GM Doug Whaley has been fired

Good luck Doug. You were better, though you might not have been quite good enough. The moment you will ultimately always regret is being a good company man when the Pegulas said "let's hire Rex Ryan". You should have stood your ground. You had built a roster at that point ready to contend for the post-season. You let a loudmouth clown waste it.

The Pegula bill for paying people not to work increases even further.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it could be. I am wondering how they're going to attract a GM candidate who is going to be subservient to a coach. Who the hell would want that situation?

Would love some inside info on who was responsible for bringing coach McShifty to Buffalo. A couple months back people were saying "Whaley finally has the chance to bring in a coach of his choosing." Did he promote McBeady to the Pegula family? What does that tell you about coach McProcess if the first thing he does to the one responsible for his hiring is undermining and firing?

As you say...what qualified GM is going to want to walk into this mess of an organization? I say just give all of the power to McBaldy and sink/swim based on his abilities.

Edited by Cripple Creek

So you think giving a rookie head coach the power that Belichick and Carrol have a good idea? McDermott is not Bill Parcells.

Time will tell, but McD seems to have a strategy and a plan, more than I can say for our last 18 years...

You don't like the gamble? I think his odds are good for success.

I always backed Doug, and thought he did a good job given the turmoil in our coaching staff he's had to deal with.

And just like the turmoil and turnover at coaching sandbagged our GM, we now have turnover at GM to sandbag the new HC.

Personally, I thought giving Whaley and McD the next 3 years together was the prudent move. But if they are trying to clean house of the old guard, I get it. I dont like it, but I get it.

Sabres job is highly sought after. Bills job will be a guy highly thought of with connections to McDermott.

Money talks. The Pegulas will give any GM whatever they want. Resources galore.

Been working really well so far

A clean hose is very important to have

Agreed, it is, but it seems it doesn't stay as clean as TPegs likes only after a couple of years, then he cleans house again whether it needs it or not. Doesn't seem like the house got very dirty on a couple of occasions.

Edited by old school

It's not that Whaley didn't deserve to be fired. It's the timing of it. Why not can him, when you fired Rex. Now it appears they have given way too much power to the new HC, and a new GM will just be his puppet.

Pegula's need to get out if the way with both teams...

1 - Talk to most experienced NFL people you can find

2 - Hire a VP of Football Operations or in the case of the Sabres...Hockey Operations

3 - VP hire GM.

4 - GM hires HC with some input from VP

5 - Problem solved.

Edited by LabattBlue