Bills decline to match Gillislee offer sheet

Not just TDs but conversions on third and fourth are big points for MG, no?

Possibly. We won't know until the year starts.

Obviously if we could have either MG or JW for the same cost, you'd take MG. It's just not that simple. I know you know that...just some of these other posters that post as if they are on twitter burning someone is crazy.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it got them nowhere. 5 wins, with the great MG on the roster. So there that. By some accounts, J Will was a potential steal of that draft. He fumbled once or twice and got in RR's doghouse, hardly heard from again. Perhaps the guy can play, it's a bit early to say he can't , no? MG was cut before arriving in BUF , no one here ever heard of the guy. It's a backup RB , not a premierposition in today's NFL. Teams find productive guys at RB all the time.

He played very well here and fit in nicely and was one of the keys to the best running attack in the NFL-the one main strength of the Bills-which just got weaker.

You mean idiots are not the organization that has missed the playoffs for 17 straight years, probably heading for 18? No one models their organization after OBD.

There are many , many reasons to criticize the management at OBD. Plenty of low hanging fruit there to be had. Histrionics by JS over what value the Bills placed on a backup RB aside, this has to be faarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr down that laundry list. Might have a slight impact on if the Bills get a top ten pick next year or not, that's about it.

if nothing else we can hope its a cheaper and more explosive WR, a cheaper and good scheme fit at CB and break even at RB. plus whatever you chalk up the savings as spent on.

that said, not my favorite situation.

And mountains of cap room the next couple years and nobody in-house to spend it on.

Bills fans should brace themselves for a flurry of free agent visits over the next two years as agents use them as leverage to get better deals in places they WANT to play..........and the Bills earn the right to overpay a bunch of dudes that don't mind losin' for a couple years if the price is right.....and then deal with their first year acclimation issues(see Clay and McCoy 2015) to boot.

The fact that this impacts their draft decision process AT ALL is bad in itself.

I assumed they'd pick a RB to rotate with MG when Shady is gone in 2018.......now one might not even be enough to keep them out of the RB market in round 1 and 2 in the next couple years.

With all parts of their running game intact I thought they had more options in round 1 but now starting to think they might overdraft a receiver or two as well.

He played very well here and fit in nicely and was one of the keys to the best running attack in the NFL-the one main strength of the Bills-which just got weaker.

That strength got them five wins last year.... I'd love for this team to be so successful that I would fret over who the backup RB is. It isn't.

I might also add.....Jonathan Wiilliams....the jury is frankly still out

Well, maybe the jury is on their way back, but they are just doing it veeeerrrrrrry sloooooowly. I heard great things about him early, but then he got hurt (foot?) and he just seemed very slow. I hope I'm wrong.

Good.

They maybe messed up by not putting the 2nd round tender, but don't double down by overpaying. That's how the terrorists (aka Pats) win.

If they put a 2nd round tender, who would have taken him? By putting a 5th on him, the Bills were essentially dangling him for an additional pick.

That strength got them five wins last year.... I'd love for this team to be so successful that I would fret over who the backup RB is. It isn't.

The bIlls were 7-9 last year. 8-8 if Taylor had played that last game. Where is this 5 wins coming from?

Sounds like Adrian Peterson Will be signing with the Saints for $3 million this year. So Gilislee signed with the Pats* for more, crazy.

Any team other than the Pats would get roasted for this. But it's the Pats so every move is gold! They traded a 5th round pick for a backup RB with one year of good production under a talented offensive line and Shady leading the way, not to mention a mobile QB on the field. I'm blown anyway anyone could think this is a smart move for them. I mean it ultimately doesn't mattter, they could burn all their picks this year and still likely win the Super Bowl. I'm just happy they gifted us a pick for a player I never expected to keep...

Edited by HappyDays

That's what is causing all this craziness. It's so frustrating to read.

I liked MG, I really did. But not losing any sleep over this.

But don't you know, if the Bills had only retained MGs services, they would keep us all from having to watch the Pats in the SB next year. Hope you put your bet into Vegas on the Pats before today. Their odds just got a lot better

Gillislee, 26, was the Bills' No. 2 running back last season behind LeSean McCoy, rushing 101 times for 577 yards and eight touchdowns. Among NFL running backs with a qualifying number of carries, Gillislee led the league in yards per rush (5.71), rushes per touchdown (12.6), first-down rate on rushes (38.6 percent) and third-down conversion rate on rushes (75 percent).

Only one person led the entire league in all those categories. It was just random luck and anybody could have done it. A lot of running backs in the NFL but one guy led the league in all those categories. No big deal, he is a 5th round backup. Dime a dozen. What absolute fools the Patriots are.

But don't you know, if the Bills had only retained MGs services, they would keep us all from having to watch the Pats in the SB next year. Hope you put your bet into Vegas on the Pats before today. Their odds just got a lot better

SMH MG is just another piece on NE's roster. On the Bills he was a much bigger piece on a roster far less talented overall then NEs.

Gillislee, 26, was the Bills' No. 2 running back last season behind LeSean McCoy, rushing 101 times for 577 yards and eight touchdowns. Among NFL running backs with a qualifying number of carries, Gillislee led the league in yards per rush (5.71), rushes per touchdown (12.6), first-down rate on rushes (38.6 percent) and third-down conversion rate on rushes (75 percent).

Only one person led the entire league in all those categories. It was just random luck and anybody could have done it. A lot of running backs in the NFL but one guy led the league in all those categories. No big deal, he is a 5th round backup. Dime a dozen. What absolute fools the Patriots are.

Weren't the Bills pretty good at rushing the ball the previous year, with Karlos Williams as the backup RB? Might the team just be good at run blocking?

My point is that the MG deal and the TT deal don't make sense together. I like letting a RB walk in a vacuum. The issue is again, can anyone figure out what is going on over there?

MG and TT made perfect sense together.

Best scoring offense the Bills have had in 25 years despite almost no help from WR position.

SMH MG is just another piece on NE's roster. On the Bills he was a much bigger piece on a roster far less talented overall then NEs.

Just a big enough piece to miss the playoffs. The Bills aren't getting there until they have a better QB and a better defense. They could have Peterson at backup RB and still wouldn't make it.

Just a big enough piece to miss the playoffs. The Bills aren't getting there until they have a better QB and a better defense. They could have Peterson at backup RB and still wouldn't make it.

If the defense was average in 2016, the Bills would have made the WC and not Miami.