL, no big surprise that there are vocal, negative fans on a team message board. You were right the first time... People from Boston are bad.