You are my sunshine, my only sunshine Jerry

Look at the culture of well-respected organizations like the Giants and Steelers--a reflection of the manner in which the Maras and the Rooneys run their franchises. Now take a look at the culture of the Bills' organization over the last 17 years--speaks volumes (sorry the buck doesn't stop at Doug Whaley or with any other GM, it stops a few steps up the food chain).

And, on a related note, I concur with the remarks of previous posters who did a much better job than I ever could of pointing out the situation Whaley stepped into and what he's had to deal with during his tenure ... has the guy ever been able to be a real GM and if not, isn't it unfair to judge him as though he has?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good conversation for sure and I don't think you're rooting against Whaley. I think you're points are certainly reasonable and you may very well be correct.

I'll make one last point. If I'm Whaley - I'm feeling awfully unlucky. I build a fantastic defense and start concentrating on the offense. A buffoon coach does the exact opposite - he ruins my defense, I get unlucky with my 2016 draft with injuries and the offense ends up playing well enough had the defense just merely showed up it could have worked.

Ryan did a ton of damage no doubt. Watching a 340 (at least) pound Dareus stand still and wave his hands was almost as sickening as watching him drop into coverage. They could have given Marcel a cane and played "Singing in the Rain" in the background, this after Rex promised that the team would be a "Bully."

Whaley has to stop with the radical desperation moves. I know that times are tough but trading away a #1 and a #4 to move up for a receiver is a bad move when the qb (HIS choice) is EJ Manuel.

He was on his way to doing that. Then the Pegulas bought the team and cherry picked Rex Ryan, who cherry picked Tyrod Taylor. Now we are what our record says we are. That's not on Doug Whaley. Not by a long shot.

It's sad when Rex Ryan can pick better QBs than Whaley.

I must be in the minority. I seem to enjoy Sully's rants and for the most part I concur with his articles.

As mentioned, Whaley deserves plenty of blame. However, the blame travels upward and downward. OBD remains dysfunctional and yet so many here refuse to acknowledge it. I suppose its more fun to be optimistic? I tend to look at the picture in a macro point of view. My biggest problem with Whaley is his inability and ineffectiveness to bring unity to the team. In fact, I think he has created and promoted instability. As I have stated before, the team needs to share the SAME vision and game plan to build a winner. That clearly hasn't happened under Whaley's tenure.

I must be in the minority. I seem to enjoy Sully's rants and for the most part I concur with his articles.

As mentioned, Whaley deserves plenty of blame. However, the blame travels upward and downward. OBD remains dysfunctional and yet so many here refuse to acknowledge it. I suppose its more fun to be optimistic? I tend to look at the picture in a macro point of view. My biggest problem with Whaley is his inability and ineffectiveness to bring unity to the team. In fact, I think he has created and promoted instability. As I have stated before, the team needs to share the SAME vision and game plan to build a winner. That clearly hasn't happened under Whaley's tenure.

You are

Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to present to you, the First Couple of Two Bills Drive: Thurman#1 and Bill from NYC

So last month you couldn't spell TwoBillsDrive....now you is the KING.

Typical of a new refugee. Destroy your own country and then mock the one that rescued you.

Good conversation for sure and I don't think you're rooting against Whaley. I think you're points are certainly reasonable and you may very well be correct.

I'll make one last point. If I'm Whaley - I'm feeling awfully unlucky. I build a fantastic defense and start concentrating on the offense. A buffoon coach does the exact opposite - he ruins my defense, I get unlucky with my 2016 draft with injuries and the offense ends up playing well enough had the defense just merely showed up it could have worked.

I want to see what this year brings and I know you do too. I know we have a few holes but that's not an uncommon thing - However I'm not disheartened by our roster. It's a talented group with a lot to like about it.

Pretty much this.

Sully's track record for the past 17 years mirrors that of The Bills.

Al Davis said it best. "Just win baby!"

Personally, I welcome the opinions of others - I just wish JS wasn't so toxic in his prose. He seems to have a vengance and cares more about being bold than being right or persuasive.

Maybe he is right but what if he's wrong? Whaley Has made some helpful moves here and the dagger that often stabs Whaley is that he picked EJ. Two things:

1.) It has been stated that Whaley didn't want EJ that high - wanted to trade down where he felt he would still be but Buddy Nix's last draft was to have a stud QB before he left and BN made the call.

2.) Even though EJ has not panned out - sadly he probably WAS the best QB from the bunch that year.

I am a BB Fan and wanted Rex to work out however in retrospect now I am glad he is gone. Maybe someday I will feel the same way about Whaley - however - he has courage to make moves that are intended to bring Talent here where the Coaches are supposed to shape them into the scheme to Win games.

If Whaley doesn't speak on behalf of the team - so what?! Do your valued job and get us the best players and do not overspend (we have seen we are doing that this season already where we have 3 WR for the price of one that left (Goodwin). Flame away if you need to but I am off to Mass so can't reply for a while.

Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to present to you, the First Couple of Two Bills Drive: Thurman#1 and Bill from NYC

Nice, join here and bash a couple of respected long time posters. Well done. You can leave now.

I want to see what this year brings and I know you do too. I know we have a few holes but that's not an uncommon thing - However I'm not disheartened by our roster. It's a talented group with a lot to like about it.

I tend to agree.

another article to fan some flames.

Ryan made everyone look bad. and set the team back plenty.

"This is like Trump telling Sean Spicer he's still the press secretary but won't be allowed to run the daily press briefing."

Uh...no, it is nothing like that at all. Speaking to the press is the press secretary entire job. A GMs job is first and foremost to manage player personnel, media relations is not near the top of a GMs job duties (despite how important the media think they are). Guy is the flat out definition of a hack writer and the BN should be embarrassed to employ him.

Ryan did a ton of damage no doubt. Watching a 340 (at least) pound Dareus stand still and wave his hands was almost as sickening as watching him drop into coverage. They could have given Marcel a cane and played "Singing in the Rain" in the background, this after Rex promised that the team would be a "Bully."

Whaley has to stop with the radical desperation moves. I know that times are tough but trading away a #1 and a #4 to move up for a receiver is a bad move when the qb (HIS choice) is EJ Manuel.

Whales has made his glaring errors with out question.

So last month you couldn't spell TwoBillsDrive....now you is the KING.

Typical of a new refugee. Destroy your own country and then mock the one that rescued you.

....don't remember his name from BBMB......then again, the majority of the PG-13 gang there each had 27 different log ins so Mom couldn't catch 'em posting during homework time.......

Personally, I welcome the opinions of others - I just wish JS wasn't so toxic in his prose. He seems to have a vengance and cares more about being bold than being right or persuasive.

Maybe he is right but what if he's wrong? Whaley Has made some helpful moves here and the dagger that often stabs Whaley is that he picked EJ. Two things:

1.) It has been stated that Whaley didn't want EJ that high - wanted to trade down where he felt he would still be but Buddy Nix's last draft was to have a stud QB before he left and BN made the call.

2.) Even though EJ has not panned out - sadly he probably WAS the best QB from the bunch that year.

I am a BB Fan and wanted Rex to work out however in retrospect now I am glad he is gone. Maybe someday I will feel the same way about Whaley - however - he has courage to make moves that are intended to bring Talent here where the Coaches are supposed to shape them into the scheme to Win games.

If Whaley doesn't speak on behalf of the team - so what?! Do your valued job and get us the best players and do not overspend (we have seen we are doing that this season already where we have 3 WR for the price of one that left (Goodwin). Flame away if you need to but I am off to Mass so can't reply for a while.

Don't forget best backup in the league.