Most Exciting Last Minute of a Bills game ever?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how much action took place in the last minute, but the craziest game I was ever at...

Bills vs. Raiders MNF 1974 Opener. Several 4th quarter lead changes, and the game ended with George Blanda missing a long FG attempt.

[edited]Game detail I just found...

Friday, September 20, 2002[/size]Sept. 16, 1974 -- Oakland at Buffalo[/size]ABC Sports Online[/size]Ahmad Rashad's second touchdown in the final two minutes lifted the Bills past John Madden's Raiders. Rashad's first score came with 1:56 to go. Buffalo seemed to have the game clinched, but Jim Braxton fumbled the ball and Art Thoms ran in for a touchdown to give Oakland a 20-14 lead with 1:15 to go. Rashad then took a Joe Ferguson pass 33 yards to give the Bills the lead. Oakland had one final chance to win it, but George Blanda missed a 50-yard field goal on the final play.[/size]

This was the first game that came to mind. I still remember the post game on the radio trying to get out of the parking lot. I remember the kid from my neighborhood who took our extra seat. I even remember seeing you there!

Monday Night Football October 16th 1989

Frank Reich subbing for Jimbo leads them back against the Rams with 1:45 left

The Rams were 5-0 going into the game.the Bills 3-2

Final score Bills 23 Rams 20

Bills finished 9-7 Rammies 11-5 and they lost to the mighty 49ers in the conference final

I was there with a Rams fan and won a $100.00 bet Whooo Hooo

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198910160buf.htm

I think for me it's when Kelly called his own number in Miami. I don't go back as far as some of you but that was a great ending. I also liked the Flutie naked bootleg against Jacksonville.

I was there!

I think for me it's when Kelly called his own number in Miami. I don't go back as far as some of you but that was a great ending. I also liked the Flutie naked bootleg against Jacksonville.

Many exciting finishes but the Kelly keeper is right up there at the top. Nate Odoms had to make a crazy interception off Dan Marino to give the Bills a chance. What was Marino/Shula thinking throwing it?

There's also the crazy finish against the LA Rams on Monday Night Football around the same time. Frank Reich was filling in for Kelly and threw a TD pass in the final seconds to beat the previously undefeated Rams.

That is what I was going to say as well. Kelly beating the Dolphins in Miami on the last play of the game.

I was going to mention Preston Ridlehuber's halfback option to beat the Pats, but I looked it up, there were still 5 minutes left.

Good football trivia right there.

Ridlehuber's only other claim to fame was picking up a fumble on a kickoff and returning it for a TD - with less than a minute left - in the Heidi Bowl.

Pretty crazy game. Most people left or were seen leaving before the last minute.

https://youtu.be/eX1SIzwx2CI

This is great. I always think about this game when I think of unbelievable finishes. I was in HS and went to this game with my brother. After the int the mass exodus of people was unlike anything I had ever seen before. I turned to my brother and said "We're not leaving - this is going to be an Alcoa fantastic finish!" (those of age will get the reference). We were in the EZ behind the play - the image of Hooks' first diving catch down the middle is ingrained in my brain to this day - just the angle we had, the long flight of the ball and the play he made - it is probably the greatest single play I can ever remember seeing live.

Edited by stevewin

The week we beat the Patriots (for the first time in a decade?) after being down 18 , having just overcome an 18 pt deficit to the Raiders a week prior. Where Fred Jackson being called down at the like 2 was actually better than him having made his run all the way through for a score. The review marked him down and allowed us to run 3 to 4 plays and eat up the clock rather than give Brady 90 seconds to break our hearts. Nothing, NOTHING, was more satisfying than watching Belichek sit on the sidelines helpless, telling his players to basically let us score so Brady could get the ball back with more time.

That was my favorite as well

Not sure how much action took place in the last minute, but the craziest game I was ever at...

Bills vs. Raiders MNF 1974 Opener. Several 4th quarter lead changes, and the game ended with George Blanda missing a long FG attempt.

Friday, September 20, 2002

Sept. 16, 1974 -- Oakland at Buffalo

ABC Sports Online

Ahmad Rashad's second touchdown in the final two minutes lifted the Bills past John Madden's Raiders. Rashad's first score came with 1:56 to go. Buffalo seemed to have the game clinched, but Jim Braxton fumbled the ball and Art Thoms ran in for a touchdown to give Oakland a 20-14 lead with 1:15 to go. Rashad then took a Joe Ferguson pass 33 yards to give the Bills the lead. Oakland had one final chance to win it, but George Blanda missed a 50-yard field goal on the final play.

:thumbsup: that was mine..

Friday, September 20, 2002[/size]Sept. 16, 1974 -- Oakland at Buffalo[/size]ABC Sports Online[/size]Ahmad Rashad's second touchdown in the final two minutes lifted the Bills past John Madden's Raiders. Rashad's first score came with 1:56 to go. Buffalo seemed to have the game clinched, but Jim Braxton fumbled the ball and Art Thoms ran in for a touchdown to give Oakland a 20-14 lead with 1:15 to go. Rashad then took a Joe Ferguson pass 33 yards to give the Bills the lead. Oakland had one final chance to win it, but George Blanda missed a 50-yard field goal on the final play.[/size]

I was at that game. The field goal attempt was from 47 yards with 47 seconds on the clock and since it was after midnight it was September 17, which made it Blanda's 47th birthday.

That is definitely up there!

Monday Night Football October 16th 1989

Frank Reich subbing for Jimbo leads them back against the Rams with 1:45 left

The Rams were 5-0 going into the game.the Bills 3-2

Final score Bills 23 Rams 20

Bills finished 9-7 Rammies 11-5 and they lost to the mighty 49ers in the conference final

I was there with a Rams fan and won a $100.00 bet Whooo Hooo

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198910160buf.htm

i hope, someday, we will be able to read a box score like that again. it was beautiful.

smith, reed, thomas all with big nights. i don't think it will be lawson, watkins, mccoy, but it would be nice to half a team like our early nineties teams

First one that came to my mind

I have to go with two because I was there:

Carolina at Bills with the last minute EJ to SJ TD in the corner. I thought after that game that we finally had our QB, boy I was wrong.

And then Vikings at Bills with Orton to Sammy with the last second TD grab. I remember after the sack with about to 40 seconds to go and being 4th and long that we were done and then Chandler comes up with the convertion, then Hogan with a nice contested grab and finally Sammy with a beautiful grab right in front of where we where sitting.