What are your top 5 tv shows of all time ?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't have HBO, do yourself a favor and borrow or steal someone's HBO Go login and go watch The Wire. It might be a tad outdated with the pagers and old flip phones, but it doesn't matter. It's an incredible journey through various aspects of crime/police/politics/school in Baltimore with some of the best characters in television.

I've been meaning to watch it for years and I finally started and finished the first season this past week. Awesome show. Can't wait to get into it more.

Also, all 5 seasons are now on Amazon Instant Video, so that's good news for those without HBO accounts.

If the greatness of season 1 continues, it might hop into my top 5.

Edited by Wooderson

No "Bay Watch" fans?

We used to have a guy @ work (he since retired 7 years ago) that we couldn't drag away from the boob tube when "Bay Watch" was on during its original run! LMAO... What a perve! :-/

Hey /dev... And you think "Free Cell" playing is bad! ;-)

Maybe he self identified as a lifeguard.

I've been meaning to watch it for years and I finally started and finished the first season this past week. Awesome show. Can't wait to get into it more.

Also, all 5 seasons are now on Amazon Instant Video, so that's good news for those without HBO accounts.

If the greatness of season 1 continues, it might hop into my top 5.

Should be in everyone's top 5. It gets way better but iirc some didn't love season 2 as they just want nonstop Stringer Bell and the Barksdales. The Sobotka's and the Greeks and the docks are awesome too imo.

Monk

Always Sunny

Star Trek

WKRP

Law and Order (Original)

Monk was a family tradition. Our youngest son was totally hooked and we also enjoyed it. When he was a HS Senior and star QB of the football team, he'd get home on Friday game nights in time to take a quick ice bath, watch the local sports highlights, then settle in for the Monk replay at 11-11:30? Special days. :)

I don't know if it's in my top 5, but I have been DVR-ing the hell out of Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In. It's on 2x a day M-F on the Decades channel that Comcast carries. I loved it as a kid, some of the jokes are very dated, but there's still a lot of laughs. :thumbsup:

I find an odd comfort in those dated jokes.

Reruns and new shows from my childhood:

1. Star Trek- loved Mr. Spock

2. Gilligan's Island- awesome seeing Skipper hit Gilligan with his hat

3. Buck Rogers- seeing Erin Grey in those skin tight spandex space pants did something funny to my underwear. Same thing occured watching Daisy Duke in Dukes of Hazzard.

4. Chips- Cops catching bad guys rules

5. Fantasy Island- De plane, De Plane.

I have thought about my list too much since posting it and have decided that I need to post my second list. There's too many good shows I didn't mention.

I'll consider it a top 10 in no particular order.

Master of None

Flaked

-those two only have one season currently out so things could change there

Chef's Table (including the France one)

Impractical Jokers

South Park

On the British show talk, I agree with row_33. I find it hard to understand what is being said a lot of the times. I find the premise of the shows that others have mentioned interesting but cannot understand enough of what is being said to get into the show. I'll keep trying to watch them though.

Chappelle's Show and Key and Peele deserve to be on the list too. OK, I'm done now. Maybe.

I have seen Impractical Jokers at the bar, and that show is hilarious! Chef's Table looks awesome. Mike Colamencos real food is another another one of my favorite shows. http://www.pbs.org/food/shows/mike-colamecos-real-food/

http://www.thirteen.org/programs/mike-colamecos-real-food/

Amazingly, they've all came out this century and I can't believe I'm leaving Seinfeld off of this, but......

1.) Breaking Bad - best show from beginning to end I've ever seen. Awesome premise, at least four complex, intriguing characters. Never bored.

2.) Game of Thrones - read all the books before it became a show and have been impressed with the HBO series. Nice recovery from a bumpy season 5 last year.

3.) Curb Your Enthusiasm - not one bad episode out of 80 or so made thus far. What other comedy show can say that?

4.) Sherlock - I binged watch the "miniseries" I guessed you'd call it and was captivated in each episode. Cumberbatch and Freeman both outstanding.

5.) The Wire - Yeah. I wanted to hate it because everybody was telling me how great it was, but it was a fantastic series.

I haven't seen The Sopranos yet. Honorable mentions would be Seinfeld, NYPD Blue, 24, The Americans, The Norm Show, The Office, Peaky Blinders, and Lost even though they lost their way at the end there.

I. Can't wait for the second season of master of none

I have thought about my list too much since posting it and have decided that I need to post my second list. There's too many good shows I didn't mention.

I'll consider it a top 10 in no particular order.

Master of None

Flaked

-those two only have one season currently out so things could change there

Chef's Table (including the France one)

Impractical Jokers

South Park

On the British show talk, I agree with row_33. I find it hard to understand what is being said a lot of the times. I find the premise of the shows that others have mentioned interesting but cannot understand enough of what is being said to get into the show. I'll keep trying to watch them though.

Chappelle's Show and Key and Peele deserve to be on the list too. OK, I'm done now. Maybe.

i watch king of queens all the time, love the show, but every once in a while it dawns on me how despicable "Doug" and "Carrie" are as human beings, 2 of the most selfish SOB's ever, but it's a funny show and when Leah Remini is hot...she's uber hot!

King of Queens

Breaking Bad

Suits

Friday Night Lights

Scrubs

CBF

King of Queens

Breaking Bad

Suits

Friday Night Lights

Scrubs

CBF