You are my sunshine, my only sunshine Jerry

I understand what you're saying for sure. I don't love everything he's done but I don't ever blame not finding a QB on a GM - ever. It's complete and utter luck.

I also can't blame him for not comprising of mostly draft picks - he's drafted 4 times. It's not even mathematically possible that's his fault. They had to totally turn over a roster devoid of talent (Nix and he).

Whaley has been through some serious obstacles of instability. He becomes GM very late IMO of 2013. The owner dies almost exactly one year later. Team gets purchased during the season and a psycho coach quits. Then everything I mentioned about Rex and I forgot to include Rex firing the OC during the season. From a personnel standpoint those have been some difficult things to overcome. He's found some serious gems in free agency and while he's not a drafting ace - I'd sure like to see Shaq, Ragland, Listenbee, Washington, Jones, Williams and Seymour play more before I say he needs to be fired. I feel good about the 2016 class. If Ragland balls out - I won't give two craps about that 4th round pick to move up.

He tried to hit a home run with Watkins - hindsight says that may have been ill-advised but it's not like he swung and totally missed with Watkings, he's an excellent player.

I agree with this. You make great points. GM's cant control what schemes the coach runs....like an overly complicated defense. Whaley also cant control injuries. I think he did a good job of bringing in people off the streets to help plug inury holes. The only one that seemed like a back fire was Harvin but then again Whaley didnt have many choices. I think Whaley should be given this season to see what his draft picks can do in different systems under a disciplined coach

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this a little confusing:

Whaley has become a mute, emasculated figure. He's not allowed to speak for the organization anymore -- even on the rare occasions where they used to trust him.

How many times has McDermott, or anyone else in the organization spoke since the draft luncheon? Once?

Maybe everyone at OBD is an emasculated mute? Please send Buddy The Wonderdog to confirm...

I found this a little confusing:

Whaley has become a mute, emasculated figure. He's not allowed to speak for the organization anymore -- even on the rare occasions where they used to trust him.

How many times has McDermott, or anyone else in the organization spoke since the draft luncheon? Once?

Maybe everyone at OBD is an emasculated mute? Please send Buddy The Wonderdog to confirm...

McD is free to speak for the team whenever he wants. Whaley no longer is.

Pretty simple.

So when mcd starts giving typically vague answers to typically intrusive question will local media and pitchfork junkies run him off stage too.

YES, YES they will.

Right now McD is the immortal, all knowing, savior to the dreamers. They want turn every facet of the team (GM) over to him because he is, of course, infalible too.

BUT - That is a very high platform to fall from. Unfortunately, coach McD will become HUMAN in the fall and then the winds of discontent will start to blow.