Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

There will be decent RBs available in the 5th round. We got Karlos 2 yrs ago. Other teams have done it too. More recently the beast known as Jordan Howard, 2nd only to Zeke last year in yards and pretty much the entire offense for Chicago.... was taken (drumroll please)

in the 5th round!!!!

Take a chill pill ya'll. Getting batty around here.

Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right because he is the reason they went 7-9...Or had ANYTHING to do with that...You've got to be kidding me with that... :lol:

And if the Bills went 12-4 this season he wouldn't be the reason either, get it?

Honestly Bills fans, he's a backup, get over it...

Edited by T-Bomb

Nice that the Bills didn't value a change of pace back who has shown he can produce when given the opportunity. Instead, we now have McCoy and a bunch of FB's or FB wannabees.

Keep up the good work Whaley.

This. If our old RB1 goes down, would you rather have Jonathon Williams carry the mail (together with the benefit of the extra fifth round pick on the roster and the benefit of the cap space added following gillislee's departure) or have gillislee pound the rock (less the cap space and the extra body)? I'd take gillislee, but I could be talked into going the other way if there is a good plan for RB2 if gillislee leaves.

9 fewer catches for 250 fewer yards is not equal production.

Moreover, Goodwin was hardly a known quantity.

My point is simply that there needs to be a plan to replace productive players beyond "let's hope"

Well then revert to Hogan's 2015 numbers when he was a Bill, basically, the same numbers as Goodwin in the same RUN HEAVY offensive scheme and had 2 fewer catches than he did last year with 200 yards less. Wonder what Goodwin's numbers would look like with Tom Brady throwing him the rock? Probably boost up that YPC average some.

2015 BUF GP 16 GS 4 REC 36 YDS 450 YPC 12.5 LNG 46 TD 2

FYI those are Hogan's numbers in the Bills offense.

Edited by Captain Murica

This is exactly how restricted free agency works. First, the player would be crazy not to assess his value on the open market, So he did so. The Bills would be crazy to place too high a tender on him because they might then overpay for the guy. So they place a reasonable tender for a backup RB, and they find out the market for the guy. NE sets the market, the Bills can decide to match the offer, offer a better, longer term deal, move on, etc.

I'd work out a longer term deal to help with cap with more guaranteed dollars over the term of the deal myself. Gillislee is a good second RB, worth a reasonable investment.

Why can't we keep them in the first place?

Hogan and Gillislee were street FAs the Bills found and signed. They performed effectively enough to get RFA offers higher than where the Bills value them because they were ... street FAs. But, we have yet to see where the Bills truly value Mike. We don't know what the extension talks have looked like.

Replying to @SalSports

Obvious move was to put 2nd rd tender and negotiate long term. Whaley gonna lose Gilly or caproom. Either way another mistake for him.

As Yolo points out, the 2nd rd tender moves your negotiating start point up a million.