Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Leroi says smokescreen

Where is LeRoy saying this? Not saying you are making it up, I just want to be up to date with Leroi's info.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....millions??....I'd bet the top GM makes 2 mil, a helluva lot less than most players he signs, with a guaranteed dollars just like those players....year 55 for me following this damn game and I'm STILL convinced the draft and FA are not an exact science...never have been never will be...once a guy signs a deal for million(s), no way to measure what is in his head or heart about EARNING that money......not like the NFL world starting with administration, to coaches to players ALL adhere to Vince's saying, "winning isn't everything, it is the ONLY thing"......

It is definitely not an exact science, meeting with the players should be a huge advantage over the average draft pundit. I imagine that is where the best GM's gain their advantage.

Elway is at 3 million per, Schneider is at 3.75, two of the higher ones that I could find. I couldn't find details on Whaley's contract but even at 1 million per, when you ink a 4 year guaranteed extension that is a nice amount of money.

The Bills have been as tight lipped as possible about anything in recent events, including the TT extension... and now all of a sudden Terry makes appearances, which will obviously be seen, with these QBs?

Sorry, not buying it, this is as big of a smokescreen as it comes.

I could not have said it better my self. I've made many posts over the last few months about having to draft a QB. We could have 20 picks in this draft it would not matter who we got. Unless we get a QB were not going anywhere. So let's stop pretending and let's draft

a QB like Mahomes so we can turn this franchise around. Trubisky is a Rob Johnson want a be. Please I will be physically I'll if we draft that guy. The game changing event will occur if the Bills get Mahomes. He is the next great one.

Sheesh you can like a guy without being 100% sure everyone else is wrong. I promise you people have been just as sure about QBs that were terrible in the NFL. Don't vomit all over yourself if we take a defensive player instead. Edited by HappyDays

It is definitely not an exact science, meeting with the players should be a huge advantage over the average draft pundit. I imagine that is where the best GM's gain their advantage.

Elway is at 3 million per, Schneider is at 3.75, two of the higher ones that I could find. I couldn't find details on Whaley's contract but even at 1 million per, when you ink a 4 year guaranteed extension that is a nice amount of money.

...Elway I could certainly understand.....player, 2X Lombardi and a Bronco lifer loyal to Pat Bowlen, who sadly is battling Alzheimers at 73....flip side is the Millen debacle....and now the Niners experiment with John Lynch....and I'm sure Whaley is well paid....BUT....Pegula now has his "sea legs", is on firmer footing and expects results.......lousy results may lead to Dan B's "adios" in Sabreland soon......Matthews/Leafs and McDavid/Oilers are in the playoffs in short order....Eichel/Reinhart/Sabres are booking tee times....not what Terry paid for.............

"optimum" scouting? How's that working out?

Anyway, why would college QB seek out the Bills organization to determine whether he declares for the draft? id he give them the old..."so....would ya?"?

If they had "strong interest throughout the season," I'm figuring this means our scouts and GM made their interest clear. It would not be ridiculous for a player to ask that team what they thought about where he would be drafted. If I thought my floor was #10 in the first round, I might declare for the draft.

If we move into the top 5 to take one of these QBs I'm going to be physically ill.

And I will join you, but it would not surprise me. Whaley appears incapable of being patient and simply letting the draft come to him.

here's what seems to happen with Bills fans and QBs:

Bills fans: You have to pick a QB. Why aren't you picking a QB. Draft a QB, for God's sakes.

(The Bills draft a QB. Like EJ. Or JP. Or Cardale. Or trade for one like TT).

Bills fans: Not THAT guy!!

If Whaley and McDermott think that a guy like Trubisky is really worth their top pick, and even more worth moving up a bit to get him (although I can't see how you can have that much faith in a kid that's played 13 games in college), then fine. Draft him. I won't blast them for doing so, nor will I blast them if he doesn't pan out. I'd be critical if they spend a lot of other picks to get him, as that generally doesn't work out for young QBs. But drafting a QB in round 1 is successful less times than it works. QB's go in round one because of the position they play and the importance put on the position, not because they actually belong as round 1 picks if you're going just on actual talent.

Yeah, there is some question whether the Pegula's were even football fans before they bought the team.

There was initially this story about how they lived in Orchard Park during the SB years.........but then it came out that they had never been to a game at the Ralph until they OWNED the team? :doh:

We love them for keeping the team in town but to say their ownership is off to a shaky, seemingly meddlesome start...........is an understatement.

Even McDermott seemed to be an owners pick more than the choice of the head of the football department.

I haven't seen any evidence that Whaley wasn't/isn't in McD's corner. I've seen lots of sportswriters continue to predict Whaley is on the way out, but until it happens that's certainly not the message coming out of OBD.

Edited by eball

Leroi says smokescreen

Link?

here's what seems to happen with Bills fans and QBs:

Bills fans: You have to pick a QB. Why aren't you picking a QB. Draft a QB, for God's sakes.

(The Bills draft a QB. Like EJ. Or JP. Or Cardale. Or trade for one like TT).

Bills fans: Not THAT guy!!

If Whaley and McDermott think that a guy like Trubisky is really worth their top pick, and even more worth moving up a bit to get him (although I can't see how you can have that much faith in a kid that's played 13 games in college), then fine. Draft him. I won't blast them for doing so, nor will I blast them if he doesn't pan out. I'd be critical if they spend a lot of other picks to get him, as that generally doesn't work out for young QBs. But drafting a QB in round 1 is successful less times than it works. QB's go in round one because of the position they play and the importance put on the position, not because they actually belong as round 1 picks if you're going just on actual talent.

Here are Bills fans "Wait until next year because this years crop sucks" Its been a 20 year theme minus Andrew Luck (who BTW Still hasn't gotten Indy to a super bowl despite his hype)

This QB class is ideal for a QB starved team that doesn't hold a top pick. It has a variety of guys with different skill sets who all grade out from mid/early first to early third round depending on who you trust. It provides an oppurtunity to address the position without overpaying. I hope they find a guy and nail it.

I'd be all for Trubisky at 10. Give him a year to sit behind Tyrod and cut him lose after that.

What happens when Taylor gets injured and you're forced to play Trubisky, instead of "giving him a year to sit behind Tyrod," and he gets hit/sacked a million times and winds up being just another Trent Edwards?