3 reasons Bills shouldn't use 10th pick on TE O.J. Howard

pbanach

"For its first overall selection, the Bills need a day one starter at a thinner position like S/CB/LB or WR that can make an impact as soon as he lands. The defense could use some help after losing 3/4 of its secondary and with receivers Bob Woods and Flash Goodwin going going back back to Cali Cali, there’s a void at that position too."

http://nysportsbiz.com/2017/03/14/3-reasons-bills-shouldnt-use-10th-pick-on-alabama-te-o-j-howard/

O.J. is a mismatch as a 6' 6", 245 lb. receiver. 4.51 in 40. Good blocker at college level. A lot of athleticism. Run a two tight end set with Clay, Watkins, Shady and another WR to be determined later could be formidable. Considering the back problems that Clay has had in the past, O J might be a consideration. I would still consider a CB/ Safety to be a higher priority, but OJ would not be a horrible choice. If a real good CB could be found in round 2, then I could see grabbing a potential elite TE at 10.

I am going to choose to go with the experts to make this decision. If they feel his value is that incredible and he can make a huge difference in our offense becoming better then do it. I heard he was an outstanding pass blocker and receiver so I won't cry over it if they grab this guy in round 1. Someone on here said the draft is deep on tight ends so don't grab 1 in the first round but from what the NFL scouts are saying it is a deep draft at a lot of positions so that excuse needs to be thrown out. I think we are going wide receiver in round 1 but again all I care about is that the Bills get it right and we won't know that until the games begin.

me?

no.

the pbanana dude. he comes here to plug his site and articles.

if it means so much to him to generate discussion he would do so by contributing here. instead he is a nitwit who wants us to leave this site to make him someone and give him a name with his click bait.

no.

the pbanana dude. he comes here to plug his site and articles.

if it means so much to him to generate discussion he would do so by contributing here. instead he is a nitwit who wants us to leave this site to make him someone and give him a name with his click bait.

Ohhh ok ok lmao I was like what is going on! Gotcha! thanks for the heads up brother haha! GO BILLS

I think TT could find a 6'6" WR over the middle. Remember Jalen Hurts was a freshman QB for Alabama who didn't need to throw a lot to win. OJ could be very intriguing prospect for the Bills at 10. Potential high ceiling prospect. Would be a "safe pick" at 10 if he is even there at 10.

The thing I don't like about OJ Howard is that there are questions about his commitment to football and love of the game. That's one trait that I just can't overlook in a prospect.

I totally agree with that.....drafted players should be "football players" and not athletes or it will show later on

What is interesting is Logan Thomas comps are almost all better then Howard as a athlete.....and was the top TE coming out of high school

....who switched to QB (which is the money maker position)

This leads me to believe that it wasnt because he couldnt play TE but because he COULD play qb

I like Tyrod, but spending the 10th pick on any pass catcher is a mistake.

draft for the offensive and defensive lines instead

I agree with the philosophy of building a team from the lines out, but the offensive and defensive lines are two of the Bills strongest units. I would go WR with #1 and secondary with picks #2 and #3.

I agree with the philosophy of building a team from the lines out, but the offensive and defensive lines are two of the Bills strongest units. I would go WR with #1 and secondary with picks #2 and #3.

I generally agree with those positions in some order. I don't think line value is there at 10, unless something whacky happens.

I like Tyrod, but spending the 10th pick on any pass catcher is a mistake.

draft for the offensive and defensive lines instead

With Tyrod we should just fill the team with FBs that way blocking for Tyrod running around will come easy and our WRs won't be playing hurt all the time.

we will NEVER get the QB of the future if you keep putting it off today

having said that we need a stud WR, RT, QB & DB with our first round pick.....

I don't expect a stud at QB till Whaley is gone.2019 can't come soon enough

"For its first overall selection, the Bills need a day one starter at a thinner position like S/CB/LB or WR that can make an impact as soon as he lands. The defense could use some help after losing 3/4 of its secondary and with receivers Bob Woods and Flash Goodwin going going back back to Cali Cali, there’s a void at that position too."[/size]

http://nysportsbiz.com/2017/03/14/3-reasons-bills-shouldnt-use-10th-pick-on-alabama-te-o-j-howard/

I agree with you here. He could really help IMO even more than a Davis or Wiliams, but we need more help on D! The other team in New England* just picked up a few new shiny toys and we need to counter that!

The thing I don't like about OJ Howard is that there are questions about his commitment to football and love of the game. That's one trait that I just can't overlook in a prospect.

Agreed, but, especially in a top half of the first round pick!

It will be interesting to see how the new coaching staff evaluates a player like Logan. If Logan can make the transition from QB to TE and at least get on the field this year, he could certainly be an asset on offense. Definitely a big question mark at this point.

Another interesting aspect of OJ is that he is the type of player teams become enamored with. If Buffalo shows interest in him but let's it be known they would rather trade down, a team like the Giants might see the need to trade giving Buffalo extra picks which they definitely could use.

You dont draft a TE in the first let alone top ten.

OJ ran a better 40 time than Mike Williams. Maybe, not the most important stat but since a number of fans want a WR in the first, it is interesting that OJ is a bigger, faster, better blocking Mike Williams.

1) No he didnt

2) Straight line speed in shorts is not how you measure game speed. When, if ever do players run in a straight line for 40 yards?

3) And since when does ability and production go to the way side for an effin 40 yard dash time?