Cam Robinson Still Available.

Depends on what we have to give up. I might be inclined to spend less on Dion Dawkins in the hopes that he's the answer to our RT woes.

I think there is a decent gap in talent between the 2.

I want to move down again get more picks

And I think that's fair to say... But Cam Robinson is round 1 talent yes?

Would like Cam Robinson but McDermott like wouldn't select a guy with an off the field problem

I think you 2 don't have all the facts So I will enlighten you..

#1 Facts in the case show that rear passenger admitted to shoving the drugs and guns under the driver Side seat

#2 Both football players were drug tested and clean.

#3 In the article in the same paragraph it says..

"When approaching the vehicle, officers spotted a handgun on the lap of the passenger. A bag of marijuana was also observed on the driver's side floorboard. The stolen handgun was located under Robinson's seat."

IF the police officer actually saw the handgun on lap of passenger then game over.. the gun is in possession of passenger not the driver Cam Robinson.

the guilt was by association and nothing more.. all charges were dropped.

Some times in life stuff happens when were not in fault. I think this was the case.

#1 Facts in the case show that rear passenger admitted to shoving the drugs and guns under the driver Side seat

"When approaching the vehicle, officers spotted a handgun on the lap of the passenger. A bag of marijuana was also observed on the driver's side floorboard. The stolen handgun was located under Robinson's seat."

IF the police officer actually saw the handgun on lap of passenger then game over.. the gun is in possession of passenger not the driver Cam Robinson.

Some times in life stuff happens when were not in fault. I think this was the case.

gangbanger, no thanks

Oh yeah not that bad he probably had no clue the guy had a stolen gun and drugs. No responsibility needed.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that....I've never admitted this openly but my life is about to change drastically so it won't really matter in about a month. But I work in a law enforcement "branch" in New York, and I can tell you I had one investigation where a vehicle was pulled over, the passenger bailed and ran, the driver stayed put and was arrested. Passenger was eventually caught, the car was searched and a loaded handgun was found under the passenger's seat. No one took responsibility as they both pointed to the other. Obviously, it couldn't belong to both of them, but one got 10 years in prison and one got 8 years in prison.....for the same gun....for the same crime. The law is not as clear cut as you think....furthermore, in NY at least the idea of constructive possession can be applied under a variety of circumstances, and if the gun was out in the open for the officer to observe, then Mr. Robinson knew the gun was in the car....to make my point one more time, I've had a number of narcotics investigations where it was known and proved a man and woman, usually boyfriend / girlfriend or husband / wife, were residing in a home together and the man was selling the drugs. The female never exited the house, and she was never recorded as making the transactions, but because it occurred out of the home, she was charged and convicted as well, because she knew it was occurring and was thought to be guilty, but not *as* guilty so she received Probation while he was sent to jail / prison, depending on the case.....it's happened quite a bit.

I said all of that to say, you're making assumptions that are both factually and legally inaccurate.

So Tackle Cam Robinson is available at round 2. Should we move to get him or take BPA at 44?

Getting a CB and Tackle fills our needs at those positions and get WR in the third.

Thoughts?

No thanks. I've had enough of trading up in round 2. There will be a very good player available at 44. If anything, I would be listening to offers to trade back a few, to add a 4th round pick. This is a DEEP draft. It seems that OBD is aware of this.

Edited by mannc

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that....I've never admitted this openly but my life is about to change drastically so it won't really matter in about a month. But I work in a law enforcement "branch" in New York, and I can tell you I had one investigation where a vehicle was pulled over, the passenger bailed and ran, the driver stayed put and was arrested. Passenger was eventually caught, the car was searched and a loaded handgun was found under the passenger's seat. No one took responsibility as they both pointed to the other. Obviously, it couldn't belong to both of them, but one got 10 years in prison and one got 8 years in prison.....for the same gun....for the same crime. The law is not as clear cut as you think....furthermore, in NY at least the idea of constructive possession can be applied under a variety of circumstances, and if the gun was out in the open for the officer to observe, then Mr. Robinson knew the gun was in the car....to make my point one more time, I've had a number of narcotics investigations where it was known and proved a man and woman, usually boyfriend / girlfriend or husband / wife, were residing in a home together and the man was selling the drugs. The female never exited the house, and she was never recorded as making the transactions, but because it occurred out of the home, she was charged and convicted as well, because she knew it was occurring and was thought to be guilty, but not *as* guilty so she received Probation while he was sent to jail / prison, depending on the case.....it's happened quite a bit.

I said all of that to say, you're making assumptions that are both factually and legally inaccurate.

Right.. Did Cam bail and Run? No.. your comparing 2 entirely different situations..

Oh yeah not that bad he probably had no clue the guy had a stolen gun and drugs. No responsibility needed.

yep and its entirely possible he new his friend smoked but didn't think he had stuff on him.. Could I sneak drugs and a gun while your giving me a ride or anyone else for that matter? it was a poor judgment of friends that's all.

gangbanger, no thanks

Give it a rest...

Right.. Did Cam bail and Run? No.. your comparing 2 entirely different situations..

yep and its entirely possible he new his friend smoked but didn't think he had stuff on him.. Could I sneak drugs and a gun while your giving me a ride or anyone else for that matter? it was a poor judgment of friends that's all.

Give it a rest...

No, in your description he was in the backseat while the passenger in the front seat had a gun and a bag of weed....the guy that didn't run in my story, still got 8 years in prison...moreover, while not being criminally responsible, does not absolve someone from responsibility of making the choice to be with a person who has the gun and marijuana. If weed was legal, the only issue is the gun - if there was no gun and it was just weed, then I think you have a better argument...but, you would have to be on this side of things to see how frequently associating with someone who is dangerous or potentially dangerous, i.e. possessing a loaded firearm illegally, truly can be and what sort of threat it poses to public safety. However, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but there's the difference, I'm willing to say, we just disagree while you're speaking in absolutes. Let's just agree to disagree and know that none of us know all the facts.

Edited by BigBuff423