Bills Draft 4 Top 5 at their Position per PFF Pre Draft Rank

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl-draft-qb-rankings/

Look for yourself ... White was the #2 CB, Jones the #5 WR, Dawkins the #4 OG, and Peterman the #5 QB.

Again .. pre draft doesn't mean anything till your on the field .. but at least per PFF ... I'd say we did pretty DAMN good. White was #12 overall player and we got him at #27 and a 1st Rounder in 2018 and still got a QB .. 2 slots (per their rankings behind Mahomes) 4 rounds later ... BRAVO McDermott!!!!

PFF is the only source for info I trust. If this is this case, I'm really impressed with how MCD filled open positions with quality players and also got us a 1st rounder for next year!! I didn't love giving up picks in the later rounds to move up but you gotta do what you think is right at the time.

They are 1 of very few that I trust.

You have to read their scouting report on White. They actually had him as their top CB! 2nd best DB behind Safety Jamal Adams. The guy is a stud , plus you add a 1st and 3rd. Fantastic job by the front office

PFF is the only source for info I trust. If this is this case, I'm really impressed with how MCD filled open positions with quality players and also got us a 1st rounder for next year!! I didn't love giving up picks in the later rounds to move up but you gotta do what you think is right at the time.

McD is coach. Whaley is talent finder.

McD is coach. Whaley is talent finder.

Many don't understand that. I think many fans were prepared to praise McDermott no matter what happened.

Do you really think that McDermott was working the phones for trades? Because of his experience as a defensive coordinator?

its interesting how many of our draftees are from small schools and modest programs

definitely different than it has been.

Still trying to figure out why people think Dawkins is a tackle.

he graded out as being able to play tackle because of his long arms or guard because he has a powerful base. everything ive looked at says he could play both...just that he might be better suited at guard because his strength.(base).is his strength...

Dawkins has played left tackle at Temple for the last three years.

At the combine he might have had a problem with speed rushers. Hence the thought he might be a guard in the NFL.

Meanwhile in those last three years, he gave up 8 sacks total.

Edited by Wagon Circler

He's a guard, but the Bills did their homework as he has played some T in the past

Look I love the players we drafted this year

However I'm uber-catious

Every year on message boards folks claim we did well and claim that we found a plethora of plug in starters

However it never, or rarely, pans out as well as folks same it will

Some get injured, some have lousy rookie campaigns, some just never make the cut

Worse some of the payers that never make it, we traded up to get, losing other potential picks in the process

We will see

jc

He has played both. He played a couple of seasons of LT at Temple. He doesn't have the physical gifts you would look for to be a left tackle in the NFL - he projects better inside or at RT.

Edited by GunnerBill

Probably because that's what he played his whole college career. Pundits and "experts" are projecting a move to G similar to how they did for Cordy Glenn.

Bills using analytics now or McDermott literally pulling up PFF on the iPad and using it as his big board? "Mmhmm thanks for the opinion Doug. We're going to take [refresh]...Jones. Can you call that in for me?"