Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think the #2 spot was up for grabs after Williams was cut?

Williams didn't even play the year before.

Let's think....rookie who didn't play in 2015 or a vet who is coming back in his second year in the system?

I'm guessing you think players can't move up in the depth chart after their first year....Gillisee was always a #2 back right?

So in other words, don't keep the proven commodity. Instead, kick him to the curb, and hope that what is behind door #3(old let's make a deal reference) can fill the role.

Sounds like a solid plan to me.

Easy to say a replacement backup RB can simply be drafted late, but that would require ignoring how good MG has been. Various advanced stat places rank MG up there as the most efficient RB in the league. Burkhead, another Pats target, is generally right behind him. DVOA and other advanced stats measuring efficiency can be skewed by sample size sure, but it is highly telling that the Pats roll out of another championship season targeting these 2 guys. MG may actually be worth the extra $$$.

NFL Live crew raving about what a genius move this is and how this is the last piece of the puzzle for the Pats*. They also said they are clearly trolling us...

This is too funny. The Bills can't do anything right. The whole sports world appears to know this yet the World Champs look to sign their cast offs. Too funny.

Thad Brown Retweeted matthew

You can find A GUY to be backup RB in lots of places. Likely an adequate one. But not likely as good as Gillislee.

This!

Match the offer. It won't break us.

Replying to @JoeBuscaglia

Gillislee led the league in YPC and a few other categories. He's likely better than a 5th rd pick.

This too!

At a minimum, Gillislee is worth a 4th round pick.

I'm in the let him go and use that 5th round pick on a RB to obtain similar production with a better value for a longer contract duration....too many other issues to address than sign on for an overcompensated back-up RB...with Shady in town, that's what this truly becomes....just IMO of course.

Edited by BigBuff423

Joel Cory of CBS just said on the Murphy Show there is a real problem with the Bills here as this generally does not happen to other teams. They could of put 2nd round tender for about $1M more.

Did Murph excoriate him on air as a result?

This is a mistake by the FO. They should have put the 2nd round tender on him and we wouldn't have this issue. It would have been the cheaper option as well now.

Whaley still "okay?"

Who would you rather go against twice a year? Gillislee, Blount, or Peterson?

I think Whaley had no intention of resigning him and wanted that 5th round pick. He knew no one would give us a 2nd round pick, do went with the 5th round tender. I expect a big back to be drafted, like Da'Onta Foreman or Conner.