Ownership dined with Deshone Kizer after workout Saturday.

PIZ

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley not with them , seems that way

2017 NFL Draft: Sean McDermott, Bills owners scout QB Mitchell Trubisky without GM Doug Whaley

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/10/2017-nfl-draft-bills-ownership-dined-with-qb-deshone-kizer-after-workout/

It was reported Whaley was with them. So who's right?

My issue with Kizer is he just is not a good football player. You can draw all you want on a board, Kizer just isn't it.

I'm not a big fan of Kizer either. He has the look of a QB but he wasn't impressive to me with his play.

Isn't Kizer's accuracy a legitimate concern though?

My post wasn't meant to be a call for us to draft Kizer. I just wanted to throw the video out there for people to see.

On the accuracy point, I've seen some beautiful throws from Kizer. But to be honest, I haven't watched enough of him to make a strong judgement either way.

Deshone Kizer checks a lot of boxes. The problem is that's not how you scout QB's. They can be big, strong, good arm, intelligent but if they can't play they can't play.

And this is the mystery in scouting qbs and it's hilarious how people try to give expert opinions on it. Aaron Rodgers had to reinvent the way he throw a ball in the NFL. If he was forced out there right away, he struggles and stupid fans and media want him benched. Instead, he gets 3 years of learning under a HOFer.

If the Bills draft any QB, it will be questioned because we suck at developing them. Now if GB or Ne drafted a guy like Kizer, people would think it's a great pick and believe the guy is destined for good things. It's more than just picking a qb but also the development and expectations that occupy them.

And this is the mystery in scouting qbs and it's hilarious how people try to give expert opinions on it. Aaron Rodgers had to reinvent the way he throw a ball in the NFL. If he was forced out there right away, he struggles and stupid fans and media want him benched. Instead, he gets 3 years of learning under a HOFer.

If the Bills draft any QB, it will be questioned because we suck at developing them. Now if GB or Ne drafted a guy like Kizer, people would think it's a great pick and believe the guy is destined for good things. It's more than just picking a qb but also the development and expectations that occupy them.

I am 100% in agreement with you that it's not just the QB, it's the development as well.

My post wasn't meant to be a call for us to draft Kizer. I just wanted to throw the video out there for people to see.

On the accuracy point, I've seen some beautiful throws from Kizer. But to be honest, I haven't watched enough of him to make a strong judgement either way.

I understand and I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth or anything. I was just going off of the point you made and asked about Kizer. I haven't watched as much of these guys as I usually do so I'm mostly going based on what I've read.

If the Bills pick any QB in this draft, combine that with the Yates signing----and you can reasonably deduce the Cardale is done as a Bill.

they packed a Lunchable for Whaley

Russ told me that Whaley couldn't figure out the Capri Sun. He punched the straw clear through the pouch and sprayed high fructose all over the table.

Deshone Kizer checks a lot of boxes. The problem is that's not how you scout QB's. They can be big, strong, good arm, intelligent but if they can't play they can't play.

OK, I'll bite. Please illuminate for us all the correct way to "scout" QBs. And please remember there is a huge space between "can" and "can't" play and player evaluations aren't done in a vacuum. That is doubly true when it comes to evaluating QBs.

I agree with the first part. The second part of your post remains to be seen because the "we" has changed. Whole new staff so nobody knows exactly what kind of offense will be run and how they will develop players.