Who's good with OJ Howard at 10?

njbuff

Back in 2014, I wanted Eric Ebron at 9 for the Bills.

Now it's 2017, and even though I think Clay is outstanding and will be the biggest beneficiary of Dennison's offense, the need for a big time talent is still there.

This is where Howard comes in.

He is 8,000 more times the prospect Ebron is and the Bills could use him and Clay all over the place in Dennison's offense.

For me, the perfect pick at 10 (if he even lasts to 10), but it requires that Taylor throw the ball to these guys too.

Plus he has an awesome catch radius for even the worst QB's imaginable.

What do you think?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a WR or CB makes sense at #10. I do like Howard though. maybe a trade back if possible and pick Howard.

Yeah, I love him, but at 10? Trade back and if the top 2 WR's are gone he'd be match up hell for defenses.

Get another pick trading back and still get a great DB. Now, if only someone will accommodate us?

I'm definitely not OK with Howard at #10...Or a TE in the 1st 3 Rounds unless we trade down and grab extra picks...

Too many holes and too much money allocated already at TE...

It would be such a Bills move...And this is a VERY deep TE Draft...There will be TE talent later...Not Howard...but we already have a high paid TE...

Howard is a stud...But it's poor team building...said it when they Drafted CJ...The Bills can't afford luxury picks, and this is the type of move that always backfires on this organization...Draft a TE high when your QB can't even find the one you already have...Forget about the fact that you still have HUGE needs elsewhere, and only 6 picks...

I can totally see Whaley doing it though... B-)

I would feel a lot better about the pick if Taylor could hit his TE over the middle...perhaps the new offense will force him to do this AND throw in rhythm...if he can't, we will hopefully be drafting a guy who can.

Edited by JaCrispy

I have heard from my sources they're going in the defensive backfield with the first selection. WR is the 3rd and beyond they don't value that as much if a need as the fans do. I would like to see WR being more valued, but according to my sources they are focusing on S/DB.

I have heard from my sources they're going in the defensive backfield with the first selection. WR is the 3rd and beyond they don't value that as much if a need as the fans do. I would like to see WR being more valued, but according to my sources they are focusing on S/DB.

are you an insider?

I'm an outsider. Like Steve Christie.

Edited by YoloinOhio

O.J. Howard is a stud, but I would not take him at 10.

Deep draft for Tight Ends, get one later.

Jake Butt, Jeremy Sprinkle, or Michael Roberts.

are you announcing a pick this year?? If so, I think you might announce your boy "Jake Butt" whether or not his name is the one on the card.

You can play dumb like Warren Beatty!

are you an insider?

I'm an outsider. Like Steve Christie.

No, just an aspiring member of the media who has developed relationships with the right people. On the old forum i broke that Tyrod deal was done a week before it was announced, and that it was a restructure instead of just a signing of the deal. My friend recently told me about this site so I enjoy my personal favorite team Bills.

If Denison wants to play mostly 2 TE sets this makes a lot of sense to be honest. I was against it a few weeks back but after a lot of thought, he's a perfect fit in this system. It also allows us to move on from clay after this season if he can't stay healthy. A great target is a great target, wether it be WR or TE. If the FO thinks he can be. More dynamic player in this offense than Davis or Williams, I'm behind it.

No, just an aspiring member of the media who has developed relationships with the right people. On the old forum i broke that Tyrod deal was done a week before it was announced, and that it was a restructure instead of just a signing of the deal. My friend recently told me about this site so I enjoy my personal favorite team Bills.

nice. Appreciate the insight. BillinNYC's head might explode with this news though of targeting a DB in the 1st. Edited by YoloinOhio

I’m shocked at how many Bills fans are advocating taking a positional player over QB at #10. It’s as if the Bills franchise were a house with a cracked foundation, and fans are fine with putting in a brand new tricked out kitchen.

Are fans feeling really good with a bottom 20 QB like Taylor? If not, exactly where is the future Bills franchise QB coming from if not the draft? Do you not realize that YOU ARE NOTHING without a QB in the NFL?

In another thread I laid out how many teams with aging QBs will be jumping into the “drafting a QB” game both this year and next year. Bills fans should be frightened by the prospect of the Bills not taking a QB at #10. The QB landscape is going to get very ugly, very quickly in this league with about 12 teams looking for franchise QBs. It’s already started this year by how many of the aging QB teams are actively looking over this year’s QB prospects.

Forget the "big board" rankings, draft a QB.

I’m shocked at how many Bills fans are advocating taking a positional player over QB at #10. It’s as if the Bills franchise were a house with a cracked foundation, and fans are fine with putting in a brand new tricked out kitchen.
Are fans feeling really good with a bottom 20 QB like Taylor? If not, exactly where is the future Bills franchise QB coming from if not the draft? Do you not realize that YOU ARE NOTHING without a QB in the NFL?
In another thread I laid out how many teams with aging QBs will be jumping into the “drafting a QB” game both this year and next year. Bills fans should be frightened by the prospect of the Bills not taking a QB at #10. The QB landscape is going to get very ugly, very quickly in this league with about 12 teams looking for franchise QBs. It’s already started this year by how many of the aging QB teams are actively looking over this year’s QB prospects.
Forget the "big board" rankings, draft a QB.

Which QB do you want, Howard?

O.J. Howard is a stud, but I would not take him at 10.

Deep draft for Tight Ends, get one later.

Jake Butt, Jeremy Sprinkle, or Michael Roberts.

...Trade down for picks IMO....Ebron was supposed to be a slam dunk at #10 in 2014.....taking him a long time to prove his worth IMO.............

That's why Bills fans are so angry, b.c they actually know alot about their team.

Like I said, we may bash each other to no end, but there isn't a fan base that even comes close to the Bills fan base in terms of knowledge of the NFL and their own team.

It's not even close.

...Trade down for picks IMO....Ebron was supposed to be a slam dunk at #10 in 2014.....taking him a long time to prove his worth IMO.............

I loved Ebron, but he was hardly a slam dunk.

The difference here is that Howard has massive size and is a monster blocker, which can help the run game and if he stays in on third downs, he can do his part and help give Taylor the extra time to actually find a receiver.

Mahomes is my first choice, if he's not there then Watson, if he's not there then we can talk about a positional player at #10.

Mahomes at 10? Now that would be a shocker.

I wouldn't hate it at all, but it would be a shocker.

It also means Taylor will be playing for his football life and we might see the very best out of Taylor. Who knows.

Im all in on OJ Howard as the Bills pick at 10. He is one if not the top choice for most safest pick of the draft. Teams are starting to go with a two TE set but I have no problem replacing Clay for Howard after this season

It'd be Billsy to take a TE and attempt to replicate what other teams are now doing. Billsy, because they'd have done it by using a high 1st and big UFA dollars.

So many fans said offense wasn't (EDIT:their) problem last year, but cited the defense. And right now, their secondary depth, starting LBs, and DE depth is more of a priority. This team doesn't have the luxury of taking a TE in the top half of the first round. Hasn't stopped the front office from doing it.

Edited by BillsVet