Broncos rescind season tickets

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are old. Even my 94 year old grandpa has a smart phone

I have a smart phone and have used it in lieu of paper or card tickets. I just prefer paper. I think shorty Iris recognition systems will be used at the gate to weed out scalper tickets and undesirables, aka patriot supporters!

I have a smart phone and have used it in lieu of paper or card tickets. I just prefer paper. I think shorty Iris recognition systems will be used at the gate to weed out scalper tickets and undesirables, aka patriot supporters!

Now we are talking!

You have very gullible friends. It's not as if they wouldn't know how the season would evolve to and what the weather is likely to be. I'm running a pyramid scheme that is very profitable for me. Could you give me the addresses of your friends so I can make a sales pitch?

I would bet most of those people chosing the late games are doing so because of the opponent, or the fact that they happen to be or have friends/relatives in town at that time to attend the game. There might be the odd one who isn't too bright and actually thinks that they might be at the division clinching game late in the season........ (although they could just be gambling addicts who are just taking the bet that they will be there to see the moment the Bills clinch a playoff spot)

The only way one should lose them is for not renewing or conduct unbecoming stadium policy (to the extent they have to cancel your account)

Leafs tickets, apparently are about 2/3 corporate owned in the lower tier, and several thousand are in families for generations.

Co-workers would bring in shoeboxes of seasons for "brokerages" to take over on Leafs tickets, for 20-30% markup each season.

Didn't bother me.

I have no problem with scalping/resale but get wanting to curb it. I do think you should earn ticket holders though beforehand.

That said, screw that guy giving a sob story for last year when he hasn't used the tickets in forever. Just own what you've been doing.

Agree, have no problem with them cracking down on reselling, but, a warning was in order.

Hah this sounds messy, like a PR nightmare. If Buffalo did this, they would be railed for their "disfunction"... so maybe we should keep this in mind, that every franchise does things that the fans might not like.

If Buffalo had a 75,000 person wait list for ST I doubt they'd still be considered dysfunctional.

Success gives you options. Just like how the Pats yank STs from people who misbehave at games. Think they'd be doing that if they were still putting up 2-14 seasons on a regular basis?

Edited by KD in CA

Don't kid yourself. Most teams love resellers. It guarantees sellouts and keeps ticket demand up. It's only when the team gets into that rarified level the Broncos and Pats enjoy, they can pull this BS.

Here's my story. I've been an out of town- California- season ticket holder for 10 years. I go to 2-3 home games at the Ralph each year. I sell the rest or end up giving them away to buddies at the end of the year. I've always tried to sell to Bills fans or donate to troops, except when it doesn't make financial sense to do so- Pats, Cowboys, Steelers etc. I have no ties to Buffalo, but I decided to get seasons to do my little part to help keep the team in Buffalo- everyone here knows that there were some years we thought this might be nearing an end in OP. In my 10 dark, dark drought years, I've probably eaten thousands in tickets that I am fine with not recouping as long as the Bills stay in Buffalo and keep trying to improve under Pegual. If they pulled this crap with my tickets after everything I have done to financially support the team, I am not sure that my abusive love affair with the Bills would ever be the same.

If the Bills had such a policy they'd likely have booted me (before I voluntarily gave them up this year). As an out of state fan I only used a couple of tickets myself each year and sold the rest.

I really don't have a problem with this at all, and I love how they caught the one guy in a huge lie about just selling his 2016 tickets.

I once left my contact info on the Bills' site when I was thinking about buying seasons & got a call from a guy who accused me of not being a fan because of where I lived. When I suggested that he ask me some trivia to test my fandom, I got a dial tone. I'm pretty sure it was Russ Brandon.

Don't kid yourself. Most teams love resellers. It guarantees sellouts and keeps ticket demand up. It's only when the team gets into that rarified level the Broncos and Pats enjoy, they can pull this BS.

Is it that rarified? Something like a third of the league reports substantial waitlists (though as self reports who knows how accurate)

Edited by NoSaint

This might be the silliest thing I've ever heard.

If it's not fun, you're doing it wrong.

I disagree with that as well, but I don't think it's too far off. Sports like hockey and baseball are the ultimate spectator sports. They are several times better to see in person compared to watching on tv. Football isn't much better or maybe worse to see in person. I don't know where I stand on basketball as I've only been to one live basketball game.

I've always found a major portion of the football experience to be reliant on tailgating. I look forward to tailgating almost as much as the game. If I were someone who didn't drink I'm not sure how much I would enjoy the game. The actual game is almost like a really incredible backdrop to your party. Keep in mind that I am someone who usually takes my football watching quite seriously. When I attend a game it just doesn't work that way. I enjoy going to games because of the entire experience. The actual on field play is the part that is equally as good or better on tv. I enjoy going to games, but can easily see why someone could view it differently.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

An NFL game isn't that fun of an experience anyways and it won't be long before the Broncos get sued.

It's all fun until someone goes sliding on a 300 level railing and falls into the 200 level