Todd Heap accidentally kills 3 year old daughter.

Yo no se

I live in fear of this sort of thing, to the point that I walk around the car and check the near surroundings for kids and make sure I know exactly where everything and every one is before I get in the car and start it. And I don't even have kids.

I'm almost paranoid about it. To the point that, if I see a kid before I get in the car, but then can't see the kid after, I will get back out of the car and check behind to make sure they didn't get behind me when I wasn't looking. It's just such an awful thing, and so damned easy to happen.

Sometimes a little paranoia is a good thing.

Our friends who suffered a similar tragedy are still together about 25 years later. A minor miracle in itself.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a matter of if you can go on: it's how do you cope with this tragedy to go on. He has four other children and I'm sure they're all still fairly young. He can't just check out, much less kill himself. If he's a man of faith, that's where he'll have to turn.

This will take a major toll on his marriage. While his wife will try to be understanding, but she will still have that nagging feeling that it was his fault. Hopefully they can stay together for themselves and the remaining kids.

this is about as a sad a thing as I could imagine happening to anyone. I'll add the hardest thing and most important first step might be finding a way of forgiving himself in addition to all that you are pointing out.

It's not a matter of if you can go on: it's how do you cope with this tragedy to go on. He has four other children and I'm sure they're all still fairly young. He can't just check out, much less kill himself. If he's a man of faith, that's where he'll have to turn.

This will take a major toll on his marriage. While his wife will try to be understanding, but she will still have that nagging feeling that it was his fault. Hopefully they can stay together for themselves and the remaining kids.

Well said. While a horrible tragedy, hopefully counseling and his faith will ultimately make him realize how much he still has to live for...and also help deal with the grief.

While some of us may have experienced a horrible tragedy in our lifetimes, for those who have not, this is just a reminder how lucky you are. These things happen quite often in the city you live in.

Well said. While a horrible tragedy, hopefully counseling and his faith will ultimately make him realize how much he still has to live for...and also help deal with the grief.

While some of us may have experienced a horrible tragedy in our lifetimes, for those who have not, this is just a reminder how lucky you are. These things happen quite often in the city you live in.

I've lived around the country this doesn't happen quite often!

Its a family tragedy, similar to a drowning or car accident. You always need to be vigilant with the little ones.

God Bless his family, I would be done.

They need to keep going with these sensors all the way around and under cars. The self driving technology has really pushed this capability to where it's here now, and it works.

This stuff has to end. One death is too many. I hope Todd uses his celebrity like JK did with Hunter and pushes for new legislation. Name the bill after his little daughter and turn this tragedy into something with meaning.

I've lived around the country this doesn't happen quite often!

Its a family tragedy, similar to a drowning or car accident. You always need to be vigilant with the little ones.

God Bless his family, I would be done.

I meant children dying at a young age...not necessarily by being run over in a driveway.

Poor bastard. Effed himself for life. It will haunt him and his family till the day he dies. So sad.

Why does **** like this have to happen....

I'd have leaned more to focus on "horrible pain lessens with time, focus on the remaining children and wife and let the pain subside over time", but that's me.

Effed himself for life may have some weight, but......live it out. Do the best you can.

It's just amazing how fragile life can be. Simple thing of moving your car and this happens. I have a 7 month old and i don't know what I'd do if something happened to him let alone me causing it. I hope he finds some peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mere thought of losing my son literally gives me shivers. I physically shake my head in an effort to remove the thought. I cannot imagine this man's pain. This is one of the saddest, most tragic, stories I've ever read. RIP to his little girl and prayers to Todd Heap and his family.

Poor bastard. Effed himself for life. It will haunt him and his family till the day he dies. So sad.

Why does **** like this have to happen....

We had neighbors that had the same thing happen with their 2 year old son. After a couple of years they moved, supposedly to a bigger house but I wondered if they needed to leave those bad memories behind. I think I would. The dad also bought a new pickup with a large backup camera.

I don't have any kids, so I probably don't feel quite the same degree of empathy that many here do. I just know that it's about the worst case scenario, you could possibly have, for losing your child. My deepest sympathies go to the family, and I hope they can pull through it, together.