Do you use Facebook or Instagram?

Another Fan

Not on either one of them. Always thought it was dumb for the most part. Then again I'm not the most social guy in the world.

Perhaps this site is the closest I come to utilizing social media if you want to call it that. How bout everyone else?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sisters got me on facebook years back; it's fine for connecting with extended family and old buddies but it gets tiring seeing the same people post crap constantly. And it gets really tiring seeing the same people endlessly crying over politics (the block function is mandatory during election years).

I mostly use it to post pics of the kids; Christmas, Father's Day, summer vacation, etc.

Edited by KD in CA

Not on either one of them. Always thought it was dumb for the most part. Then again I'm not the most social guy in the world.

Perhaps this site is the closest I come to utilizing social media if you want to call it that. How bout everyone else?

I like facebook because I can stay in contact with friends and family better than the occasional visit. never be in on instagram except to watch lifting videos.

I have accounts used to pay homage to family, friends, and coworkers that crave attention online.

I rarely post but when I do it is in response to another post and most likely sarcastic. I rarely accept new friend requests on FB unless it's somebody that pesters me about why I haven't accepted their friend request.

I did get back into Facebook for awhile after the election. All those melting snowflakes provided ample lol's

No on facebook as everyone's perfect lives just drive me nuts...amazing there are more "gifted" kids in this world then non-gifted.

Yes to Insta, Snap and Twitter.

Saw a great quote a few years ago" Facebook makes you hate people you know, Twitter helps you like people you don't "

As a parenof high schoolers...good to somehow find your kids and their friends finsta....that is where the real chit happens.

Ditto.

Along with niche interest message boards on double edge/straight razor shaving, luxury watches, fountain pens, religious idiocyncracies, other sports teams.

I "use" FB but more I just check the news feed for anything interesting (which there hardly is anything) or when I am bored. I am on twitter but mainly use that for news etc. I don't use IG but then again I am not one to take pictures really, although there apparently are some real hot IG models that you can check out :lol:

What is snap chat all about? That is one I don't use and don't really get the point

Apparently nobody uses Facebook, it appears they may go under.

I use both and Twitter. Since I've gotten into hiking, I enjoy taking pics as I go along and share them on Instagram. I use Twitter to get the last info, since it's usually posted there first. Facebook to keep up w/ friends and family.

not to sidetrack the original conversation, but.....

what do you consider hiking vs walking. Is hiking more off road and trails? I have valley forge park practically right next to my office, often times i go to the park, change into shorts, t, sneakers and do 4-5 miles. It's all paved paths and relatively flat. I am not going up hills or into wood. I go at a fairly good clip for walking, i try to average at or just under 15 min/mile. I hate calling it a hike because in my mind hiking is going up slopes, through unpaved forest trails etc.....but saying i went out for a walk makes me sound like an old guy that's out for a stroll in my velcro sneakers and mr. rogers sweater. such struggles i deal with in my head

Apparently nobody uses Facebook, it appears they may go under.

I use both and Twitter. Since I've gotten into hiking, I enjoy taking pics as I go along and share them on Instagram. I use Twitter to get the last info, since it's usually posted there first. Facebook to keep up w/ friends and family.

not to sidetrack the original conversation, but.....

what do you consider hiking vs walking. Is hiking more off road and trails? I have valley forge park practically right next to my office, often times i go to the park, change into shorts, t, sneakers and do 4-5 miles. It's all paved paths and relatively flat. I am not going up hills or into wood. I go at a fairly good clip for walking, i try to average at or just under 15 min/mile. I hate calling it a hike because in my mind hiking is going up slopes, through unpaved forest trails etc.....but saying i went out for a walk makes me sound like an old guy that's out for a stroll in my velcro sneakers and mr. rogers sweater. such struggles i deal with in my head

no attack on anyone who gets out there and does some exercise

call it what you want