PFT: McCoy's absence not contract related

What?!?

Jeezus, I don't understand what goes through some of your minds.

That's a little over the top don't you think? You find it impossible to even think that an obviously hard-nosed, no nonsense coach and a player with a history of speaking his mind and having public spats with a coach are not getting along? You're right that is crazy

Edited by HT02

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the pissing and moaning that happened here about McCoy missing these workouts, a lot of you are in no position to complain about this article.

That's a little over the top don't you think? You find it impossible to even think that an obviously hard-nosed, no non-sense coach and a player with a history of speaking his mind and having public spats with a coach are not getting along? You're right that is crazy

He had public spats about a coach that destroyed a franchise, traded it's cornerstone players for peanuts, and got fired from two franchises in the span of two years.

Perspective baby. Have some.

...veteran leaders "lead" by example, especially with a new regime.....divas pull the "Iverson card".....have ZERO use for mega million divas......game was built on guys like Billy Shaw leaving his full time cement mixing job to play for Bflo at a whopping 18 grand a year and then went back to his full time job...couldn't retire until 66 because that's when his Social Security kicked in......

For all the pissing and moaning that happened here about McCoy missing these workouts, a lot of you are in no position to complain about this article.

He had public spats about a coach that destroyed a franchise, traded it's cornerstone players for peanuts, and got fired from two franchises in the span of two years.

Perspective baby. Have some.

Wow I wish I were as cool and smart as you, coming up with conversation ending lines like that. Despite being "put in my place" I'll respond.

To recap:

I originally write that I get the sense that there is some tension brewing between the Bills and McCoy based on the subtle digs I when I read McDermott's statements about McCoy not attending the voluntary work out and McCoy's prior vague statements that seemed to indicate he was leaving. I didn't take sides with either the coach or the player, I don't know enough about what is really going at 1 BD to do that.

Someone over reacted to my post as if it was INSANE to speculate on that.

In reply I pointed out that McDermott seems to be a "no-nonsense" my way or the highway guy and McCoy has been pretty outspoken. It is certainly possible that they might not be seeing eye to eye. Again not blaming anyone just throwing out a suspicion or speculation which I hope is incorrect.

Can we have conversations and express opinions without the drama and personal attacks?

....Bruce "Mo Money" Smith is old news...let's talk about NOW and ending the 17 year drought..........

NOW it is 5 months until opening day. Even if it rains every night at the strip club getting all worked up because Shady isn't stretching with the boys is pretty sad. When it's time to cut on a dime, Mr McCoy will let you know.

Yeah but when is it OK to start expecting the expected from players?

Like I said, hopefully he shows up tomorrow.

Just not a good look to start.

When they unnecessarily extended him I expected he wouldn't be in Buffalo to see the extension years........I still expect that.

This no-show just adds that little bit of intrigue to what should have been a fully attended first OTA...........it's a small show of disrespect to the new HC/staff........not much, but something.

I don't take it for more than that......but McDermott seems like he wants everyone in the organization on one page......as opposed to past regimes where many exceptions were granted.

Can't be.....just CAN'T BE! Do you think McDermott doesn't know what "voluntary" means! And why are you getting so worked up about stretching yoyo? It's just stretching......

Will Badol melt down with hot Shady takes ? Stay tuned.

Whose yoyo? Wasn't she a rapper in the early 90's ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Wow I wish I were as cool and smart as you, coming up with conversation ending lines like that. Despite being "put in my place" I'll respond.

To recap:

I originally write that I get the sense that there is some tension brewing between the Bills and McCoy based on the subtle digs I when I read McDermott's statements about McCoy not attending the voluntary work out and McCoy's prior vague statements that seemed to indicate he was leaving. I didn't take sides with either the coach or the player, I don't know enough about what is really going at 1 BD to do that.

Someone over reacted to my post as if it was INSANE to speculate on that.

In reply I pointed out that McDermott seems to be a "no-nonsense" my way or the highway guy and McCoy has been pretty outspoken. It is certainly possible that they might not be seeing eye to eye. Again not blaming anyone just throwing out a suspicion or speculation which I hope is incorrect.

Can we have conversations and express opinions without the drama and personal attacks?

did not pick up that vibe here. we all have commentary. We have enough folks who make it personal alrady methinks

NOW it is 5 months until opening day. Even if it rains every night at the strip club getting all worked up because Shady isn't stretching with the boys is pretty sad. When it's time to cut on a dime, Mr McCoy will let you know.

he surprised me last year for sure.

but that aint what this is about.

It's Team building

it aint just stretching. Thats bs.

