Who's good with OJ Howard at 10?

njbuff

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it possible to go 2 te sets say 70% of the time i think yes because its either two wr or fb any thoughts ?

i like the idea of two TE sets. especially when the two TEs can block well and be a threat, not just an option, but a threat, in the passing game.

I keep hearing very different things about Mahomes.

I like him enough I'd be happy if we take a shot.

i am with ya here. i would love for the team to take a stab at the most important position in the game. but i also like the "stocking the offensive weaponry cupboard" philosophy of taking a freakish TE in the first. i guess my dream scenario is this guy howard (or one of the stud WRs) in the first, and have Mahomes fall to us in the second. but i think with whaley in "win now" mode, qb may not be a priority.

I personally, would rather get a CB in the 1st round. Lattimore or Tabor. Even trade down and get Sidney Jones possibly early in the 2nd round, now that he's hurt.

If we were to get an offensive player in the 1st round, I would wait until the reports of the 40 times of Davis, and Williams before we make a decision. If it turns out that Howard has the fastest time between all three (highly likely), I would pick him over the other two. Too much of a mismatch with the size and speed, and not sure we get much of a 1st round value with Corey or Williams if most balls thrown their way are contested (most of the balls thrown to them in college were contested).

drafting a qb in the top 10 that is not worth a top 10 pick might also be the billsy thing to do

The QB position is unlike any other in the NFL. Prescott, Carr and Wilson would have all been seen as huge reaches if they were drafted at #10. Because of this, when it comes to QBs, you have to throw the "group think" expert rankings out the window.

If you believe that he has the skills to become a franchise QB, then being able to draft him at #10 is a steal considering the Browns, 49ers, Bears, and Jets all need franchise QBs.

Howard is a game changer...I'd be fine with him, Hooker, Adams, or Foster at 10. If the top CB drops that far, fine with him, too.

NOT a QB. Grab one in the third...maybe Webb. But not in the first round this year.

Everyone knows we have 6 picks right?

The goal should be to trade back and pick up extra selections. Round 2 and 3 there is lots of value at WR, CD, TE, OL all positions of need. If we needed a DE or LB desperately, well this draft has limited depth,

I personally, would rather get a CB in the 1st round. Lattimore or Tabor. Even trade down and get Sidney Jones possibly early in the 2nd round, now that he's hurt.

If we were to get an offensive player in the 1st round, I would wait until the reports of the 40 times of Davis, and Williams before we make a decision. If it turns out that Howard has the fastest time between all three (highly likely), I would pick him over the other two. Too much of a mismatch with the size and speed, and not sure we get much of a 1st round value with Corey or Williams if most balls thrown their way are contested (most of the balls thrown to them in college were contested).

I'd be surprised if CB were in the mix. McD's Cover 3 doesn't require a big investment in the position. No need to go after a CB to play bail at 10.

I'd be surprised if CB were in the mix. McD's Cover 3 doesn't require a big investment in the position. No need to go after a CB to play bail at 10.

Not sure I agree. This past season, McDermott's defense really took a tumble after losing Josh Norman. They dropped from 6th in total defense in 2015, to 21st this past year.

Not saying the drop is directly related to Norman's departure, but I'm sure it played a major role.

Not sure I agree. This past season, McDermott's defense really took a tumble after losing Josh Norman. They dropped from 6th in total defense in 2015, to 21st this past year.

Not saying the drop is directly related to Norman's departure, but I'm sure it played a major role.

They dropped from second to tenth overall using football outsiders' defensive DVOA stat -- a much better measure than simple yards/pts. Regardless, they did slip a bit.

Mahomes is worth the #10 pick, check this out...

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2017/2/10/14575816/patrick-mahomes-would-be-a-great-pick-at-7-for-the-chargers

"He avoids the pressure, somehow stays on his feet, keeps his eyes downfield and casually launches it for 30 yards. I can think of a few NFL QBs who that reminds me of, and they're all future HoFs."

These are the skills that separate the average and the great QBs.

I'm pretty sure if it was as cut and dry as you say it is than he'd be the first pick in the draft and him lasting til 10 would never happen.