why draft a raw QB when we've got Cardale on the roster

Commish

I love it, people clamor for us to draft a QB, we draft a developmental type in a fitting round and already people write him off.

There is no pleasing Bills fans at all.

I've said it since they drafted him - right idea, wrong player.

Cardale is a 1% success type of player but looking to invest in the position is something to persist with.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He finished up his studies and is getting his degree, good for him. The fact that Tom Herman is watching him walk across the stage tells me a little something about the young man and how he has matured. Good for him and I wish him well whether he takes a meaningful snap for the Bills or not.

Aside from perhaps Trubisky [and he's no sure thing] these are all project QB's in the draft.

We've already got one on the roster, Cardale Jones, who people say has a huge ceiling, and who looked like what you'd expect in his one quarter of play in late '16: a confident athlete with a monster arm but raw. I'm not saying he's going to be a great one, but why do many people [including the media] with no access his work on the practice field or classroom write him off already in favor of another raw QB?

There's only so many snaps at practice and so much time the QB coach can give these players...why add another raw rookie?

Cardale really just inst that good. But keep holding out hope

The pronouncements regarding Cardale on this forum are a bit crazy. When he was drafted last year, he was accurately described as an extremely raw prospect with high potential. Since then, no one outside of the Bills organization has seen enough of him to know how far he has progressed, or if he is on track to make a leap in 2017.

This is a situation where we have to trust the FO, and coaching staff. They cut EJ. They didn't cut Cardale. I'm assuming that we start TC with four QBs, whether we pick one up in FA, or the draft. If Cardale makes it onto the 53, I will assume that McD, et al, still see potential, and we may have something special in Cardale Jones.

The pronouncements regarding Cardale on this forum are a bit crazy. When he was drafted last year, he was accurately described as an extremely raw prospect with high potential. Since then, no one outside of the Bills organization has seen enough of him to know how far he has progressed, or if he is on track to make a leap in 2017.

This is a situation where we have to trust the FO, and coaching staff. They cut EJ. They didn't cut Cardale. I'm assuming that we start TC with four QBs, whether we pick one up in FA, or the draft. If Cardale makes it onto the 53, I will assume that McD, et al, still see potential, and we may have something special in Cardale Jones.

....not quite...sadly, EJ cut HIMSELF with his demonstrated ineptitude...NFL speed, complexity and zero confidence were his downfalls.....did I root for the kid to make it?...damn right...hell I couldn't make it as a kicking tee.....1,696 out of how many BILLION are privileged to be employed in the NFL?...no comparison between a 1st and 1 4th, but Cardale is now on the "show me" docket.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....not quite...sadly, EJ cut HIMSELF with his demonstrated ineptitude...NFL speed, complexity and zero confidence were his downfalls.....did I root for the kid to make it?...damn right...hell I couldn't make it as a kicking tee.....1,696 out of how many BILLION are privileged to be employed in the NFL?...no comparison between a 1st and 1 4th, but Cardale is now on the "show me" docket.....

I would kick you

Agree on C Jones,

lets see what you got kiddo...

Cardale really just inst that good. But keep holding out hope

Yeah, let's just cut him. He's played a total of about three quarters in three preseason games, throwing the ball to guys who are now bagging groceries. He played well in one of those outings, average in another and not so great in another. He also played the last quarter of one regular season game that the team was actively trying to lose. Were you at all the Bills' practices this past year? How is that you're so certain he "just isn't that good"? Should we just take your word for it and move on?

Edited by mannc

Did anybody see his casually thrown 66-yard throw at the OSU spring game?? That's the potential that I love about this guy!!

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/cardale-jones-gives-it-the-old-college-try-with-66-yard-throw-at-osu-spring-game/

He also out-threw J.T. Barrett flat-footed (see the bottom of the page): http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/4/15/15314014/cardale-jones-ohio-states-spring-game-2017?yptr=yahoo&ref=yfp