Would you, right now, trade TT for Deshaun Watson?

267 members have voted

1. 1. Would you?

I would say yes. Trade an average QB for a rookie 4 year contract and the potential to be great. Sign a journeyman. Be prepared to miss the playoffs for at least 1 more year... maybe 2.

Yes and hear more whining and more bashing of Bills for being out of playoffs - no thank you. While I am not confident we will get into playoffs this year I am confident with any rookie we will not be able to make it this year even if Dallass made it last year.

Ask yourself why all the innumerable teams that needed a qb this offseason showed no interest in TT? He could have made himself available. If he would have refused to restructure his contract he would have been a free agent and available to sell his services. Why didn't he go that route? There was a good reason why he took the course that he did in taking the pay cut. There was little to no interest in him as a starter or as a bridge qb.

It was speculated that the Jets would have an interest in him. They didn't. It was speculated that Houston would have an interest in him. They didn't. It was speculated that Denver had an interest in him. They didn't. The market has set a value on him and it was far from being high. That is a reflection of the league-wide assessment of how good he is.

He took $15M that's why. Teams "not being interested" isn't exactly true. You have to take the price tag into consideration. The Texans would be better off with Tyrod but with the Osweiler money they couldn't get him. The Jets are in full blown rebuild (and trying to tank). That's exactly why I used those 2 teams. Their situations are completely different. Tyrod is better for the Texans and what they are trying to achieve. Watson is better for what the Jets are trying to accomplish.

I don't know that the two of you are distant on your takes. I think if pressed you and Kirby are maybe a win apart on your guesses and he's just saying if we stay healthy and get some dumb luck bounces in the right situations maybe that 7-8 wins becomes 9-10 wins. I don't think he expects it but the reality is that once discussing 7-8 wins, it's not impossible to get lucky and sneak in. That said I'd probably guess 6 wins is more likely than 10

That is pretty much my exact point NoSaint.

Except in fairness to Jeff there are rumours that the man who was still at least in name GM did have a Quarterback in his sights at 10.

The impotent Whaley wasn't the only GM who was interested in Mahomes or any other qb in this draft class. The Giants and the Saints tried to move up to get Mahomes but didn't have the currency that KC had to get the deal done. The core of the dispute on this issue is that some people are trying to portray this qb class as being bereft of talent compared to next year's class, and that is a position that I challenge. Whether there is more talent in the next class isn't the most important consideration. Regardless if there are fewer high end prospects in this this class the central issue is whether when you are drafting there is a good qb prospect to select. In this year I say yes. The Bills passed as they are usually inclined to do.

I'm not a Watson fan and I don't think he will succeed in the NFL, but I certainly admit that he's got a chance to be a franchise QB. Tyrod doesn't. He is what he is - a serviceable QB that will never be special. I'll take the lottery ticket. If your question was which I'd bet on to get me more wins this season, then I'd take Tyrod.

Totally agree .... I view this post as who has more potential .. we know Tyrod's ... ranking in the mid 20's of NFL QBs .. see link and feel free to click year before ...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/passing.htm

In the past 2 years ... only (2) 4th quarter comebacks and obviously given our record we've had plenty of opportunities there ... If nothing else Watson wins ... I'll take that pedigree in a leader ... I want someone to command the huddle and take charge/inspire the team when the heat is on .. I just haven't seen that from TT the past two years.

In Seattle he is very respected as well. My dog groomer just could NOT understand how the Bills would even consider dumping him. He thinks the Bills and a team to watch on the way up.

When walking dog yesterday my neighbor asked me about the draft. Then he told me really likes Hotrod and thinks the Bills are on the way up.

I also think it's crazy the way TBDers trash him on a regular basis.

I just think we've been losing for so long that some fans don't even know what trying to win means or why a team would want to do it.

Go BILLS !!

GO Hotrod !!

Ya I work at a bar on weekends so I've had some really in depth conversations with mostly Jet Giant and Cowboys fans are big up here.

I'd say at least 80% view him as a top 15 starter and not only would Jet fans love him as their QB but most Giant fans would​ swap him for Eli all day. Usually referencing the Wr talent difference and the difference in turning the ball over.

The best part is , he's only going into year 3 as a starter, he has so much room for growth !

Except in fairness to Jeff there are rumours that the man who was still at least in name GM did have a Quarterback in his sights at 10.

