ESPN Layoffs

plenzmd1

Is there an actual list of layoffs anywhere? Everything I see that says "list" winds up having name followed by twitter post. Does everything have to include twitter now? I just want to see a list and not have to waste my time scrolling through 90% of the crap on the screen.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an actual list of layoffs anywhere? Everything I see that says "list" winds up having name followed by twitter post. Does everything have to include twitter now? I just want to see a list and not have to waste my time scrolling through 90% of the crap on the screen.

I have no idea how people garner any information from twitter.

Not sure if this is a complete list...

http://deadspin.com/a-running-list-of-espn-layoffs-1794664091

Amazing that a big mouth like Steven A Smith survives, but a lot of quality people got the boot.

Edited by LabattBlue

Amazing that a big mouth like Steven A Smith survives, but a lot of quality people got the boot.

...fire his sorry butt and he'd file a lawsuit the very next day.......racial discrimination which is his trump card............

That's the exact stuff I'm talking about. They show a name and then follow it up with twitter posts and videos before moving onto the next name. I have no idea why no one can do this anymore:

-Name 1

-Name 2

-Name 3

-Name 100

Can you have ESPN taken off of your cable package? Not worried about the 7 or so bucks it supposedly costs but more to make a point. The channel is total garbage, I used to listen to the Mike and Mike show most days at work now I can't even stand that.

Pretty hard to do unless you go to the very lowest tier of service.

ESPN is great for College Football and not much else. There Sunday pre game show just goes on and on. With the amount of football thats on every week between pro and college, who is sitting for 3 hours beforehand to listen to Keyshawn and Ditka blow smoke up each others asses? Seriously, every football fan gets news up to the minute 24/7 on their phones, internet, etc. ESPN should stick to live sporting events. The rest is just garbage that's geared to 20 year old knuckleheads. Most of the young anchors are unwatchable. Everything is supposed to be hip, cool and funny. That's not for hardcore sports fans. And good god, since when did every female have to become an ESPN anchor? They should have stopped with Linda Cohn. Do any of you remember Kerry Ross from way back in the day? She was a hottie. Now so much schtick, and no substance. I remember when it was Dan Patrick, Keith Olberman, Tom Mees and Charlie Steiner. There was no fancy studio set. Just an anchor desk w a teams logo on the screen behind the anchor. Now the only anchors worth watching are Stan Verrett and Scot Van Pelt. Newer is not always better.

I used to watch sports center every day. Now it's just to easy to already know what happened. I used to love around the Horn but again...when they are beating the same stories all day, you don't want to see them again at 5. They should try and get back into Nhl and NASCAR. They certainly have the money to get some professional sports back. During the regular season college basketball is on every single espn channel at the same time. Who watches regular season college basketball? They are putting on garbage that nobody watches like soccer and regular season college sports. Less talk shows, more games

I used to watch sports center every day. Now it's just to easy to already know what happened. I used to love around the Horn but again...when they are beating the same stories all day, you don't want to see them again at 5. They should try and get back into Nhl and NASCAR. They certainly have the money to get some professional sports back. During the regular season college basketball is on every single espn channel at the same time. Who watches regular season college basketball? They are putting on garbage that nobody watches like soccer and regular season college sports. Less talk shows, more games

i watch regular season College Bball and I hate myself for it because my team is so bad it needs to be taken out back and shot Old Yeller style. Edited by YoloinOhio

i watch regular season College Bball and I hate myself for it because my team is so bad it needs to be taken out back and shot Old Yeller style.

what the hell is that? old yeller style? who was shot???