Shady wants to do his own thing? tis what it tis. but it's something and not nothing he is doing not showing up

That's a little over the top don't you think? You find it impossible to even think that an obviously hard-nosed, no nonsense coach and a player with a history of speaking his mind and having public spats with a coach are not getting along? You're right that is crazy

Not at all. It's a silly take.

There is no reason for anyone to get worked up,but if a guy is making 7-8 million a year to play a game, don't you think he should get his ass to voluntary stretches, come on everyone else is present why is he special? Team chemistry is developed like this and you have a lot of new staff on hand.

I won't debate those who aren't capable of differentiating between facts and wild opinions.

So you know for a fact that McCoy is happy with the Bills and vice versa? You clearly don't know what a fact is.

he surprised me last year for sure.

but that aint what this is about.

It's Team building

it aint just stretching. Thats bs.

Shady wants to do his own thing? tis what it tis. but it's something and not nothing he is doing not showing up

Ever tried to make a horse drink?

There is no reason for anyone to get worked up,but if a guy is making 7-8 million a year to play a game, don't you think he should get his ass to voluntary stretches, come on everyone else is present why is he special? Team chemistry is developed like this and you have a lot of new staff on hand.

you know what they say about expectations?

mccoy is a phenomenal talent, but is a total low life.

that party he threw a few years back where he wanted to dress the women attending was a major reveal.

that's all you really need to know, but it's nice of him to do something wack every once and a while just to remind us.

like i said though, phenomenal talent, and probably the best player on the team last year - dude has a lot of leverage.

mccoy is a phenomenal talent, but is a total low life.

that party he threw a few years back where he wanted to dress the women attending was a major reveal.

that's all you really need to know, but it's nice of him to do something wack every once and a while just to remind us.

like i said though, phenomenal talent, and probably the best player on the team last year - dude has a lot of leverage.

Yes, I agree with you Johnwalter. Having the ability to dress the women attending his party is a TALENT within itself.

He's the 2nd highest paid RB in the league. How was this even considered a question?

Guaranteed dollars of course being a major issue at times- recall he demanded the new deal when under a hefty contract already.

As a RB of a certain age he could've been looking at signing one more deal before 30... just spitballing the could have and why some might discuss it,not asserting it's what was

So you know for a fact that McCoy is happy with the Bills and vice versa? You clearly don't know what a fact is.

So far the only piece of information to even remotely suggest otherwise is that Shady missed a voluntary workout to celebrate his child's birthday. Shady has publicly supported McD, and McD has publicly supported Shady. Shady is extremely well compensated.

Now, you tell me why I shouldn't critique your take as silly?

Minicamps are right around the corner for NFL teams.

OTA offseason workouts: May 16-18, May 23-25, June 5-8

Voluntary minicamp: April 18-20

Mandatory minicamp: June 13-15

Lets see who shows up and who doesn't. Then I might actually worry about missing players.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

shady to busy to come to voluntary but has time to throw shade at kiko

LeSean McCoy calls Alonso a bum in Instagram battle

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19124618/lesean-mccoy-calls-kiko-alonso-bum-instagram

Radio-hot take by Shady...........he's going to be good with former Eagle and 2x all pro DE Hugh Douglas on 92.9 The Game sports talk radio station in Atlanta, GA. :thumbsup: :lol:

So far the only piece of information to even remotely suggest otherwise is that Shady missed a voluntary workout to celebrate his child's birthday. Shady has publicly supported McD, and McD has publicly supported Shady. Shady is extremely well compensated.

Is that the same child that he abandoned several years ago? The same child that he basically labeled as a mistake on twitter for the whole world to see? The same child he wasn't paying child support for until the child's mother called him out for it? That child?

He either finally decided to take a more active role in the kid's life, or he just uses the kid's birthday as a convenient excuse to dodge other responsibilities. Gun to my head and forced to bet which, I know what my money would be on.

This would be most welcome as the worst story about Shady this offseason.

And it's not worthy of bother in the first place...

what's my point ?.....several

#1- the shady trade is not a lopsided win for the bills.

#2- shady is a superstar. IMO last years best player on team. he is earning his high salary.

#3 - I don't like investing franchise tag money for a RB.

taking salary cap into consideration for the first 3 years, that trade was shady for kiko AND any $6mil/yr free agent (lets use Richie incognito at $5 mil)

which is a better use of salary cap....all your eggs in one basket with a legit $8mil/yr superstar

or spread the salary cap and risk of injury over several players ...say kiko, gilislee & Richie combined under $8 mil