Official schedule released

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again the NFL has been playing divisional games in glops for December/January for a LONG TIME...

Steelers, Houston, Atlanta have crammed this into their last games the most.

You might notice it when you do a playoff chart.

it's finally caught up to the Bills...

With the release of the schedule, the one thing that really caught my eye is the opportunity for McDermott to make his mark early in his Buffalo Bills debut.

If we take a close look at the first 5 games before the bye...here's what we have

1. Home opener Jets. The Jets were a 5 win team in 2016. If we didn't take week 17 off and actually have a defense on the field week 1, they would have been a 3 win team in 2016. There's a reason the Bills are 7 point favorites for week 1.

2. Carolina on the road. Another 6 win team in 2016, obviously there's the whole thing with sean and a few other coaches and players, the fact that the game is in Carolina just puts a bigger chip on his shoulder. He just won't be as dramatic about it as Rex was in New York.

3. Denver at home. Denver is not even close to what they were with Peyton Manning. They were not even a double digit win team last year. This is not a game to fear by any means, especially at home.

4. Atlanta on the road. This should be a challenge. Superbowl finalist, on the road. However, in recent years the SB loser has not had a good follow up season. I would not be shocked to see the Falcons somewhere around 9-7 this season. I also believe that Atlanta in recent years followed up a 13-3 year with 4-12.

5. Cincinnati on the road. A game that was won last year in this exact situation. Also the Bengals weren't any good in 2016.

So what we have is 4 non-playoff teams before the bye that really were not very impressive just last season. This right here should provide a chance for the Bills to start strong (which I think they will) hopefully under the new coaching and direction they can keep the momentum going unlike years past where it's all fallen apart down the back half of the season.

Edited by Billsfed

might i add, that Wade Phillips i no longer the DC in Denver either. he moved on to the LA Rams. as such, i doubt Denver's D will be as formidable as they were the last few years.

The sheer talent on that team's defense makes Wade's departure a moot point, imo. I'd be surprised if either team puts up over 20, and will come down to whether Trevor or Tyrod's arm makes more plays.

With the release of the schedule, the one thing that really caught my eye is the opportunity for McDermott to make his mark early in his Buffalo Bills debut.

If we take a close look at the first 5 games before the bye...here's what we have

1. Home opener Jets. The Jets were a 5 win team in 2016. If we didn't take week 17 off and actually have a defense on the field week 1, they would have been a 3 win team in 2016. There's a reason the Bills are 7 point favorites for week 1.

2. Carolina on the road. Another 6 win team in 2016, obviously there's the whole thing with sean and a few other coaches and players, the fact that the game is in Carolina just puts a bigger chip on his shoulder. He just won't be as dramatic about it as Rex was in New York.

3. Denver at home. Denver is not even close to what they were with Peyton Manning. They were not even a double digit win team last year. This is not a game to fear by any means, especially at home.

4. Atlanta on the road. This should be a challenge. Superbowl finalist, on the road. However, in recent years the SB loser has not had a good follow up season. I would not be shocked to see the Falcons somewhere around 9-7 this season. I also believe that Atlanta in recent years followed up a 13-3 year with 4-12.

5. Cincinnati on the road. A game that was won last year in this exact situation. Also the Bengals weren't any good in 2016.

So what we have is 4 non-playoff teams before the bye that really were not very impressive just last season. This right here should provide a chance for the Bills to start strong (which I think they will) hopefully under the new coaching and direction they can keep the momentum going unlike years past where it's all fallen apart down the back half of the season.

I think this season is going to be a mess.

I think the opposite. We'll likely start off slow with many new players, but as season goes on, players figure things out, last 4 of 5 games home and home with Miami and NE could be tough and may not win any but will fight to the end, but by the end of the season, teams will be happy when the game is over and done with us and things will be looking up for 2018.

I see us starting off 4 - 1 and fading to 8 - 8

I think the opposite. We'll likely start off slow with many new players, but as season goes on, players figure things out, last 4 of 5 games home and home with Miami and NE could be tough and may not win any but will fight to the end, but by the end of the season, teams will be happy when the game is over and done with us and things will be looking up for 2018.

OK taking a page out of your optimistic playbook you may be onto something here. I think we'll go 4 - 1 because our first 5 opponents are beatable and McCoach is too smart to overload his guys with a complex playbook. I suspect that our playbook on offense will change little if at all. My observations with new coaches is that it takes about 6 - 8 weeks to absorb a new scheme but if McCoach plays this right such an adjustment won't be necessary.

So if we go 4-1 to open the year another 6 wins out of 11 might be enough

1-4 at the bye puts a damper on the rest of the season

Time to start planning for the 2018 draft?

I do not understand Bills fans. I have low expectations in order to reduce the chance of permanent emotional damage, but I do TRY to be optimistic.

I am not singling you out, but this is a good example of the mood around The Wall.

I look forward to the home opener and seeing all my friends.

I cannot find another team I want to support so I will delay putting a paper bag on my head for now, instead of pissing on the parade

Time to start planning for the 2018 draft?

I do not understand Bills fans. I have low expectations in order to reduce the chance of permanent emotional damage, but I do TRY to be optimistic.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 17 times in a row...

It really doesn't matter who we play. We need to go out and win games one week at a time. The NFL is insanely unpredictable. We can lose to anyone or we can beat anyone. It's impossible to look at a schedule in April and draw any conclusions from it.

nailed it.

It really doesn't matter who we play. We need to go out and win games one week at a time. The NFL is insanely unpredictable. We can lose to anyone or we can beat anyone. It's impossible to look at a schedule in April and draw any conclusions from it.

That's why I wait until August.

I've done rather well on my predictions the last 10 years or so.