ESPN removes Sage Steele from NBA Countdown

dpberr

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/04/05/sage-steele-replaced-on-espns-on-nba-countdown-amid-networks-decision-to-limit-political-commentary.html

I wasn't aware any of this occurred. Replaced by Michelle Beadle, who increasingly looks like a person who hates her job.

Smart move by Sage. She can now increase her salary ten-fold at Fox News now.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sage was good. Loss for ESPN to remove her from that show. And she is not the only ESPN person making political comments. They all do it, and it's annoying. Unless it's sports related (kneeling during the Anthem) I prefer to get my political news from news channels. I watch sports to relax. Yes, sometimes they intersect, but not that often.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/04/05/sage-steele-replaced-on-espns-on-nba-countdown-amid-networks-decision-to-limit-political-commentary.html

I wasn't aware any of this occurred. Replaced by Michelle Beadle, who increasingly looks like a person who hates her job.

Yea that job typically goes to a model-type with a sleek look like Steele and the jowly Beadle probably tires of the hours of makeup prep to look like somebody she's not.......which kinda' undermines her "one-of-the guys" shtick.

matthew had ex-wife and ex-girlfriend troubles

michele was likely advised to move on

That's speculation. What we do know is that Barnaby hates garage doors, thinks driving on the right is completely arbitrary, and believes three wheeled performance vehicles are the future of automotive engineering. Lets stick to the facts.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/espn-matthew-barnaby-dui-sabres-269919

I think Sage was good at her job and knows sports. That said, when you work for someone and represent them, you have to toe the company line, or at least not slap it in the face. I've never been a big Michelle Beadle fan as I think he tries to cover up her lack of knowledge by making strange, unrelated comments.

I can't believe Disney is still keeping ESPN around. It's been hemorrhaging money for years.

It really just needs to be nothing but actual sports broadcasts and sportscenter. Y'know, the two things people actually turn to ESPN to see.

You do realize that "actual sports broadcasts" are what is making ESPN hemorrhage money, don't you? Broadcasting rights contracts have killed it ESPN, they have way overpaid and they over-saturated the market. Sports on tv used to be special, now it's every single night on 7 different channels. Should have kept it simple like the 90s:

12 am - 2am: 30 min - 1 hour shows focused on sports that are currently active - ex. baseball tonight, nhl tonight, nba tonight, etc.

2am - 12pm: SportsCenter. Record the 2am SC and replay it over and over again with pretty much all highlights of the day. Get rid of all the crap commentary, contributors and extra junk. Show me highlights, some interviews, top 10 plays, etc.

12pm - 4pm: Random recorded sports. Think world strongest man, ping pong, darts, curling, whatever.

4pm - 6pm: Various talk shows: PTI, Around the Horn, Up Close (remember when they actually did 30 min interviews with athletes). This is all the talk show crap this station needs.

6pm - 7pm: SportsCenter. Not this SC6 crap that is absolutely unwatchable. Best highlights from day before, news of the day (the business sides of sports really), and setting stage for biggest games of the night.

7pm - 11pm: Live sports (not same sport every single night...see College BB season and FB season currently - 2-3 nights per week max of same sport). Original programming (30 for 30 for example - this used to be every Tuesday and a lot of Fridays) etc.

If this was the schedule again, I know I would be watching a whole lot more. Instead, I get my sports fix from MLB Network, NFL Network, live games, and the internet.

Edited by Mark80

I can't believe Disney is still keeping ESPN around. It's been hemorrhaging money for years.

It really just needs to be nothing but actual sports broadcasts and sportscenter. Y'know, the two things people actually turn to ESPN to see.

Yeah, get rid of First Take, Dan Le batard show, and whatever else there is.

Yeah, get rid of First Take, Dan Le batard show, and whatever else there is.

I have no idea what the Dan Le Batard show is trying to do. That show would easily be in a UHF sequel.

I have no idea what the Dan Le Batard show is trying to do. That show would easily be in a UHF sequel.

Yeah, basically a Troll show, they ask people random dumb questions. I think they asked Wade Phillips if he eats bbq sauce on his spaghetti or some crap.

Anyone who expresses remotely conservative opinions on ESPN gets canned while the left wing looney bins can say whatever they like. I haven't watched ESPN (with the exception of Chris Berman's NFL Count Down in years. I won't watch it at all now.

see curt schilling.. mike ditka. you are spot on.. but tony kornheiser can rant against conservatives.. and he is still on.. case closed

Edited by dwight in philly

see curt schilling.. mike ditka. you are spot on.. but tony kornheiser can rant against conservatives.. and he is still on.. case closed

Knew he was going to get canned, his views were always opposite of his counterparts on the show like Tom Jackson, Cris Carter, and Keyshawn but once he endorsed Trump it was all but over.

Or maybe because he would fall asleep during the show and was noticeably starting to lose his marbles. And Schilling's comments clearly crossed the line.

Knew he was going to get canned, his views were always opposite of his counterparts on the show like Tom Jackson, Cris Carter, and Keyshawn but once he endorsed Trump it was all but over.

:thumbsup: yup

Or maybe because he would fall asleep during the show and was noticeably starting to lose his marbles. And Schilling's comments clearly crossed the line.

but kornheiser's didnt.. go away for crissakes.. you make no sense

Yeah, basically a Troll show, they ask people random dumb questions. I think they asked Wade Phillips if he eats bbq sauce on his spaghetti or some crap.

Lebatard show is the goat sports show

What they said was Wade Phillips looks like a guy on the label of BBQ sauce.

Also

Roy Williams looks like a judge at the Westminster dog show who is giving the ribbon to a cocker spaniel handled by Brad Stevens

Russel Wilson looks like a dolphin trainer at SeaWorld

Anyone who expresses remotely conservative opinions on ESPN gets canned while the left wing looney bins can say whatever they like. I haven't watched ESPN (with the exception of Chris Berman's NFL Count Down in years. I won't watch it at all now.

Agree espn is beyond lame. Ditka and Simmons got shown the door.

Can't believe they having axed Lebatard yet.

What is going on in here? Its like a simple shopkeeper arriving for work in the morning only to find that people have smashed all the windows, pissed all over the carpet, kicked in the door to the basement, woken up his gimp, and then strapped themselves down to leather pony.

What is going on in here? Its like a simple shopkeeper arriving for work in the morning only to find that people have smashed all the windows, pissed all over the carpet, kicked in the door to the basement, woken up his gimp, and then strapped themselves down to leather pony.

Sounds like my Saturday mornings after a good Friday night out in town.

No, ESPN still makes huge money, tops of all cable networks, but it's headed the wrong way. it's hemorrhaging paying subscribers, which will eventually catch up with them. as soon as they turned ESPN Mag into HuffPo, The Magazine, i lost all interest and stopped my insider sub

I think Sage was good at her job and knows sports. That said, when you work for someone and represent them, you have to toe the company line, or at least not slap it in the face. I've never been a big Michelle Beadle fan as I think he tries to cover up her lack of knowledge by making strange, unrelated comments.

Agree with this^^^^