why draft a raw QB when we've got Cardale on the roster

Commish

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you not see another CJ thread? What he asked was not the problem, the problem is having two threads to talk about one QB, just like multiple Tyrod threads.

WEO's post flew right over your head

If Cardale was in this draft he would be considered one of the top QB picks. He needs reps under center and needs to learn to read defenses. Huge potential with Cardale. I like him as our #3 QB behind Tyrod and Yates this year. The Drafting a QB high this year looks like a smoke screen.

If Cardale was in this draft he would be considered one of the top QB picks. He needs reps under center and needs to learn to read defenses. Huge potential with Cardale. I like him as our #3 QB behind Tyrod and Yates this year. The Drafting a QB high this year looks like a smoke screen.

No he won't. He looked bad his last year in college against MAC teams. Qbs can come play well for a few games but the true test is when teams get tape on them and they have to adjust.

I still don't mind the pick because he has a lot of tools. But the odds of him developing into a NFL starter seems really small.

Cardale is a long shot. I am not writing him off. I assume after a year with the team, the Bills have a fairly good idea of his potential.

If they are high on him, they won't take a qb early this year.

You should never be afraid of upgrading because of a 4th rounder who had like 7 starts in college.

He's incredibly raw and all potential at this point. Had he stayed in school he would not have even started on a college team last year. He is the ultimate project. I hope he develops, and I'm cheering for him, but I'm not counting on anything.

all true. But he would have started at many different schools had he used his last year of eligibility. He was in a tough spot at osu because of the new staff/offense that came in after he was already here. He's a pro style QB, not an urban Meyer QB. That is why he wouldn't have started here, not because he isn't an NFL prospect. He was always the best NFL prospect at QB there but he doesn't run the RPO better than Barrett (or Braxton before that) so that's all that matters.*

There are multiple reasons he didn't transfer.

*to Urban

Edited by YoloinOhio

He's incredibly raw and all potential at this point. Had he stayed in school he would not have even started on a college team last year. He is the ultimate project. I hope he develops, and I'm cheering for him, but I'm not counting on anything.

his strengths are better for the pro game than the college game, which is what makes him such a prospect, as well.

all true. But he would have started at many different schools had he used his last year of eligibility. He was in a tough spot at osu because of the new staff/offense that came in after he was already here. He's a pro style QB, not an urban Meyer QB. That is why he wouldn't have started here, not because he isn't an NFL prospect. He was always the best NFL prospect at QB there but he doesn't run the RPO better than Barrett (or Braxton before that) so that's all that matters. There are multiple reasons he didn't transfer.

I didn't realize he's going to be 25 this year. His conditioning can't make any coach happy.