Marrone: "We have to rebuild Bortles' Foundation"

TPS

Would have been far more appropriate for St Doug to use the term *resurrect" rather than "rebuild"

....exactly....St Doug is known for resurrection powers....no one knows he helped Moses with the Red Sea parting deal...............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you really fix a qb this far into it (i know he's at least a 3rd year guy if not 4th)? I know guys like gannon were much better as they moved into their 30s, but at what point do you just move on? all this being said, i really don't know much about bortles career.

Kinda rookie struggles year 1, significant upswing year 2, then regression year 3. Year 4 is make or break.

Who knows, but he certainly didn't get the chance to develop. I suppose it was klutzy Kolb's fault...

He was given the same chance as nearly every 1st round QB ever.

And no really still believes that Kolb was going to start over the 1st round draft pick....do they?

He was given the same chance as nearly every 1st round QB ever.

And no really still believes that Kolb was going to start over the 1st round draft pick....do they?

....would that be BEFORE or AFTER the Great Mat Attack?....guy was concussed 5 times before being signed and had no noodle left......Top 5 WORST EVER deals in OBD lore IMO......

He might have started the first 2 or 3 games at most but they were gonna turn that team over to EJ as soon as possible. No way he sat his rookier year.

all this being said, i really don't know much about bortles career.

Two years ago he threw for more yards and TDs in a season than any QB in Bills' franchise history, so I don't think you close the door on him just yet. That being said, turning him over to Nate Hackett at this stage in his career seems like cruel and unusual punishment.

can you really fix a qb this far into it (i know he's at least a 3rd year guy if not 4th)? I know guys like gannon were much better as they moved into their 30s, but at what point do you just move on? all this being said, i really don't know much about bortles career.

All Ryan Leaf needs is to have his foundation rebuilt from the ground up

Brees was already a Pro Bowl QB when Marrone got him and Payton is the one working with him. I'm sure Marrone and Hackett will do wonders for Bortles' development.

Bortles is over rated because of where he was drafted. This kid looks more & more like just a guy.

Point 1 - Marrone is an arrogant douche.

Point 2 - there is approximately zero chance that Marrone and Hacket make Bortles a better QB.

You know I actually think Marrone is a decent HC but he has to let go of the offensive reins, cut Hackett lose and bring in a real OC. If he just focuses on the overall operation I think he can be effective.

Maybe Blake will play soft turtle and Coughlin will flip during strength training. and we can get Blakester for Vet min. I would love that

You know I actually think Marrone is a decent HC but he has to let go of the offensive reins, cut Hackett lose and bring in a real OC. If he just focuses on the overall operation I think he can be effective.

yet to be proven, But i get why you say that.