RD 2, Pick 63: Dion Dawkins (OT) - TEM

SDS

@christrapasso

Dion Dawkins is much more agile and under control while on the move (yet still powerful) than Jordan Mills.

He has the strength and size of a guard and the feet of a right tackle. This is a powerful "zone-scheme" RT in my opinion.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but for real - if Whaley gets canned next week and McD brings over a few Carolina guys, the dots are gonna get connected fast...

i'm not too big on anyone in the carolina office. they've done very little right.

keuchly and newton were a no brainer. they've let a lot of talent walk. they have traded away young decent talent. and further, either signed oddballs or cut goodones.

@ChrisBrownBills

The #Bills have given up 75 and 149 & 156 to move up 12 spots to 63. Still have 2 5th rounders left and a six.

Why did we give up so much? just when i thought we gained picks for good, we throw them away.

With 149 or 156 we could of got both LB or S.

Edited by gr8billsfan

Seems like a good pick. We have a lot of tackles on the roster, I wonder if they'll trade Kojo or Henderson ?

I don't think either has any value atm. Is Kujo even out of ECMC yet? Henderson still has 5 games left on his suspension.

OT was a giant need.

Edited by YoloinOhio

There apparently doesnt seem to be agreement as to where he is best suited. I think the biggest issue is his pass protection hence the disagreement. Run blocking he's a bulldozer

Right, apparently will struggle in pass pro versus quick outside rushers. Mills is ok in run blocking too but is a turnstile.

DD has quick feet, is athletic, gets to the second level and can operate in space. Maybe as some have suggested he winds up replacing Ritchie eventually.

What was the deal with that reporter on WGR asking McDermot about some nightclub arrest.

Seemed like coach might have been caught off guard just a bit.

Reporter asked a second time as well.

Ha ha maybe coach thought he was getting another citizen above suspicion.

Right, apparently will struggle in pass pro versus quick outside rushers. Mills is ok in run blocking too but is a turnstile.

DD has quick feet, is athletic, gets to the second level and can operate in space. Maybe as some have suggested he winds up replacing Ritchie eventually.

Ha ha maybe coach thought he was getting another citizen above suspicion.

who says he will apparently struggle in pass pro?

Do I understand we gave up three picks for this guy and two picks for the last guy. So 5 picks for two guys. A 2nd rnd, 2 3rd rnds and 2 5ths to get 2 guys. One near mid and the other at the end of the 2nd round. So much for the trade back, just couldn't wait to spend/waste that draft capital. Not being negative, just extremely unimpressed.

Edited by Turk71

Do I understand we gave up three picks for this guy and two picks for the last guy. So 5 picks for two guys. A 2nd rnd, 2 3rd rnds and 2 5ths to get 2 guys. One near mid and the other at the end of the 2nd round. So much for the trade back, just couldn't wait to spend/waste that draft capital. Not being negative, just extremely unimpressed.

You get 2 long term starters. Doesnt matter does it. Then still have a 2018 1st in your pocket.

Edited by MAJBobby