RD 2, Pick 63: Dion Dawkins (OT) - TEM

SDS

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was this player named Cordy Glenn who everyone said projected as a guard.

he turned out as an alright LT

then going back a lil further there was this TE named Jason Peters

he turned out as a pretty good LT

Edited by papazoid

So we targeted Dawkins...must have if we used 2 5th rounders to move up to get a guy who admittedly needs coaching to even make the team. He has little O line experience. He is not a Miller.

Whaley should be fired for this.

Why would you say he has little O line experience? He played three straight years at LT, as much as 90% of draft picks.

3 starters. That's good enough for this draft. Now play a few lottery tickets tomorrow and be done.

Still desperately need LBs but can't plug all the holes in a single draft.

In mcd's Defense they play nickel 75%of the time which will require more DBs and not LBs. don't be surprised if they take a S or a CB before a LB on day 3. Edited by Don't stop billievein

In my mind the Bills came in with the following needs.

CB 2

Nickel CB

WR 2

WR 3

OLB

RT

Safety

The Bills first three picks are looking to fill needs at RT, CB2, and WR2. Not only did the Bills get those three positions of need but they also added an extra 1st round pick next year. Even though they only have a handful of picks remaining I think the team in terms of philsophy, player value relative to perception, and setting themselves up for the future did a great job in this draft.

They got 3 players at fairly good value in 3 positions of significant need all while pocketing a future 1st round pick. Now who knows how these three players will actually play and how much they can and will contribute for this upcoming season. But it is clear that the people doing the drafting know where the weaknesses on the roster are and brought in players to sure up those weaknesses while not really reaching.

Did we cut Darby?

In my mind the Bills came in with the following needs.

CB 2

Nickel CB

WR 2

WR 3

OLB

RT

Safety

The Bills first three picks are looking to fill needs at RT, CB2, and WR2. Not only did the Bills get those three positions of need but they also added an extra 1st round pick next year. Even though they only have a handful of picks remaining I think the team in terms of philsophy, player value relative to perception, and setting themselves up for the future did a great job in this draft.

They got 3 players at fairly good value in 3 positions of significant need all while pocketing a future 1st round pick. Now who knows how these three players will actually play and how much they can and will contribute for this upcoming season. But it is clear that the people doing the drafting know where the weaknesses on the roster are and brought in players to sure up those weaknesses while not really reaching.

As far as receivers, I think we are set now. We needed a #2 option, which Jones fills. Holmes and Brown are good options as 3 and 4 and an upgrade over what we had there last year.

I agree with the rest. Would love to see some defensive depth added with today's picks.

I really hate this pick.

If you are going to spend a 3rd and two high 5ths on a guy, you better be damn sure the guy is starting at a position of need.

McDormett isn't even sure if he is a tackle, and the more I read on his weaknesses vs real competition, I struggle to see how he is an impact Day 1 player. Really think we will end up with a back up guard. A very high price for that.

I really hate this pick.

If you are going to spend a 3rd and two high 5ths on a guy, you better be damn sure the guy is starting at a position of need.

McDormett isn't even sure if he is a tackle, and the more I read on his weaknesses vs real competition, I struggle to see how he is an impact Day 1 player. Really think we will end up with a back up guard. A very high price for that.

That's what happens when you draft for need and it's a weak class for the position you need.

That said - I think you're too down on the player.