Sullivan: One GM gone, one to go.

JM2009

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than his miss on EJ, I think Whaley has done a pretty good job.

Lot of excellent free agent pickups, we have a pretty good roster, especially if Lawson and Ragland emerge this year and we hit on some draft picks.

Flame away if you must, but I see us as doing the best we possibly can without a franchise qb. If we can stop the run and have a solid kicking game this year, we can get 10 wins.

I'm bummed about the TD Mike tender, but I think that was Overdorfs call. It worked with Groy. Maybe they'd rather trust Williams as the #2 back and get another 5th round pick. Gotta wait and see.

I would love to see Jerry Sullivan get the raider's treatment

There was a "media" guy that literally got kicked out of a Raiders press conference mafia style a couple of years ago.......reminded me SOOOO much of Jerry Sullivan

Pegula should start doing it Bronx Tale style..."Put him in the bathroom! I don't want him in here"

Other than his miss on EJ, I think Whaley has done a pretty good job.

Lot of excellent free agent pickups, we have a pretty good roster, especially if Lawson and Ragland emerge this year and we hit on some draft picks.

Flame away if you must, but I see us as doing the best we possibly can without a franchise qb. If we can stop the run and have a solid kicking game this year, we can get 10 wins.

I'm bummed about the TD Mike tender, but I think that was Overdorfs call. It worked with Groy. Maybe they'd rather trust Williams as the #2 back and get another 5th round pick. Gotta wait and see.

Really?

Overpaid Mccoy after the trade.

Overpaid Dareus.

Wasted draft picks to get EJ

wasted draft picks to get an oft injured WR

No leadership ever drafted on the team

These two alone have put us in cap hell.

Then Kujo, our entire draft class last year was on IR pretty much to start the season.

Pissing in Rex's cheerios every morning to where Rex said hell with this, let me out of here.

LB's are a disaster

DB's are a disaster

No WR's

QB beyond TT who is only average is nonexistant.

Whaley should have been fired last season.

the Pegulas need to hire a president that knows what the crap they are doing and then they need to go back to florida and we shouldn't hear about them again until there is a parade downtown for one of their teams

Right. Just like how every other owner in the league.

I don't think Terry Pegula is too strong of an owner. I think he's too weak of one. He is not a guy who comes across as the "buck stops here" sort who's confident in calling the shots and holding people accountable. He's no Robert Kraft.

IMO, Pegula is not confident enough to decisively get rid of the institutional knowledge (Brandon, Overdorf, Berchtold), the clearly needs help (Whaley), the oafs that are stealing paychecks (Rex and Rob Ryan) or not having to consult with others who know just as much or less about football than he does (Kim). There are always rumors of "czars" and "football people" that have been consulted from Polian to Coughlin and he's never done a press conference by himself.

I don't know if this MO has made him his millions and he's sticking to it or not. All I can say is it doesn't seem to be working for either of his sports teams.

Edited by dpberr

I don't think Terry Pegula is too strong of an owner. I think he's too weak of one. He is not a guy who comes across as the "buck stops here" sort who's confident in calling the shots and holding people accountable. He's no Robert Kraft.

IMO, Pegula is not confident enough to get rid of the institutional knowledge (Brandon, Overdorf, Berchtold), the clearly needs help (Whaley), the oafs that are stealing paychecks (Rex and Rob Ryan) or not having to consult with others who know just as much or less about football than he does (Kim). There is always rumors of "czars" and "football people" that have been consulted from Polian to Coughlin and he's never done a press conference by himself.

I don't know if this MO has made him his millions and he's sticking to it or not. All I can say is it doesn't seem to be working for either of his sports teams.

You mean other then firing coaches for non performance?

I disagree completely.....the Pegula's dont hang onto coaches that dont win.

If we fire Whaley, it is actually a fairly attractive team to jump on. We're at a stage where you can rebuild without a full tear down. Some good players - about a .500 roster. Players to build around, and players who are probably expendable.

The Sabres are so hamstrung with bad contracts, and no defenseman. The way the NHL does their cap, they're so jammed up. They're going to have to package reinhart or kane PLUS cash PLUS a prospect, just to get rid of a moulson or ennis contract. The other probably gets bought out.

Pierre LeBrunVerified account @Real_ESPNLeBrun 4h4 hours ago

More

Constant turmoil with the Bills and Sabres. The passionate fans of Western New York deserve so much better.

Was honestly just thinking on my drive home, what has this fanbase done as a whole to deserve such trash franchises?

I have zero confidence in the Pegulas' longview. How could you at this point? They appear to be nothing but marketing people, which would explain why they love Russ so much.