Who's good with OJ Howard at 10?

njbuff

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I was impress with how well he runs and his soft hands, he is a natural catcher TE, but when I read his scouting report and his stats I ended a little worried.

For someone as talented and gifted as he is the stats don´t show up, now the question is who´s to fault? Is he lazzy or lacks passion or willness? Or his OC didn´t gameplan properly? Maybe his QB didn´t found him often....

We may have the same problem with Clay, great unused talent.

Who's good with OJ Howard at 10?

Not me. The needs elsewhere are too big. 2nd TE just can't overshadow our four or five major needs.

Thats my personal biggest road block on Howard too, having Clay already here and big investment in him. However, if I am not mistaken, isnt Clay a FA next year or we can get out of the contract or something? I feel like this is the final year we are really tied to him, but I could be wrong. Assume I am right on that, then Howard could come in as part as duel threat attack with Clay this year and then replace him and get Clay off our books next year and free up cap space. But again, not positive about Clays deal.

No. If they cut Clay this year, they would actually pay around $4 mill more in dead money than they would be saving by cutting him. Next year it will be exactly even, $9 mill in cap hit vs. $9 mill in dead cap. The only way we get rid of Clay is if something happens and he simply can't play, a serious injury for example.

And watching the All-22, what was obvious about Clay was that he was open consistently. Over and over again.

At 6' 6" Howard would also help the 6' 1" Tyrod Taylor who has problems locating his playmakers on the football field.

Big targets help small QB's IMO.

It's a nice idea, but IMHO it doesn't hold up. Clay is 6'3" and was open a ton but didn't get the ball much the past two years.

Edited by Thurman#1

I would feel a lot better about the pick if Taylor could hit his TE over the middle...perhaps the new offense will force him to do this AND throw in rhythm...if he can't, we will hopefully be drafting a guy who can.

TT started to throw over the middle a lot more in the final few games. I think it's going to happen.

Howard isn't the safest pick in the draft... He iprobably sn't the best pick either.... OJ howard is the most useful weapon/tool a team can have.... An offensive windfall for any coaching staff that knows what it's doing....If healthy, he can start work immediately.... Your average QB is now in a position to look above average... Your unintimidating offense now has something other teams should worry about... OJ Howard is the beginning of what could be a foundation of size, strength, and speed on offense... Let's not make this hard... OJ HOWARD AT 10 TO THE BUFFALO BILLS!!!!!!

Edited by #34fan

IMO Howard might up being the best player in this draft. If he makes it to 10, that might be ideal for the Bills to trade down. Howard is coveted by many teams. Hopefully someone would overpay. If I am Whaley, I am looking for as many picks between rounds 2 and 5 as I can get. Trade down, and trade down again

@jumosq
Since 2008, 14 receivers have been taken in the top 15 picks. Only four had better three-cone times than O.J. Howard's 6.85.

Those receivers? A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Odell Beckham Jr. O.J. Howard did it at two inches and 40 pounds heavier.

very impressive. I am a-ok with Howard at 10. Problem is, I highly doubt he makes it to 10