Bruce Arians: "Only 1 draftable QB ready to start".

PIZ

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitchell Trubisky. A nice man named Ryan told me so in the shoutbox. He also offered to send me a large bag of candy if I would mail him a pair of my dirty socks. Weird.

pAjRS53.gif

sitting for a year or even two would be the wisest approach with a rookie. that would include any on that list.

Arians wants to draft one so the smoke screen tactic is being used here imo. would he move up?

maybe the bills could trade out of 10th? no, they wont do that.? for a pick or two?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Arizona is in a good position to trade up because they have a number of comp picks projected for next year - including a 3 rd and 4th. This would make them feel more comfortable about trading a 2nd this year plus a 3rd or 4th next year to move up 3 spots

I think the Bills would be very lucky to extract a second round pick to move back only three slots. Can't imagine the Cards would throw in more picks on top of that. I do think a trade with the Browns or Cards is the Bills' most likely trade back scenario, though. I would be happy to come away with the Browns' high third rounder.

If they think that any of these QBs are long-term answers, then I don't care if they are ready to start this year or if they need a season or even two to learn and improve.

The idea that you just can't take a player in the first round if they aren't immediately ready to start as a rookie is very short sighted. Many rookies, even at positions other than QB are not immediately ready to start.

Now, I'm not sure that any of these QBs can be a long term answers, so my post is not necessarily advocating that the Bills draft a QB in round 1 or any round for that matter.

Bruce Arians: "Only 1 draftable QB ready to start".

Who is he referring to?

1. Trubisky.

2. Watson.

3. Kizor.

4. Mahomes.

5. Webb.

6. Kaaya.

7. Peterman.

8. Evans.

9. Kelly.

10. Other.

http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/21862/bruce-arians-on-draftable-qbs-only-one-guy-ready-to-play-right-away

Holy Mel Kiper this Arians dude is going out on a limb here. Check 2013. O were ready to start and none ready at all as it turns out.

So Coach Arians. Who is it??

Bruce Arians is one of the NFL's top QB gurus. If he is seriously considering taking a QB at 13 then maybe this QB class isn't as bad as some have told us.

So he says publicly 1 qb is ready, drafts a qb, misses on that qb...never works again. He better be really sure his one guy is a day one starter cause if he's not Bryce is done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Tis the lying season enjoy it but believe nothing you hear or read coming from the NFL regarding the draft...

Yeah, I wonder what really happened at the 1983 draft with the Dan Marino drug rumors that caused him to drop. Anybody ever hear anything? Did Shula start the rumor?

He HAS to be talking about Mahomes. He just HAS to be. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, Arians could be talking about any of the four or five that are mentioned by everyone. They have been previously linked to Kizer, they have met with the other three, but the one they have had the most interaction with is Davis Webb. They were at his Pro Day and they had a private workout with him. The Cards aren't taking a QB in the first, but don't be surprised if they make a move on Webb in the 2nd.