I don't disagree with that and I'm not even sold that Watson and Mahomes won't be good qbs in the league. A neutered Whaley may have liked a guy but whoever (likely McDermott) made the final decision that he didnt.

I just don't think it is fair to say the Bills ignored the qb position simply because they didn't take a top guy. They did evaluate all of them and chose to set themselves up to get one next year. They also grabbed a developmental guy for the 2nd straight year.

The only reason I mentioned Jeff is due to his constant concern that having McDermott running the show would lead to only short term decision making. This situations an example of long term strategy.

Ya I work at a bar on weekends so I've had some really in depth conversations with mostly Jet Giant and Cowboys fans are big up here.

I'd say at least 80% view him as a top 15 starter and not only would Jet fans love him as their QB but most Giant fans would​ swap him for Eli all day. Usually referencing the Wr talent difference and the difference in turning the ball over.

The best part is , he's only going into year 3 as a starter, he has so much room for growth !

I'm with ya totally JB. But always been and probably always will be that he grass is greener on the other side if the fence.

Anyone who would swap Eli for Tyrod is nuts. Edited by GunnerBill

How long do you let him "try" before you pull the plug? He threw 17 last year. That's a lot.

Since it's nearing the end of May the 4th be with you day, I'll quote one if the characters. Don't try, do.

We don't need a QB that tries. Heck, nobody tries harder than EJ and Fitz. I want a QB that can do and I think we have one.

Can do what? Pat pat pat pull it down run?

As you look at what the Bills have done, its all based on hope.

Hope that Mahomes isn't good. Hope that Watson isn't good. Hope that you can trade up to the top of the Draft to get one of the Big 3.

Look who traded up - Playoff teams - Texans and Chiefs. And look who traded from #10 and #12 - the Browns and Bills, the two longest Playoff drought teams in the NFL.

Why not just take Watson or Mahomes and get on with this thing?

I think Tyrod deserves another year and I am far more excited by next years crop of Qb's, especially Darnold.

Who, if he has a year like last year, will go #1 overall.

As you look at what the Bills have done, its all based on hope.

Hope that Mahomes isn't good. Hope that Watson isn't good. Hope that you can trade up to the top of the Draft to get one of the Big 3.

Look who traded up - Playoff teams - Texans and Chiefs. And look who traded from #10 and #12 - the Browns and Bills, the two longest Playoff drought teams in the NFL.

Don't you think the Cheaps hope Mahomes is good, and Texans hope Watson is good?

Why would we hope Mahomes is not good? Why does that matter to us at this point?

Depends what you wish for. You want a few more yards/game with another 8, 10, 12 INT per year? TT protects the ball as good as any QB in the league.

Any other defense beside the Ryan's that is a recipe for 10+ wins.

Be careful what you wish for.

Yeah, except that the Bills were 30th in passing yards/game this year and 1st in rushing yards/game: the formula of having a QB who can't throw the ball doesn't work that well anymore.

TT also lead the league in SACKS.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2016&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

I would say yes because we know what Tyrod will give us (anywhere between 7-9 wins). We don't know what Deshaun will give us. He has a very comparable skill set to Tyrod but is unproven on the NFL level (could be a good or bad thing). Plus we'd unload Tyrods contract, reset at QB, be in a good position to draft a QB next year if Deshaun doesn't get better during the season, all while NOT spending a first round draft pick on him

Totally agree .... I view this post as who has more potential .. we know Tyrod's ... ranking in the mid 20's of NFL QBs .. see link and feel free to click year before ...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/passing.htm

In the past 2 years ... only (2) 4th quarter comebacks and obviously given our record we've had plenty of opportunities there ... If nothing else Watson wins ... I'll take that pedigree in a leader ... I want someone to command the huddle and take charge/inspire the team when the heat is on .. I just haven't seen that from TT the past two years.

lol....

Guys like you are too funny.

You try your hardest to find a stat that makes Tyrod look really bad. And you can't. So you pick something like ranking quarterbacks by number of passing attempts. (as if that means anything)

On your chart, Tyrod Taylor is ranked higher than Tom fricken Brady dude. Your take is a complete joke. Mid 20's. :lol::lol::lol:

If Whaley really liked the available QBs I am even happier we didn't draft one.

Anyone who would swap Eli for Tyrod is nuts.

Haven't watched the Giants much the past couple years? Eli has been pretty bad. They were 27th in PPG and 23rd in YPG. Their defense propelled them to the playoffs, offense held them back.