Marrone: "We have to rebuild Bortles' Foundation"

TPS

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UCF's Blake Bortles is the best quarterback prospect in this year's draft class, according to NFL Films producer Greg Cosell.

"I would say he's more of finesse thrower than a true power thrower at this point, but I think there's a lot to work with, with Bortles," Cosell said on the Ross Tucker Football Podcast. "I think ultimately he's a pocket passer who can execute boot action. He can extend plays and he can run effectively if that's what you want to do. So, I think that he's someone I would look to as, given time, he could be a quality NFL starter."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330178/article/cosell-blake-bortles-is-best-qb-in-2014-nfl-draft

EJ's foundation was built on flatus and moon beams, so.....nothing you could do there...

Who knows, but he certainly didn't get the chance to develop. I suppose it was klutzy Kolb's fault...

Brees was already a Pro Bowl QB when Marrone got him and Payton is the one working with him. I'm sure Marrone and Hackett will do wonders for Bortles' development.

Yep.

Bortles will master the 1 yard screen pass to the Tight End.

Brees was already a Pro Bowl QB when Marrone got him and Payton is the one working with him. I'm sure Marrone and Hackett will do wonders for Bortles' development.

hasn't Hackett already been working with him for a year? The one where he regressed to the point he needs to be rebuilt.... by Marrackett?

I liked Bortles coming out and I actually liked his play in 2015 when he got tabbed as a "garbage time" guy which had a semblance of truth but was an exaggeration.

He was putrid in 2016 though. It was a major step back and his throwing motion went totally to pot. There are a lot of stories coming out about his work ethic and if he doesn't put the work in he will definitely fail. I have little confidence Marrone and Hackett are the men to out him right but build a line and establish a running game must be the starting points.

Nate Hackett: "we're gonna have Blake throw it until he pukes!"

I liked Bortles coming out and I actually liked his play in 2015 when he got tabbed as a "garbage time" guy which had a semblance of truth but was an exaggeration.

He was putrid in 2016 though. It was a major step back and his throwing motion went totally to pot. There are a lot of stories coming out about his work ethic and if he doesn't put the work in he will definitely fail. I have little confidence Marrone and Hackett are the men to out him right but build a line and establish a running game must be the starting points.

That's exactly right, he looked like he needed a pitching mound for that slow delivery he developed. He looked disinterested last year, a poster here brought that to my attention. I was fuming at ARob for failing me but in that game it looked like he was going to knock out Bortles.

I hope they get things straight down there I like some of the talent.

can you really fix a qb this far into it (i know he's at least a 3rd year guy if not 4th)? I know guys like gannon were much better as they moved into their 30s, but at what point do you just move on? all this being said, i really don't know much about bortles career.