RB Ben Tate would be a good replacement for Gillislee.

He has shown to be the best player so far in last month's 3 week Spring League. He has very comparable attributes to Gillislee and guess who he played for the whole time that he was a Texan? That's right, none other than Rick Dennison. He's worth a look at and wouldn't surprise me if the Bills sign him for camp.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19304002/is-spring-league-nfl-springboard-least-shot

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Jonathan Williams job to lose. He was a very good RB at a top college program drafted to do exactly what we're going to ask him to do this year-- run hard 5-8 times per game, pass protect, don't fumble.

He's no TD Mike but he's got less than 30 NFL touches and still has a chance to be productive as our #2.

Tate does look good though.

People seem to forget, if Karlos never pulled his nonsense, we would have never heard of TD Mike. The guy was on the street when we scooped him.

I feel like some act as if TD Mike was a high dragt pick we won't ever be able to replace.

We already have our MG replacement...JW is our guy. Not sure why people are struggling with accepting that...we are not in need of another RB right now. If JW doesn't show much, they will add another RB in preseason likely, its the easiest plug and play position in the NFL.

He has shown to be the best player so far in last month's 3 week Spring League. He has very comparable attributes to Gillislee and guess who he played for the whole time that he was a Texan? That's right, none other than Rick Dennison. He's worth a look at and wouldn't surprise me if the Bills sign him for camp.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19304002/is-spring-league-nfl-springboard-least-shot

Were the games televised or did you just read about it?

We already have our MG replacement...JW is our guy. Not sure why people are struggling with accepting that...we are not in need of another RB right now. If JW doesn't show much, they will add another RB in preseason likely, its the easiest plug and play position in the NFL.

Because he was not particularly impressive in limited snaps last year. Compared to MG who at the end of 2015 had already impressed in spot duty behind McCoy and Karlos. I hope we might have something in JW but I don't expect it at this stage.

I haven't seen anything from JW since he got to Buffalo...He might have been still recovering from injury, I don't know, but I haven't seen anything that says he can produce like MG did in a back-up role...I do hope this RB from UB they picked up in UDFA sticks with the team tho...I've only seen his highlight video, but it looked pretty good

What's Bloundt doing? He'd be a decent #2 RB.

Seems the Pats got their 2 years worth on their player lease.

RBs L. Blount and De. Williams are available and J. Stewart is also expected to be available at some point.

McD may just go for one of the former Carolina RBs (De. Williams, J. Stewart).

Ben Tate is washed up.

missed by that much.

Because he was not particularly impressive in limited snaps last year. Compared to MG who at the end of 2015 had already impressed in spot duty behind McCoy and Karlos. I hope we might have something in JW but I don't expect it at this stage.

I was really excited to see JW play last year. I was a fan in college. However, in the limited touches he got, he did not look good. IDK, if you can make a large enough hole or get him outside, he's got the wheels to make something happen, but it just looks like he lacks vision and doesn't hit the hole with any conviction.

At this point my hopes for JW have been grounded.I hope he proves me wrong.