I don't understand the White hate...

There has actually been quite a bit in different threads.

is this where you're supposed to post "in" ?

Internet football fans affter the draft are like kids after Christmas who are

upset because they wanted the Red Power Ranger but got the White Power Ranger.

to follow the thread that should have been

wanted the White Power Ranger but got the Black Power Ranger.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. Dropped down way too far and missed out on pro bowl quality players to get an undersized corner that was projected to go where you got him. The way the draft was playing out the 10th pick was more valuable than what they got in return because lots of top players were dropping. Lots of talent between 10-25 so to drop all the way to 27 was very unfortunate

Yeah if they only dropped to 20 then it would have been they should have only dropped to 15-17.

That's my worst nightmare unless the FO legitimately had Kizer as their #1 QB on the board. I pray that we don't draft any QB in the first 3 rounds this year (unless Webb or Kizer somehow falls to rd 3) this year and stockpile picks and talent. Get the QB next year. We didn't draft the best QBs this year, no reason to get the best of the rest in a weak QB class (imo)

I think the only people that are crying are the Whaley haters and the guys that wanted a QB in rd 1.

Well, I was one of those who wanted qb in the first, but I'm not a Whaley hater.

The trade-down was fantastic and White is universally described as a competent, jack-of-all-trades DB with strong leadership skills and intangibles; a good presence/voice in the locker room type.

He seems like a solid acquisition but the deal to get him is even better.

Yeah if they only dropped to 20 then it would have been they should have only dropped to 15-17.

And then we wouldn't have gotten next years first, so it would be we should've traded down further to get next years first.

100% false and that's my point. Still GREAT players on the board around 20. OJ Howard at 19, Jarrad Davis at 21, even Conley at 24. These are pro bowl quality guys.

If anyone has a problem with the player himself they need to stop watching football and get another hobby...The kid a legit good prospect...He really is and saying otherwise is ridiculous...He's not flashy...But he's really solid...As a comparison I liked White better than Gilmore coming out...And I liked Gilmore...I just think White is a smarter player overall..

Now that's not to say he'll be great...But as a College CB prospect there can be an argument made that White was an elite cover CB in this Draft...So if you're looking for a CB...White is more than fine...

If you have a problem with the strategy, the trade down, the compensation for the trade down, or the fact that they basically traded what they did and got White, a 3rd, and next years 1st for Mahomes then that is a whole different discussion... B-)

If anyone has a problem with the player himself they need to stop watching football and get another hobby...The kid a legit good prospect...He really is and saying otherwise is ridiculous...He's not flashy...But he's really solid...As a comparison I liked White better than Gilmore coming out...And I liked Gilmore...I just think White is a smarter player overall..

Now that's not to say he'll be great...But as a College CB prospect there can be an argument made that White was an elite cover CB in this Draft...So if you're looking for a CB...White is more than fine...

If you have a problem with the strategy, the trade down, the compensation for the trade down, or the fact that they basically traded what they did and got White, a 3rd, and next years 1st for Mahomes then that is a whole different discussion... B-)

Honestly a large portion of the White hates is coming from the Mahomes fanboy club. Most people see a great prospect in White, and love getting him along with an extra 1st next year and an extra 3rd in this very talented and deep draft.

Ironically, this gives the Bills a lot of ammunition to move up next year in what projects to be a much better class for QB's if Taylor doesn't get the job done this year. But none of that matters to them as they have already anointed Mahomes (a guy that 6 teams in real need of a QB passed on in the first 9 picks) at least pro bowler and franchise QB.

Winfield 99', Clements 01', Whitner 06', McKelvin 08', Gilmore 12' - We've seen this movie before.

That's a pretty good flick. Not sure what you're trying to say here.

Because we have drafted great cb's in the 1st, we should stop drafting cb's in the 1st?

I like it. Addressed a need and two ones next year. Better than reaching for a qb that might be another EJ.

Or he could be an all star, but its always better to think on the negative side of things.

I'll wait and see if I like this. If Mahomes or even Watson is a good QB, the Bills lose this trade over and over and over again.

That's a pretty good flick. Not sure what you're trying to say here.

Because we have drafted great cb's in the 1st, we should stop drafting cb's in the 1st?

If I may decipher: I think he's saying:

1. Even when you hit on a 1st round corner, it's proven to be insufficient to get you over the 8-8 hump.

2. But there's no guarantee that you'll hit on a 1st round corner, so if you swing and miss it just makes it all the more likely that you'll stay in that 6-10 Jauronland.

Correct. Dropped down way too far and missed out on pro bowl quality players to get an undersized corner that was projected to go where you got him. The way the draft was playing out the 10th pick was more valuable than what they got in return because lots of top players were dropping. Lots of talent between 10-25 so to drop all the way to 27 was very unfortunate

You know all this the day after the draft? What did you think of the Darby pick when it happened?

Every fan is a different person with different opinions and you can never make everyone happy.

I would've liked to see Watson at #10. The need for CB was self-inflicted. The value of the 2018 first is overstated.

I absolutely disagree! The CB need was there last year. Gilmore was mailing it in most of the season, has never been a tackler and we were never going to pay the money he got from the Cheats. Plus, he refused to accept a lower offer prior to the start of the season, which tells me he wanted out and knew he could make big money. IMO, he is NOT worth the money paid.

But, Gilmore wasn't the only one in the backfield. We still were in need of a strong cornerback, plus we still need a good A.Williams replacement. So, I applaud the Bills for a very NON-BILLSY move!! We got great value for the trade, plus a solid CB.

Think about it this way: Would we have traded our #10 pick, plus a 3rd and next year's 1st to retain Gilmore??? Not a chance in hell!!

Winfield 99', Clements 01', Whitner 06', McKelvin 08', Gilmore 12' - We've seen this movie before.

So we should skip out on the top CB on our board because of a player we took in 99? That makes no sense. Are you saying we lose historically because we took a few 1st round CBs? Do other teams pick less CBs than us in that same time span? This complaint is so out of context it is meaningless.

This should be a pick loved by every Bills fan on both sides of the QB fence.

For the "Tyrod is our QB (at least now)" fans: This pick solidifies the fact that Tyrod is Buffalo's starting QB in 2017 and demonstrates a "here are the keys to the car, let's see what you can do" attitude by McDermott for the 2017 season. If Tyrod and the Bills exceed expectations and Taylor plays better than 2016 and more to the level of or better than 2015 and the Bills make the playoffs, don't expect Buffalo to draft a QB in round 1 again next year, despite 2 first round picks because Taylor might get another renegotiated deal and a longer term, more secure one in the offseason.

BUT

For the Tyrod dissenters: This trade down affords Buffalo the unique opportunity in 2018 in a (supposedly... like always) strong QB class to either draft a QB high because we sucked in 2017 and have a very high pick (which I don't think will happen) or we have the opportunity to use that 2nd 1st rounder (and likely compensatory picks considering our FA losses this year) to trade up for Darnold or another QB we like.

Plus, we got an extra 3rd round draft class in a clearly deep draft class where there are a good number of extremely talented players on the board.

Win on all sides!

Except for KC... who SEVERELY overdrafted a QB.