I don't buy the Bills aren't possibly moving

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, those threads were SO enlightening. I asked one simple question in that thread and all of you supposed pundits didn't even attempt to answer it. It turns out that, yes, El Pegual can own BOTH the Bills AND the Sabres at the same time due to a little know loophole (which may close in the future).

Yes, those threads were SO enlightening. I asked one simple question in that thread and all of you supposed pundits didn't even attempt to answer it. It turns out that, yes, El Pegual can own BOTH the Bills AND the Sabres at the same time due to a little know loophole (which may close in the future).

dun. dun, dun, dun... OMG then this story must be true! Thanks Jauronimo.

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

I told you: going by his legal alias allows him to own both teams.

As long as the NFL doesn't invoke the nuclear option and change the rules on us, then they can't do anything to usurp El Pegual's power.

I was worried when LA had no team. I don't think their is another city except St. Louis that would be willing to put up a significant amount of money for a stadium and the Bills. Here in Portland they will try to get hockey before the NFL. Paul Allen owns the Blazers and Seahawks so he is not going to let another team into the Pacific NW.

The problem will be can Buffalo afford a new stadium. It can't be done with local money. The only way is if the state kicks in a big sum of money.

St Louis can have the Jags if they don't move to London.

You're joking if you think they'll be called the "Toronto BIlls"

The Toronto BIlls would fail financially. The border crossing is a PITA. 10K from Canada to Buffalo is one thing, 50 K from WNY into Canada would be a herculean event.

But what do I know.

Is it weird to you that all of a sudden a bunch of people on here now think that the NFL determines where a team plays? It is kind of freaking me out. I thought after Ralph died everyone had a damn good understanding of how the process worked. Now we have people saying, "Goodell is going to move us."

All of a sudden?

Nah....the majority of posters here don't even understand what Goodell does for a living---but that's probably because he does it so well.

People "love" NFL football, but "hate the NFL". Yeah, maybe I should hate the NFL for bringing me a lot of free football which I love to watch.

People are crazy.....

I don't give a damn what Terry and Kim say. I guess some of you still believe the media and in Santa and the easter bunny. Buffalo aka WNY, can NOT afford a new stadium, sorry no. Fans in WNY can't afford PSL's and jacked up ticket prices, parking prices etc.

Now all of a sudden the NFL dude says its right for the Pegulas to back off working on a new stadium for awhile? Sorry folks am an old realist and right now, in light of THREE Teams moving, I say the plan is to move to Toronto.

The NFL wants a team there badly, they can support the new stadium, will pay to get the Bills there and it makes the NFL more money. If you buy this Bull crap of "oh they have the greatest fans, they have history there blah blah blah" I don't know what to tell you.

The NFL does not give one S#@! about us the fans, they don't care about the history of Buffalo. They care about money, and if they get a new stadium in a big new market by moving the Bills, the Bills are gonna move no matter what the Pegulas say publicly.

No go ahead and rant and whatnot on this thread, it won't matter in the long run if you do or don't. I am just looking at a financial reality with the NFL, and the WNY market.

You have not heard? The Packers are moving to Toronto because that is what Goodell wants.

Terry Pegula is going to be co-owner with Goodell. They will be officially corporately known as the Toronto Pegasus. They will be known as and go by the Toronto Pegs.

Like the NY Metropolitans go by NY Mets.

There are a good number of solid posters who came over from bbmb. There are also some I could do without...

No kidding. I initially scoffed at the old-timers who warned of a coming decline, but it's true that the quality here has dropped markedly in the last month or so.

I came from the other board and hope I'm not diminishing the experience of the veterans around here. As to the topic, I have always felt KIm Pegula may have been more the driving force behind the purchase of the Bills given her childhood and college ties to the area. Regardless, if you look at what they are doing with respect to Pegulaville, etc it seems clear to me the Pegulas have a long term interest in WNY and the success of the teams they own there.

No kidding. I initially scoffed at the old-timers who warned of a coming decline, but it's true that the quality here has dropped markedly in the last month or so.

The BBMB required a certain number of posts before someone could start a thread. I notice that TBD doesn't have that requirement, but we can't add a signature until we've hit 100 posts. That seems odd. Not that I care about the sig, but it seems like you could reduce the bad threads just by requiring a minimum number of posts.

For the record, I haven't created a thread here.

On the bright side, wasn't about $200 million pumped into stadium improvements a few years ago.

I know, this isn't as good as a new stadium, but it's something. But yea.. I'm sure Pegula and the rest of the NFL want a new stadium. And yea, they will expect the state to pitch in to have it built.