RD 2, Pick 63: Dion Dawkins (OT) - TEM

SDS

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dion Dawkins on his positional versatility at the combine: "It's basically getting two boxes of pizza for the price of one. It's a blessing"

So you're saying he has an eating problem?

BOTTOM LINE

Quality tackle who operates with good balance and solid technique. Shows some good initial quickness and a smooth kick-slide out of his stance, but might be better in short areas as a guard rather than in open space as a tackle. He's athletic enough to operate in space, but power appears to be his calling card. His wide-hand approach in pass protection could be a difficult habit to break, but he has the natural power to withstand bull rush that might come with that. Dawkins is a well-schooled, three-year starter who has chance to transition into an early starter.

i imagine this is why some are saying hes a guard, not a tackle..

BOTTOM LINE

Quality tackle who operates with good balance and solid technique. Shows some good initial quickness and a smooth kick-slide out of his stance, but might be better in short areas as a guard rather than in open space as a tackle. He's athletic enough to operate in space, but power appears to be his calling card. His wide-hand approach in pass protection could be a difficult habit to break, but he has the natural power to withstand bull rush that might come with that. Dawkins is a well-schooled, three-year starter who has chance to transition into an early starter.

i imagine this is why some are saying hes a guard, not a tackle..

Only reason people call him a OG is he lacks Ideal HT for OT. But his long arms mean more

The bills jumped the panthers again, per panthers forum it seems we have many needs: they say...

"

Sean is screwing us lol"

"

"son of a B word mcdermott'

"

McDermott has a rat in the building"

"

Bills trying steal a player from the Panthers by jumping ahead.. do we have snitches still in Panther land feeding McDermontt??..hmmm I kid or do I?"

seriously, funny we keep jumping carolina. and atlanta helped us.

No but for real - if Whaley gets canned next week and McD brings over a few Carolina guys, the dots are gonna get connected fast...

The most interesting thing about this pick to me is that McD apparently thinks more of our LBs than we all do.

Honestly Mills was probably our worst starter last year. An upgrade was needed.

Edited by Juice_32