Ownership dined with Deshone Kizer after workout Saturday.

PIZ

If they draft one, does it mean the have decided Cardale isn't going to be an NFL QB? Tyrod, vet backup, and how many developmental guys?

my take on it is that no, they haven't decided. They don't have enough film on him to decide. But he was a 4th rd pick by a different staff for a different system, and someone everyone knew was a project ... and if they like one of this year's QBs enough to think he could eventually be "the guy", having Cardale on the roster isn't going to preclude them from drafting one. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're taking a QB high. Anyone doubt this?

no. Anyone who watched the Tyrod saga drag out January through March until they finally told him he could stay for half his pay because they couldn't find anyone else better, knows this. Edited by YoloinOhio

just don't pick him...mother of god don't pick him

Hopefully this is to throw the dogs off the scent. He is a slow eyed QB just like EJ. He can have all the measurables but if he is too slow to process and has a poor pocket presence, he will end up in the large trash heap of past NFL QBs.

I do. This is not the first time we've seen the Bills show heavy interest in the QB class and not take a QB high.

We may or may not, but there was a whole lot of smoke last year about drafting a QB in the 1st, and even trading up with the a Browns to #2, and we waited till the 4th.

I think it's 50/50 that we take a QB in the 1st this year. If they feel like there's a franchise QB to be had, and he's available at #10, I think they draft him. If not, they won't draft a QB until later.

I am very happy to see them doing their due diligence though.

Depends on what you classify as high. Rd. 1? No.

Rd 2? Yes, IF they can trade down and get an extra 2nd or 3rd.

If they stay at 10 or don't somehow pick up and extra 2nd or 3rd I

don't see them grabbing a QB in first 3 rounds. I think what

we're seeing is a good smokescreen.

no. Anyone who watched the Tyrod saga drag out January through March until they finally told him he could stay for half his pay because they couldn't find anyone else better, knows this.

Agreed that they're looking for a guy to bring in. But it's no guarantee that they find him this year out of these guys at the value we're willing to give for each guy.

I've stopped even having an opinion myself. Picking QBs is rough. You've got to do it, and you've got to do it repeatedly till you find the right guy. But you don't have to do it in any particular year and set of circumstances.

Agreed that they're looking for a guy to bring in. But it's no guarantee that they find him this year out of these guys at the value we're willing to give for each guy.

I've stopped even having an opinion myself. Picking QBs is rough. You've got to do it, and you've got to do it repeatedly till you find the right guy. But you don't have to do it in any particular year and set of circumstances.

This is exactly where I am.

In this draft class I think it is reasonable to see 2 or 3 guys sitting in the second round of the Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes, Kizer group. That is where I am thinking the qb will be selected if still there at 44. That said the Bills may determine they don't like any of these guys or not enough at 44. We can argue if those valuations are correct but at least they are out there doing the work.