Ownership dined with Deshone Kizer after workout Saturday.

PIZ

I've seen several draft people who think he's the best QB in this draft. I think Cards trade up to 33 and take him

Then why not us? Why waste a year of Tyrod's bridge qb deal? (I count Cardale as an extreme long shot.)

If Kizer shows promise, you can use two first round picks next year to build the roster.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why not us? Why waste a year of Tyrod's bridge qb deal? (I count Cardale as an extreme long shot.)

If Kizer shows promise, you can use two first round picks next year to build the roster.

maybe they will take him but I think Bills would need to trade up to get him

If the discussion is going to be pulled in the way of certain narratives, you guys should read this. It's important to know if you want to discuss him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/25/sports/ncaafootball/handed-lifes-twists-notre-dame-quarterback-turns-it-around.html?_r=0

Wow. Any update on how his girlfriend is doing? That is a tremendous source of anxiety to carry around.

maybe they will take him but I think Bills would need to trade up to get him

Oh, yes. Look up a few posts. I assume as much. They should do so.

If Notre Dame wasn't terrible last year, he would easily have been taken by 20 IMO.

Notre Dame was a mess last year. Kizer lost his LT, his #1 WR and his RB, all played well in the NFL last year. Corey Robinson was a team leader from 2015 and he quit playing football before 2016. Jaylon Smith was another team leader and left, Joe Schmidt graduated. Kizer got the job due to injury and ran with it, but Kelly put Zaire back into the fold without him really earning it. The defense was terrible and so were the WRs and expectations of "Notre Dame" and a potential national title run were put on his shoulders.. I watched the Showtime show following Notre Dame, they lost every single leader and player featured on the show after the season. It was a pretty tough spot to put a pretty young guy into.

I think it's possible the Bills take Kizer if the board falls that way. They certainly did their due diligence on all the QBs this year so they would be prepared. But I think it's equally possible they don't draft a QB at all and just bring in a UDFA. The way they set up the QB group with starter, vet backup who knows the offense, and developmental project, they don't have to take one this year. And they have an extra 1st next year to get one then. The point is they gave themselves options, so they don't panic and reach.

I remember that guy. He had a special moment.

Forums do that to people. Cause them to melt that is.

Drinking + forum posting speeds that process up.

Cheers :beer:

Sounds like B.S. if you ask me. Guys who really believe that in their heart wouldn't say it publicly.

Who the hell would want to root for a guy who talks like that?

Kizer is a dick. No thank you. Hope his failure is epic.

Part of being the best at anything is having an ego that let's you believe you are the greatest. This is not a negative if he keeps it healthy.

I have to think if the Bills loved Kizer, they'd have taken him at 27. 5th yr option on a QB, Browns, SF, and Saints looming after them, all in QB market

You're right of course. Makes sense if you're planning on sitting them for a year or two anyway.