Official schedule released

Several things I really like about this schedule:

-- only two non-1:00 games

-- the road games at Carolina and Atlanta (the two I plan to attend) are early in the season when hope still exists

-- no 3-game road trips

The four games vs. the Pats*** and Fish in December is odd, indeed.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several things I really like about this schedule:

-- only two non-1:00 games

-- the road games at Carolina and Atlanta (the two I plan to attend) are early in the season when hope still exists

-- no 3-game road trips

The four games vs. the Pats*** and Fish in December is odd, indeed.

Me too, eball. I'll PM you as it nears to hook up.

my god there are so many negative people here.

i've never been able to relate that kind of mindset, hopefully i never will.

here's a fact: every year some teams emerge and win more games than expected, and some teams lose more. and every year there are key players that get hurt starting in week one that completely changes the landscape of the league.

your chances of predicting who we will beat and who we won't are just as slim as you predicting who we will draft-- you have no clue, so why not be excited for your team and pull for them?

What's the fun in that?

my god there are so many negative people here.

i've never been able to relate that kind of mindset, hopefully i never will.

here's a fact: every year some teams emerge and win more games than expected, and some teams lose more. and every year there are key players that get hurt starting in week one that completely changes the landscape of the league.

your chances of predicting who we will beat and who we won't are just as slim as you predicting who we will draft-- you have no clue, so why not be excited for your team and pull for them?

You're preaching upon deaf ears. When you have posters who think they're being "funny" by posting the same old "we'll suck" nonsense over and over you know you've lost the battle.

My read of this schedule is pretty favorable. We avoid many of the elite NFL teams, and games against some of the middling (read: our contenders for wild card prospects) are at home.

Seems an impossible task to win fewer than 5 or 6 games, so we might as well try to win amirite?!

My ranking of most difficult games:

1. @NE Week 16

2. @ATL Week 4

3. Vs. NE Week 13

4. @KC Week 12

All in all, I'd say the NFC South and AFC West are pretty favorable. AFC West is generally wide open and while all the teams are solid, there aren't any guaranteed losses. NFC South has Atlanta (who can be inconsistent year-over-year) and the Panthers, Bucs, and Saints which were pretty not great last year.

Top end: 10-6

Bottom end: 5-11

Go Bills!

My read of this schedule is pretty favorable. We avoid many of the elite NFL teams, and games against some of the middling (read: our contenders for wild card prospects) are at home.

Seems an impossible task to win fewer than 5 or 6 games, so we might as well try to win amirite?!

My ranking of most difficult games:

1. @NE Week 16

2. @ATL Week 4

3. Vs. NE Week 13

4. @KC Week 12

All in all, I'd say the NFC South and AFC West are pretty favorable. AFC West is generally wide open and while all the teams are solid, there aren't any guaranteed losses. NFC South has Atlanta (who can be inconsistent year-over-year) and the Panthers, Bucs, and Saints which were pretty not great last year.

Top end: 10-6

Bottom end: 5-11

Go Bills!

Bolded part = story of our lives.

I like it.

I don't know why. I just do.

Me too. I don't know why everyone is complaining about 3 December home games in a row. That's supposed to be an advantage for us, playing in the snow. I really like the first 4 weeks as a benchmark for the rest of the season.

I have to laugh about the number of people who are freaking out about the schedule before the draft even happens. Did anyone expect Cincinnati or Carolina or Arizona to be as bad as they were last year? Or the Cowboys and Raiders to suddenly look like a renewed dynasty?

There are a few quibbles: what looks like a rough start. The alternating Phins/Pats to end the season. The Bills and Jets in TNF...again. I actually wanted more prime time games. It's hard to catch them out of market where I currently live.

But there are no 3 game road trips. We don't play anyone coming off a bye.

FWIW, I think the Phins are overrated, and are going to come crashing back to Earth, so I don't hate finishing up the season against them.

They are going ape**** on Mike and Mike about the NYG playing 4 teams this year coming off of a Bye. Lol, no one cared but us (and that research group from UB) when that was the Bills.

Pats fans on Twitter were whining up a storm about their schedule. To be fair it is pretty rough, they have 3 road games in a row at one point. But they're not getting any sympathy for me.

It's always hard to judge a schedule before the season even starts, because so many things can change.

But based on what these teams looked like last year, this schedule looks pretty tough.

- There are only 5 games against teams with worse records than us last year (Jets twice, Panthers, Bengals, Chargers) and 1 game against a team with the same record (Saints).

- There are 7 games against teams with double-digit wins last year (Falcons, Raiders, Chiefs, Dolphins twice, Patriots twice)

- There are only 3 games against teams with unresolved QB situations (Jets twice, Broncos)

The NFL for the last few years has scheduled a division or two to play a lot of inner division games in the last weeks of the season.

This might be the first time the Bills have had it happen, Steelers and Houston and Atlanta I can recall doing this, Steelers many times.

Only noticed when I run playoff machines at the beginning of December.

One 4PM start, love that!

Understandable, but why in the world would they put the Bills on more in prime time?

Flex on Sunday nights rewards teams that do well surprisingly.

5:03PM PST: Saw Schedule

5:04PM PST: Analyzed Schedule

5:05PM PST: Said 6-10

5:06PM PST: Back to living

7-9 is good in case a fumble goes their way or they face a team that doesn't care at all down the stretch.