why draft a raw QB when we've got Cardale on the roster

Commish

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just saw him two weeks ago. He doesn't...

He does have a giant face, however!

He wasn't exactly in great shape when he ripped his shirt off when he was drafted.

But hopefully, like you said, he's in better shape. And he may be just one of those guys with a fat face.

He wasn't exactly in great shape when he ripped his shirt off when he was drafted.

But hopefully, like you said, he's in better shape. And he may be just one of those guys with a fat face.

He didn't look fat at all when I saw him. Shirt was on though. He's always had that huge face. Also he's enormous in person (tall, hands, etc). Looks like a DE.

HAHAHAHA....really? Have you not watched him play yet?

Look, I'm a fan if he can improve. Love the arm and I think the kid's a gamer for sure. But, accuracy is the name of the game. If it wasn't, EJ would still be here!

Hey Cardale, get into that Jets game and start throwing TDs!

He didn't look fat at all when I saw him. Shirt was on though. He's always had that huge face. Also he's enormous in person (tall, hands, etc). Looks like a DE.

Good to hear. I don't expect much from him but I hope we at least have another year of developing him. He looks the part but man, he also looks so raw.

Jones has great size, intelligence, athleticism, good mechanics, and a rocket arm. Is there some kind of huge flaw I'm not seeing? If not, then why is anyone talking about the Bills taking a QB high in the draft? Please someone explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKuO8fqaOU

One aspect that I find concerning is the fact that he hasn't won a QB battle since HS.

He seems a bit too happy-go-lucky and perhaps not focused or competitive enough to be a starter/leader.

We will find out.

You should never be afraid of upgrading because of a 4th rounder who had like 7 starts in college.

I think a QB will be taken only if we can trade down and get an extra #2, and only if the guy we want is still there. It's important to note that outside of Trubisky no QB is expected to be a starter this year. (And I'm skeptical of Trubisky for being a one-year starter. The track record of guys like that isn't good.)

I think a QB will be taken only if we can trade down and get an extra #2, and only if the guy we want is still there. It's important to note that outside of Trubisky no QB is expected to be a starter this year. (And I'm skeptical of Trubisky for being a one-year starter. The track record of guys like that isn't good.)

Agree but I do think a qb is more in play at 10 than you do.

I'm not the biggest Tyrod fan but I'm more than fine with him being a bridge guy while a younger guy develops. I really am warming up to Mahomes coming here and redshirt ing and I'm terrified of passing on Watson and him being good in the NFL.

Then why did we waste a pick on him?

The pick hasn't been wasted yet. And I don't think it is ever a wasted pick when it's on a qb who on paper has upside. If anything, the Bills should be drafting more qbs.

Good to hear. I don't expect much from him but I hope we at least have another year of developing him. He looks the part but man, he also looks so raw.

changing offenses will be a challenge because he was drafted for Roman's, but having Yates in the film room will help him tremendously.

I agree, draft players that can help the QB's we already have so they can succeed.

I would still like to get a better look at C Kelly, but thats about it.

like we have been doing for the past 17 years?

how about we try getting a good qb then building around them

I know for a fact he has trade value. IF they want to go that route.

What trade value and with whom? At least at this point.

I believe he was drafted to be a project. That's 2 or 3 years of development.

Projects are usually long shots. That's why so much energy is being expended in scouting this year's crop. If he turns out to be a good player down the line who is going to complain? I certainly won't. Having too many good players is not Buffalo's current problem. As I said in the prior post the coaching staff has an inkling of what they have in him. That's why they are keeping their eyes open for better options at the qb position.

like we have been doing for the past 17 years?

how about we try getting a good qb then building around them

We already have one, maybe two,

Can we play with all the toys we already have first and wait for a better draft class at the QB position?

We already have one, maybe two,

Can we play with all the toys we already have first and wait for a better draft class at the QB position?

You'll probably get your wish. I've been waiting for 20 years. The Bills are masters at not prioritizing top QB play.

What trade value and with whom? At least at this point.

Projects are usually long shots. That's why so much energy is being expended in scouting this year's crop. If he turns out to be a good player down the line who is going to complain? I certainly won't. Having too many good players is not Buffalo's current problem. As I said in the prior post the coaching staff has an inkling of what they have in him. That's why they are keeping their eyes open for better options at the qb position.

Right, you always look to improve. But you can't give up on a guy after a season unless he's a complete dud. He had a season to soak it all in. This year he tries to take the next step competing against Yates and maybe a rookie.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm not sure what people say CJ has a huge ceiling. But I agree with you generally.

I think we should draft a QB every other year until we find a franchise QB.

I think drafting QBs every year as some advocate is too much for a couple reasons:

(1) It's costly - draft picks are precious. We only have so many and there are other needs on the roster.

(2) We need to spend some time developing the ones we've already drafted - like Cardale.

In my mind, this is an off (non-QB) year. We drafted CJ last year and already have one raw talent to work with as you pointed out. And most scouts seem to think this is a bad year for QBs.

But if our scouts disagree with the prevailing wisdom and truly believe in one of these guys, then I'm all for drafting a QB this year.

Agreed, I'd hate to dump a guy until you know what you have and if he can be developed. Now, they may think they've seen enough to know, and that would be different. But I doubt it.